Same old Same old

tidzaken

What is it going to take to get the right people in to take our club forward?

I fear we are going to experience League 1 before we start heading in the right direction again.

I hate to be pessimistic but we experience this season after season and quite frankly I'm sick of it.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is it going to take to get the right people in to take our club forward?

I fear we are going to experience League 1 before we start heading in the right direction again.

I hate to be pessimistic but we experience this season after season and quite frankly I'm sick of it.

I have said it before and i'm happy to say it again. Stop Buying Season tickets! The americans are waiting to develop their shopping mall but unfortunatly for them there is a football team connected to the land they wish to develop.

They have factored in a gullable customer base who will stump up season after season to enable them to run the club without recourse to putting too much of their own money in.

I know it won't happen but if 12-15,000 people did not renew then they might just sell the football club and hive off the development site for themselves.

Unfortunately that's also a risky strategy. Might find they get forced to sell up and not be particularly picky as to who buys it. SISU, the amigo's, some dodgy corrupt foreigners - I'm no fan of the current board (by a long chalk) but they're not the worst owners a football club could have.

Unfortunately that's also a risky strategy. Might find they get forced to sell up and not be particularly picky as to who buys it. SISU, the amigo's, some dodgy corrupt foreigners - I'm no fan of the current board (by a long chalk) but they're not the worst owners a football club could have.

They are no good for football AT a club

I respect your point but these people are absentee landlords who have no interest in the direction of the ' soccer ' team.

Women stay in abusive relationships for years because they figure better the devil you know but its not a healthy decision.

I am happy to take a risk on anyone but the current shower.

You don't think there's worse owners?

Its possible but like i said i am happy to take a risk. Anyway the same strategy can work with the new owners, we withold our cash untill we see some investment.

Whats wrong with paying game by game, thats what most of us used to do when you could just wake up on a sat morning and decide you fancied going on the match.

Its possible but like i said i am happy to take a risk. Anyway the same strategy can work with the new owners, we withold our cash untill we see some investment.

Whats wrong with paying game by game, thats what most of us used to do when you could just wake up on a sat morning and decide you fancied going on the match.

It wasn't £33 to get in in those days

Like a part-time supporter do you mean?

Come next year when the FFP regs come into action, which seemingly make it impossible to invest then we have the right owners, we're being run very correctly and very sensibly and have tried hard to bring in a sense of sentiment back to the club specially with the statues, baseball ground players entrance...etc and along with that have squeezed every tiny bit of money out of companies for sponsorship and looked into bringing more money into the club without going to ridiculous lengths and calling the stadium 'marks&sparks stadium' so we can't argue with their running of the club, more of the frustration of their lack of throwing money around willy nilly.

Moving on to Clough, sacking him would prove no more useful than supporters running on the pitch sword fighting each other he can only do so much, he isn't a puppet master, the most he can do is support and encourage and in that department he has done well this season, for whatever reason the things that were so easy a few months ago aren't now, is this Cloughs fault.. I wouldn't say so at all, in the transfer market his been hit and miss, but 90% of the time brought players who have held the value we brought the for, some just haven't made a big enough step up that we would of hoped, frustrating not to see him expand his scouting network as for me, that is the bread and butter of building a good side IF you don't have the money to throw out on proven championship players, and managers that go out for proven championship players are more often than not, lazy and resting on reputation, but can sign players to please the fans.

The team for me certainly isn't far away in terms of quality, definitely few extra bodies need to be brought into the side but nothing on the scale that most people are thinking, in a game of 11 vs 11 and with the players we already have 3 shrewd buys in the January transfer market, looking into finishing this season on a high and building for next season would make a huge difference.

Are people only going to be satisfied if he finds the next Igor Stimac?

I am not in that camp at all, but we could certainly do with opening our horizons IMO but obviously searching abroad means we have to bring in the right sort of player, and it doesn't always mean he has to be physical because we've seen that tito villa could of easily ran through brick walls but his positional sense was a second priority for his thirst for chasing a ball like a bulldog on heat and bueno whilst ridiculously talented and gifted with the ball, was very much a passenger in his off days, which there were far too many of, sorry to say.

It's a hard job scouting abroad and trying to find the right players, but we've seen it can be done and I would personally start with international first team players that could be available within our means.

I am not in that camp at all, but we could certainly do with opening our horizons IMO but obviously searching abroad means we have to bring in the right sort of player, and it doesn't always mean he has to be physical because we've seen that tito villa could of easily ran through brick walls but his positional sense was a second priority for his thirst for chasing a ball like a bulldog on heat and bueno whilst ridiculously talented and gifted with the ball, was very much a passenger in his off days, which there were far too many of, sorry to say.

It's a hard job scouting abroad and trying to find the right players, but we've seen it can be done and I would personally start with international first team players that could be available within our means.

So you'll only be satisfied if we cross-breed Bueno & Tito and have 5 of these on the field. I totally support this plan.

& Tamas Priskin ;-)

So you'll only be satisfied if we cross-breed Bueno & Tito and have 5 of these on the field. I totally support this plan.

& Tamas Priskin ;-)

Tamas, certainly plays similar to Rasiak and has a lot of on the ball ability but with him it all depends on wages and desire.

Archived