Its a funny old game

Curtains

. You make very good points which make loads of sense but give it until the end of this season and by all means keep putting across your views.

thanks 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> and while it may seem like they can't do anything to change my mind, they can, they can win football matches consistently and well. Like I said if we beat west ham and leeds we will all be happy, excited and looking forward to the rest of the season. If we finish well at the end of the season again I will be happy and he will have given me something in which I can back, but until that moment comes I will keep to my views.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what the I want an Atmosphere thread is all about. The only thing fans can do is do is to make an effort to back the team, instead of booing and cheering when things go tits up. (Not saying it's you at all here btw) - and I understand where you're coming from.

Supporting your football team for your whole life, is a bit like marriage. It's all about give and take. From a fans point of view, the majority of the time there seems to be too much giving with not a lot to take back. The worst thing any club can do is take their fans for granted because without them, they're nothing. Eventually fans are just going to give up, they have no incentive.

I don't know what the answer is to make things as we all want to see them - but it has to be a joint responsibility for the board, manager, back room staff and the fans too. Stopping the booing and jeering will stop players confidence levels taking another kicking but they're always going to kop for it because they're the ones who are on the front line every week, not the board.

Can you imagine the jeers if Glick walked out onto the pitch when the place is packed?

It's worse than marriage. I've been divorced twice and I don't miss either of them but I would miss the Rams so much that a divorce is out of the question. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I agree about the booing BTW I would never do it and hate to hear it but I fo find myself sitting quietly at games because there's nothing to excite me. I sometimes wish I was 30 years younger and then I could play with my iphone like a lot seem to do. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

. I've criticised the Board and Management team on here also and will continue to do so if I don't like what's happening and I can appreciate your frustration with lack of success but we are in difficult financial times so would a massive change in the clubs structure at this time help I don't think so it would just cause upheaval. I think the Managers team are dedicated if not sometimes misguided but at the moment they are doing a relatively good job and we were unlucky yesterday absolutely

And the optimist of the year award goes to........... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

For Derby to reach the playoffs and or consolidate in the top half we'd need to put together another run or find some consistancy..

I made the post before.. From every 6 game period we've had the first six games (winning the first 4 of the season) was promotion form but over the next 16 games or so we've been on lower midtable/relegation form..

You don't go from one extreme to another unless it's either a purple patch or a slump.. Every team will have one.. We are a lowermidtable team at best who play boring negative football.. I don't know where people have got the idea that we're all of a sudden going to push on and go on a run..

I'll throw it out there now, we won't win another 3 games on the trot all season and we won't stay undefeated for longer than any 4 game stretch.. We'll be lucky to finish above 16th.

Are we improving in the long run though?

I mean what are we better at this season than we were last season. What season showed more promise. Was it the wins and the grip we had on the top 6 earlier in the season? Or was it the free flowing attacking football that we played HALF of last season with mixed results.

I guess it links in with another thread now. Which squad is better?

Nothing is going to change, so to the people moaning, either get on board and support the side or give up and feck off!

The only effect your moaning is having is boring the living **** out of people that read this forum, changing Clough and Co would make it worse IMO, and as Forest have found out there is no-one out there willing to make a massive loss on a championship football club, as Forest have found out, it's not a case of saying 'you want to buy Derby County' to an arab and him ploughing all his money into it.

I would presume we're probably one of the reported 20 championship clubs up for sale!

Nothing is going to change, so to the people moaning, either get on board and support the side or give up and feck off!

The only effect your moaning is having is boring the living **** out of people that read this forum, changing Clough and Co would make it worse IMO, and as Forest have found out there is no-one out there willing to make a massive loss on a championship football club, as Forest have found out, it's not a case of saying 'you want to buy Derby County' to an arab and him ploughing all his money into it.

I would presume we're probably one of the reported 20 championship clubs up for sale!

Those that do moan, like me, do support the side.. I support Deby County football club, not Nigel Clough nor the board..

But if I want NC out because I find him dull, boring, unimaginative, negative and above all an average at best manager then I have every right to do so..

Some of us don't have aspirations of being the next Coventry City

Those that do moan, like me, do support the side.. I support Deby County football club, not Nigel Clough nor the board..

But if I want NC out because I find him dull, boring, unimaginative, negative and above all an average at best manager then I have every right to do so..

Some of us don't have aspirations of being the next Coventry City

Difference is, we can boo him in person, you can only boo by proxy.

We had a great start to the season. I think we were better prepared and caught some less well prepared teams off guard. There was also a belief within the team that was evident each time they played. Predictably we have suffered injuries and the lack of strength in depth has shown through in playing Rykneld primary school (Mrs Mortons class 5's) up front.Bris vegas' stats suggest we will finish mid to lower table, we are simply treading water at the moment.

GSE will stick with Cloughie if we stay where we are, or do better, and I can't see us getting near the play-offs. Interesting to think what might happen if we were to go down though?

The only effect your moaning is having is boring the living **** out of people that read this forum, changing Clough and Co would make it worse[size=6] IMO[/size], and as Forest have found out there is no-one out there willing to make a massive loss on a championship football club, as Forest have found out, it's not a case of saying 'you want to buy Derby County' to an arab and him ploughing all his money into it.

They probably think the same about your posts, you coming the great I am all the time [size=6]IMO 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> [/size]

I'd like to think we'd go down. Be a big fish in a small pond. Find some gems. Enjoy a few great days out. Win the division, come up with the confidence all the bigger clubs tend to. Have a striker that everybody fears but nobody had heard of before we bought him. Storm into the Championship playing better football with more confidence than we have showed in donkeys. Follow on the trail of Leeds, Norwich, Leicester, Forest (before the collapse), S'hampton and likely Charlton, Huddersfield, Sheffields by saying going down actually was what we needed.

But knowing Derby, I have little faith in that dream going smoothly. Keep us up!!

I'd still go in League one, football is football.. does anyone actually go to games to see the big boys of the championship 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

They probably think the same about your posts, you coming the great I am all the time [size=6]IMO 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> [/size]

I don't mean to come over as the great I am, I just try and get my point across.. obviously people have different ideas and levels when it comes to football, some people expect the americans to buy billy sharp in january, others think there is lines of billionaires waiting at the gate of pride park just biding their time for a chance to run a money losing company, which is a thankless task others like me, know the grass is not always greener on the other side and as Clough is established here now, along with his staff under these restrictions, change would come and go pretty quickly.. and same people you included will start asking questions, I doubt there as ever been a manager who'se name hasn't been called to be sacked in our history, even Brian Clough had to put up with a few... I am far too young to remember that but from my experience, I remember cries for Billy Davies to be sacked 7 games into his Derby career, and Howard to be sold in the same transfer window he was brought, there is no doubt in my mind these are the same people who want change now, because they see that as how football should be done!

I'd like to think we'd go down. Be a big fish in a small pond. Find some gems. Enjoy a few great days out. Win the division, come up with the confidence all the bigger clubs tend to.

I remember stupidly saying that in 1991. But I had an excuse, I was 13 and didn't know any better.

Archived