Riggots Contract Cancelled

Curtains

You mean the forecast is to end up at 10m ? The budget I am guessing will be Oct 11 to Sept 12, so I presume you are looking at what we will end up, or am I missing something ?

The budget is for this season, year starting 01/07/2010.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year then, so you are talking the final accounts for 10/11 ?

No I am talking the season we are in, not talking accounts players wage budgets for this season. We are nearly 1 million over what was planned on what we are contracted to pay.

Right, sorry you said 2010 which confused me.

Its all realtive though, and depends how we intend to readdress the amount we are over, Id be more worried if we were 10% under budget, because recently we are struggling for player and without us going over we would really have been up the creek.

Its easy to look at the players that didnt work and say without them we would have been under, but when you are working within such a tight constraint you have to take a gamble now again, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Not sure why people get so hung up on being over budget, Clough has stated we are over budget, so its not a big suprise, I more concerend at why we have such a low one in the first place, Leacock and co have had their contracts for a while now.

My guess would be that due to lack of investment / ST sales, this got lowered at some time.

Certainly do budget for players wages this year just below 9m, at present nearly touching 10m. The Pearson, Bywater, Leacock all big earners have hit hard. Sheffield Wednesday want Bywater but will pay nowhere near what he is on.

Real issue this window bids are expected for several of our players. This will be a major test of Mr Glick's ability how will he handle it and what strategy does he have.

Mate, Football Manager isn't 100% accurate for wage figures / budget.

Right, sorry you said 2010 which confused me.

Its all realtive though, and depends how we intend to readdress the amount we are over, Id be more worried if we were 10% under budget, because recently we are struggling for player and without us going over we would really have been up the creek.

Its easy to look at the players that didnt work and say without them we would have been under, but when you are working within such a tight constraint you have to take a gamble now again, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Not sure why people get so hung up on being over budget, Clough has stated we are over budget, so its not a big suprise, I more concerend at why we have such a low one in the first place, Leacock and co have had their contracts for a while now.

My guess would be that due to lack of investment / ST sales, this got lowered at some time.

Sorry I put the wrong year in, I think it is pretty clear they budgeted on getting the players they didn't want out and as that has not happened they will spend more than planned.

How that impacts on what happens in terms of selling players this window and whether any of that possible income will be spent and the knock-on for next summer will be of great interest and conjecture.

For a very good reason that's why !. There is nothing worse than seeing these dopey birds taking up seats sitting there more interested in painting their finger nails than what's going on on the pitch. Most go along just to please the new boyfriend or to show off a new hairdo, I even saw one soft tart cheer for the opposing side when a goal went in lol. Birds and football don't mix.

Narrow-minded misogynist.

What happened to the days when football was about football? Not how much money there is or how much has been wasted? Surely there should be two different sections on this forum, one called football, and the other money. Would be sad to see the football section empty though.

I was just thinking the same thing. We are completely obsessed with money.

Archived