Harry Redknapp

MrsRam

keep digging around in the past and you are going to eventually come up with someone that fits your criteria... all I was saying is that the three you mentioned straight away....were all completely wrong....especially Mr Klinsman..

As for arry...he is a loser...he will always be a loser...he will never win the league....because, even with over 200 million to throw around....he just is not good enough. The England job is for the best...he isn't.

Cuz' having a manager who's been a 'winner' in the past (i.e. Sven & Capello) has made such a big difference to England's success rate!

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cuz' having a manager who's been a 'winner' in the past (i.e. Sven & Capello) has made such a big difference to England's success rate!

But...having the "best Englishman around" who happen to be losers, like Graham Taylor and Kevin Keegan....has really served us well..??

But...having the "best Englishman around" who happen to be losers, like Graham Taylor and Kevin Keegan....has really served us well..??

I don't remember saying they did - please show me the post where I said that!

I was merely pointing out the flaw in your logic - you're quick to pounce on 'losers' like Redknapp despite the fact that the supposed 'winners' have failed just as spectacularly!

So what's the solution? a 'winner' or a 'loser' - the facts are that both fail with England.

Redknapp deserves the England job, he's done such a good job in Pompey and various other's.. and he's a real english manager, so i'd have no problem if he was hired, he'd probably do a better job then previous managers.. Maybe even give us a good run in the euros

Redknapp deserves the England job, he's done such a good job in Pompey and various other's.. and he's a real english manager, so i'd have no problem if he was hired, he'd probably do a better job then previous managers.. Maybe even give us a good run in the euros

Is the a wind up..? he did such a good job with Pompey....and various others...? ha ha ha ha

I don't remember saying they did - please show me the post where I said that!

I was merely pointing out the flaw in your logic - you're quick to pounce on 'losers' like Redknapp despite the fact that the supposed 'winners' have failed just as spectacularly!

So what's the solution? a 'winner' or a 'loser' - the facts are that both fail with England.

I was just pointing out the flaw in your logic also... of course, everyone apart from Sir Alf Ramsey has completely failed at the England job, do to give us the best chance in the future we need the best manager around...and 'arry is not that.

Mouriniho is....so get him....breka the bank, he will come, he would love to do it. Leave arry where he is, trundling along bankrupting club after club after club, and personally I cant wait until Spurs go that way too...

Not sure Sven was a failure on the grand scheme - got us to a couple of Quarter Finals. Given our poor tournament pedigree in recent history he was probably one of the better managers we've had in my lifetime.

My choice would be Woy the Boy, but there you go.

Not sure Sven was a failure on the grand scheme - got us to a couple of Quarter Finals. Given our poor tournament pedigree in recent history he was probably one of the better managers we've had in my lifetime.

My choice would be Woy the Boy, but there you go.

The problem with Sven's reign, was two fold, the press hated him, well, they loved the scandal that surrouded him as it sold newspapers, but they were terrible to him, because of him being foreign of course. the second problem was that he had a very very very good bunch of players, most of them in their prime of their footballing life...and he didn't quite make it happen.

The problem with Sven's reign, was two fold, the press hated him, well, they loved the scandal that surrouded him as it sold newspapers, but they were terrible to him, because of him being foreign of course. the second problem was that he had a very very very good bunch of players, most of them in their prime of their footballing life...and he didn't quite make it happen.

I don't think anyone could make it happen though.

How many times has Gerrard, in his career, been fantastic for Liverpool and really, really average for England? Same for Terry, Lampard - infact, nearly all of the players that should have been leading the team didn't show up. But that's been the problem for years. Look at 2010 under Capello - rubbish.

whoever takes charge has a mammoth task. The Engish press and fans are bigging the team up every tournament no matter what the chances of winning it.I cant see England winning euro 2012 and I certainly cant see them winning in Brazil.England arent all that good,and with only 1 decent striker in rooney (who is in no way world class) our chances of getting to a semi final are slim.

The manager ultimately takes the flak for it.Capello got slated after the world cup but the players got off lightly.They were a disgrace.

Perhaps clough should do it as strangely there are people who think he is a genius and Redknapp is useless.Bizarre.

Didnt he take pompey up and win the FA cup with them? Oh yes I forgot your blaming him for the debt not the owners or the managers since

Harry Bassett has got millions of teams promoted....shall we give it him..? Or maybe jim Smith..? Actually Neil Warnock would have been a good shout....what about Chris Houghton, or maybe Lambert....?

Yes he won the FA Cup....wowzers... so did Joe royle, Bobby Gould, Rafa Benitez, Ruud Gullit, Gianluca Vialli, John Sillet...shall we give it one of them??

And, as for the financial goings on at Portsmouth, go on one of their forum's and see what they think of him.... do you think him paying 7 million for Peter Crouch and 4 million in wages over 2 years, then selling him for the same, whilst, this is the key bit you might need to pay attention to, pocketing a huge personal "bonus" for "finding" Crouch and then for "selling him too" really helped them out? and do you think the other 45 players he bought every season, all with the same "clauses" helped them..? I think not....so, yes, I do blame him for the financial mess they are in, obviously not entirely, but he certainly had a big hand in it.

Harry Bassett has got millions of teams promoted....shall we give it him..? Or maybe jim Smith..? Actually Neil Warnock would have been a good shout....what about Chris Houghton, or maybe Lambert....?

Yes he won the FA Cup....wowzers... so did Joe royle, Bobby Gould, Rafa Benitez, Ruud Gullit, Gianluca Vialli, John Sillet...shall we give it one of them??

And, as for the financial goings on at Portsmouth, go on one of their forum's and see what they think of him.... do you think him paying 7 million for Peter Crouch and 4 million in wages over 2 years, then selling him for the same, whilst, this is the key bit you might need to pay attention to, pocketing a huge personal "bonus" for "finding" Crouch and then for "selling him too" really helped them out? and do you think the other 45 players he bought every season, all with the same "clauses" helped them..? I think not....so, yes, I do blame him for the financial mess they are in, obviously not entirely, but he certainly had a big hand in it.

Do you think he did the contracts or the chief exec? The "bonus" is very common in football and its not just our him who does it. Looking on a forum doesnt prove much, you can find man u fans who think Fergie should go on theres. You say he only won the FA cup but did you expect him to win the title at pompey or West Ham? Dont you think he has done a decent job at spurs? The spurs wage bill isnt as big as Chelski, Liverpool or the gunners yet they are out performing them.

England need a manager to come in and look long term, Harry no offence intended doesn't look like he is going to be in work for much longer... I think if he got offered the England job he'd see it as his last big pay off that he could give to his dog as a present in an offshore account titled rosie403

I think we need a manager to come in and look at being the long serving manager for the next 10-15 years, but that's my thoughts on it.

I'd like someone with a reputation on bringing on young players and making them world class as well, but that won't happen...

Do you think he did the contracts or the chief exec? The "bonus" is very common in football and its not just our him who does it. Looking on a forum doesnt prove much, you can find man u fans who think Fergie should go on theres. You say he only won the FA cup but did you expect him to win the title at pompey or West Ham? Dont you think he has done a decent job at spurs? The spurs wage bill isnt as big as Chelski, Liverpool or the gunners yet they are out performing them.

Spurs wage bill is double Arsenals, they have famously got a very strict wage structure that spurs havent ,he has spent over 200 million at Spurs and won, nothing at all, nothing...and he wont ever win anything.

The most disloyal person in football, keep him away from my national team, let him sit at home counting his money and learning to text.

10-15 years in international football, never gonna happen

You are right, its never foing to happen, shame though, because its exactly what we need. When klinsman took over that is just what he started and look atthem now. As someone said, redknapp isnt interested in the long term, he is interested in filling up Rosie's bank account.

Archived