Maicon scores a screamer for Inter!

james_ram

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[url=http://www.soccerbythenumbers.com/2011/06/goal-production-in-six-leagues-or-are.html]http://www.soccerbyt...ues-or-are.html

Yeah, Serie A is so negative...

And I can't agree with Bris that the passing is poor - it's way above the Prem in my opinion in that department, and pretty much all the players are dead comfortable on the ball.

The passing is poor in comparison to La Liga and The Bundesliga IMO, though I agree the PL is hardly the best passes of the ball..

I just read that link, and still believe it's a negative league.. It's competitive, more so than the PL, as anyone can beat anyone.. But I still find it tedious to watch.. I watched the Milan 4-4 Udinese last season and despite the 8 goals, I wasn't entertained.. The goals were so basic from poor defensive mistakes it took away any credit from the scoreline.. It wasn't exciting..

Though suprisingly the best match I've seen this season was Palermo 4-3 Inter.. It had everything, Palermo's counter-attacks were frighteningly good at times they ripped Inter to shreds.. It was a brilliant football match, worthy of being in any league..

The best part of that video is proving all the feckers wrong that say Italian football has no passion. It's 0-0, Inter V Juventus, Inters biggest rivals (even more than AC Milan) and Maicon scores a cracker in the 75th minute to win it. The reaction of the fans and the Inter players is immense.

FORZA ITALIA.

Two massive clubs playing each other, with a sea of empty seats? It took 75 long minutes for anyone to score a goal, and when it did come, it was a lucky goal. As good as Maicon is, 9 times out of 10 he would've hit Row Z with a half-chance as difficult as that, and it would have remained 0-0.

Italian football isn't passionate. Yeah, they have large groups of fans who are willing to stab each other and throw flairs in the name of facism, but that's got little to do with football.

Best two leagues in the world are Brazilian league and the Bundesliga, IMO. Entertaining football, full of players who are trying to impress to get in to their national side with different clubs challenging for the league every season.

[url=http://www.goal.com/en/match/63862/palermo-vs-inter-milan/report]http://www.goal.com/en/match/63862/palermo-vs-inter-milan/report

Palermo vs Inter

One of the best games I've seen all season, not negative at all. I could say that about the majority of Premier League games, just because they're hyped up to be amazing on Sky doesn't mean they are. You get what you see with Italian football and personally I prefer it that way.

And as for attendances, Milan had the eighth highest average attendance in Europe last season and Inter the eleventh.

[url=http://www.goal.com/en/match/63862/palermo-vs-inter-milan/report]http://www.goal.com/...er-milan/report

Palermo vs Inter

One of the best games I've seen all season, not negative at all. I could say that about the majority of Premier League games, just because they're hyped up to be amazing on Sky doesn't mean they are. You get what you see with Italian football and personally I prefer it that way.

And as for attendances, Milan had the eighth highest average attendance in Europe last season and Inter the eleventh.

Am I right in saying Napoli got 58,000 in Serie B also?

The fans stabbing eachother comment and the fascism thing is the sort of thing you'd read in the Daily Mail. Their fan culture is massively different to here (not saying it's better, just different) and politics plays a big part in a lot of the rivalries (both left and right). As for the hooliganism - no worse than here, despite what the media would have you think. Regarding the attendances, their fans are very quick to protest and organise boycotts which obviously impact on numbers, plus I don't think their grounds attract many people from outside the local areas (Juventus aside), whereas most of the top 10 in England's attendances are bumped up by loads of corporates and glory hunters.

I think the main criticism you could level at Italian football is that it's played at a slow tempo and there are some dodgy shenanigans that go on between the clubs and their FA and referees, but I don't think it's any less interesting than La Liga or the Bundesliga or the Prem.

Am I right in saying Napoli got 58,000 in Serie B also?

The fans stabbing eachother comment and the fascism thing is the sort of thing you'd read in the Daily Mail. Their fan culture is massively different to here (not saying it's better, just different) and politics plays a big part in a lot of the rivalries (both left and right). As for the hooliganism - no worse than here, despite what the media would have you think. Regarding the attendances, their fans are very quick to protest and organise boycotts which obviously impact on numbers, plus I don't think their grounds attract many people from outside the local areas (Juventus aside), whereas most of the top 10 in England's attendances are bumped up by loads of corporates and glory hunters.

I think the main criticism you could level at Italian football is that it's played at a slow tempo and there are some dodgy shenanigans that go on between the clubs and their FA and referees, but I don't think it's any less interesting than La Liga or the Bundesliga or the Prem.

Yeah, Napoli are extremely well supported.

I'd like to add to that as well by saying that, granted, there aren't as many away fans at Italian games, but if you look at the sheer distances that some teams in Serie A are apart, then you'd feel their pain, why would a Lecce fan, travel 640 odd miles to Milan, to see there team get thrashed? It's not the same as say Wigan (a team of similar standard to Lecce I'd imagine) travelling to Manchester is it?

Archived