Amir Khan gets rematch

froggg

Amir Khan has been granted an "immediate rematch" with Lamont Peterson by the WBA following his controversial loss.

Khan lost a spilt decision - as well as his WBA and IBF light-welterweight titles - to the American in Washington in December.

However, the fight was dogged in controversy with Khan docked two points for pushing by referee Joe Cooper, while a "mystery man" - later identified to be Mustafa Ameen - was seen at ringside appearing to handle the scorecards.

Khan also claims he was told he had won the fight only for the Peterson to be awarded the decision after a long wait for the result.

Thrilled

Khan's promotional team Golden Boy had appealed the decision to both the WBA and IBF - wanting the bout to be declared a "no-contest" and for a rematch to be ordered.

The WBA have made the first move by agreeing to a rematch, with the IBF - to whom Ameen is affiliated - will make a decision next week.

(Sky sports news)

Should think so, he'll batter him this time.......might even have a punt

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that guy standing over the judges when it was on the news. They're not supposed to have contact with anyone during the match are they? Very sus that one. I reckon he'll win this and come out and prove his point.

Should think so, he'll batter him this time.......might even have a punt

I hope Peterson batters him in the rematch.

Peterson was the deserved winner of one of the best fights I have seen in many years in the first bout.

Amir Khan's camp have done nothing but whinge and complain about the fight saying the result was unfair. Khan lost the fight because Peterson took the fight to him and Khan couldn't handle it.

Peterson has kindly offered him a rematch but it is more than Khan deserves IMO.

I hope Peterson batters him in the rematch.

Peterson was the deserved winner of one of the best fights I have seen in many years in the first bout.

Amir Khan's camp have done nothing but whinge and complain about the fight saying the result was unfair. Khan lost the fight because Peterson took the fight to him and Khan couldn't handle it.

Peterson has kindly offered him a rematch but it is more than Khan deserves IMO.

It's the WBA that have offered the rematch with the IBF set to follow......skullduggery was afoot that night, Khan didn't have his best night for sure, what do you think the odds will be?

It's the WBA that have offered the rematch with the IBF set to follow......skullduggery was afoot that night, Khan didn't have his best night for sure, what do you think the odds will be?

I watched the fight and Peterson won fair and square.

If I had been the judge then I would have awarded Peterson the fight. Narrowly yes, but he was the better fighter.

The boxing authorities have likely awarded a rematch as Khan was docked two points by the referee and it was deemed very unlucky.

Khan will start as favourite but I won't be betting on this result. If I was to predict the odds then I would say that Khan will be about 1/3 to win.

I watched the fight and Peterson won fair and square.

If I had been the judge then I would have awarded Peterson the fight. Narrowly yes, but he was the better fighter.

The boxing authorities have likely awarded a rematch as Khan was docked two points by the referee and it was deemed very unlucky.

Khan will start as favourite but I won't be betting on this result. If I was to predict the odds then I would say that Khan will be about 1/3 to win.

I had a bet on Khan to win that, I doubt I'd get my money back though..

I thought Petersen was the better fighter in the latter rounds too, Khan proved that he's a good first 6 round fighter, but once he tires and he's not using maximum speed, his technique catches up with him and he's 2nd best in the latter rounds..

If you can survive the first 6 rounds against him, with the points not completely one sides, anyone with decent technique will have him.. Manny Paquiao has beaten him numerous times in sparring because of his technique sees him through.. If Khan fought Juan Manuel Marquez which I hope he does he'd get battered.. His technique is up there with Floyd Mayweathers, it's better than Mannys IMO..

Of the fight though, you can't get deducted 2 poits for a push.. Amir Khan won that round, yet somehow the score ended up 10-8.. If it was the usual 9-9 Amir Khan would have won 113-112 instead of vice versa and 2-1 won by majority decision, hence the uproar and whinging.. In fairness mcsilks, he does have a point.. Even though I thought Petersen was the better boxer.

Archived