Robert Maxwell...

Schteve

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The away match at Port Vale when he died was one of the best I've been to.

Derby lost 1-0 (RVDL goal?) and it pissed it down all night on that uncovered away terrace but the songs, inflatable rings and arm bands, and the jubilent Rams fans was just brilliant.

All together now...

10 men and a JCB went to bury Maxwell.....

The following home game was electric too with Graham Richards still banned from the BBG commentary box attending with the faithful on the Popside

Whilst I would never celebrate a man's death I can see why people would who lost their pensions. But those who go mental for a man's death just because he screwed over their football club need to find something to care about that matters more. I love football as much as the next man, but it worries me that people in this country can take it that far...

I'm not saying he was anything other than a w*nker, he destroyed many peoples lives. But what he did to Derby was nowhere near the worst of it.

people get carried away. (by the tide in Maxwells case) look at the Derby SE corner chanting to Ronaldo about his car crash. You get one idiot start it, and the rest of the sheep follow. In isolation, they wouldn't say that to the persons face or family.

people get carried away. (by the tide in Maxwells case) look at the Derby SE corner chanting to Ronaldo about his car crash. You get one idiot start it, and the rest of the sheep follow. In isolation, they wouldn't say that to the persons face or family.

it is true, it is about deindividuation which takes place in riots, mass movements and often football chants.

it is true, it is about deindividuation which takes place in riots, mass movements and often football chants.

Watch Derren Brown by any chance????

I was at both games, you had to be there to appreciate what happened and why it did. I even remember all the players throwing their black armbands off after kick off.

Archived