Its a funny old game

Curtains

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. I'd be more worried if I was a Red Dog right now seems we are more healthy all round m8.

PS They also need a new stadium and are in debt.

No offence mate, but this is our club we are worried about, I ain't worried for forest, it's a fine line. Look at what forest had, a local supporter with millions to invest. He invested on the advise of previous managers advice, to get into the prem.

That's what we want, a local multimillionaire with money to burn, would you want it given to a manager that thinks Billy Sharp isn't worth £1 million? Or upsets certain players despite the fact other players are not performing any better?

I think you take a chance with local owners, Lional did his best, and got turned on. Doughty did his best and got turned on.

I hate football, why do I have to keep going back? I just can't help myself.

I have a feeling that our fan base may not be quite so healthy if things don't improve.

I'm sure I'm not alone in getting totally fed up with watching negative boring football and, I hate to say it, expecting to lose games that everybody says we should win.

There's another thread on here about the lack of atmosphere at Pride Park and coming up with all sorts of ideas to improve it. As far as I'm concerned the biggest improvement would be exciting games of football wherer we could be proud of the club win, lose or draw. I've developed a serious crick in the neck from looking over my shoulder for the last three seasons. I know most of us will almost certainly renew our season tickets which is good but the board know it as well and that is BAD.

. 7 points off top 6. Also healthy 7 points off bottom 3 with a easing injury crisis and youngsters coming through. Decent Stadium and good fan base and good bank balance. Looking forward bring on Dirty Leeds and the Hammers

first of all not a good fan base, our fan base while it may attract numbers is not good in any sense of the word. Secondly, when you look at the teams at the top, they seem to be a lot better than us and we don't have the ability to compete with them. Thirdly, these youngsters you talk about, Ball has been alright, Obrien has blew hot and cold, very little skill and looked shaky towards the end. Bennet will be snatched off us if he proves to be as good as touted, same with hendrick. The only way we can keep these youngsters is with quick progression, which I predict won't happen. Also, these youngsters may not be as good as we think they are, look at nyatanga, addison, holmes all very good at a young age but did nothing when they were older.Again I said the points were tight but I can't see us competing up there, we aren't good enough. I can't see us being in a dog fight to beat relegation either, even if our results do suggest that is where we are heading. The bank balance is quite frankly unknown, you can't say whether it is good or not.

No offence mate, but this is our club we are worried about, I ain't worried for forest, it's a fine line. Look at what forest had, a local supporter with millions to invest. He invested on the advise of previous managers advice, to get into the prem.

That's what we want, a local multimillionaire with money to burn, would you want it given to a manager that thinks Billy Sharp isn't worth £1 million? Or upsets certain players despite the fact other players are not performing any better?

I think you take a chance with local owners, Lional did his best, and got turned on. Doughty did his best and got turned on.

I hate football, why do I have to keep going back? I just can't help myself.

Agree with the lional point Boycie, after everything he did what have we done to honor him? a stand should be named after him because of what he did. While it did go all sour, he did what he did because he loved the club and wanted it to be a success.

. 7 points off top 6. Also healthy 7 points off bottom 3 with a easing injury crisis and youngsters coming through. Decent Stadium and good fan base and good bank balance. Looking forward bring on Dirty Leeds and the Hammers

There is little wonder the Yanks think everything in the garden is rosy when the read drivel like this IMHO.

. Good repost m8 I think the difference at the moment is my glass is half full yours is the opposite. I find it difficult to be patient also as I've lived through the really great times but I have changed recently my view on Clough junior although at times he frustrates me with Cwyka and Maguire etc but I do believe we are in good hands and we all think the grass could be greener on the other side but its not always the case. We have to be careful what we wish for. I reasonably happy with DCFC at the moment it could be worse at least we are still competing in a tough and exciting league

Fair enough mate, I love this forum because it is all about having opinions and sharing them even if they are different. I think what worries me is that in 3 years we haven't gone anywhere, we haven't progressed but people still seem to be happy. I mean the man has spent 3 million this year net spend and we are only 2 points above watford who have a rookie manager and are broke, everyone says about the kids, but they will either be sold off or won't progress how we hope in our current state. I can be patient if it looks like we are exiting the tunnel, but it really doesn't look like we are for me and it looks like we will have to throw money at clough for him to succeed.

We do have to be careful what we wish for, but it couldn't be too much worse at the moment for me. I am only 18 and have been going to watch derby for a decade now, but I am disillusioned with the way the club is going. I might well be wrong, we might beat west ham and leeds and we'll all be delighted and singing clough's praises, I don't want him to fail I just can't see him succeeding.

. Good repost m8 I think the difference at the moment is my glass is half full yours is the opposite. I find it difficult to be patient also as I've lived through the really great times but I have changed recently my view on Clough junior although at times he frustrates me with Cwyka and Maguire etc but I do believe we are in good hands and we all think the grass could be greener on the other side but its not always the case. We have to be careful what we wish for. Im reasonably happy with DCFC at the moment it could be worse at least we are still competing in a tough and exciting league

I think your glass is overflowing rather than half full TBH.

I've said before that the main problem we face is that this board and this manasger are a job lot and either they both go or both stay.

I'm at a loss as to what we as fans can do other than stop buying tickets but a bankrupt club is no good to anyone.

. I've criticised the Board and Management team on here also and will continue to do so if I don't like what's happening and I can appreciate your frustration with lack of success but we are in difficult financial times so would a massive change in the clubs structure at this time help I don't think so it would just cause upheaval. I think the Managers team are dedicated if not sometimes misguided but at the moment they are doing a relatively good job and we were unlucky yesterday absolutely

the financial times bit I cannot contradict, however we don't know who these people are, they might be making money off the problems at the moment not losing money. Yesterday were we unlucky? we had two decent chances and didn't put them away, but ipswich had that in the second half, we created nothing second half. I wouldn't say we were unlucky just that we were punished for not doing things right. I don't think they are doing a good job, and at the moment no-one can convince me they are doing a good job. The problem also is that we are always unlucky, very rarely over the last 3 years have I heard nigel state we got what we deserved we were awful etc etc, it always seems to be a decision or bad luck.

I think your glass is overflowing rather than half full TBH.

I've said before that the main problem we face is that this board and this manasger are a job lot and either they both go or both stay.

I'm at a loss as to what we as fans can do other than stop buying tickets but a bankrupt club is no good to anyone.

That's what the I want an Atmosphere thread is all about. The only thing fans can do is do is to make an effort to back the team, instead of booing and cheering when things go tits up. (Not saying it's you at all here btw) - and I understand where you're coming from.

Supporting your football team for your whole life, is a bit like marriage. It's all about give and take. From a fans point of view, the majority of the time there seems to be too much giving with not a lot to take back. The worst thing any club can do is take their fans for granted because without them, they're nothing. Eventually fans are just going to give up, they have no incentive.

I don't know what the answer is to make things as we all want to see them - but it has to be a joint responsibility for the board, manager, back room staff and the fans too. Stopping the booing and jeering will stop players confidence levels taking another kicking but they're always going to kop for it because they're the ones who are on the front line every week, not the board.

Can you imagine the jeers if Glick walked out onto the pitch when the place is packed?

Archived