Virgin or Sky???

NottsRam

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaving Sky is the hardest break up ever. They want to know why. They wont leave you alone, they'll ask you if there's anything they can do to change your mind. Tell them it's not them, it's you. You just can't afford that sort of commitment. Tell them you feel like you need to try other providers.

They'll offer to change and pay you more attention. You could accept.

But if you go through with it, you'll get letters through the post begging you to go back.

They offered me a good deal, so we're going to give it another try soon.

Some say it'll never last. But tbh it's not been the same since i left. I'm fed up at nights with nothing to do. I look around and see Virgins. But i'm pretty sure it's not for me. I'm ready to reach for the Sky again.

<3

suppose it would be hard to get a cable for your caranvan tho boycie not very mobile are they 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

i've been with both sky and virgin, i prefer sky telly but internet and price is better with virgin. the only downfall with virgin is half their call centre staff have scottish accents and i canny understand a word they say

suppose it would be hard to get a cable for your caranvan tho boycie not very mobile are they 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

i've been with both sky and virgin, i prefer sky telly but internet and price is better with virgin. the only downfall with virgin is half their call centre staff have scottish accents and i canny understand a word they say

arh ******!

Virgin is great value for money, if your area has cable 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> which i don't think alot of derbyshire has at the moment. whatever you do don't pick BT vision because its too complicated to use and it offers nothing apart from the freeview channels then everything else you've gotta pay extra for, which I think is more expensive than sky's channel packages but I could be wrong.

Virgin is great value for money, if your area has cable 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> which i don't think alot of derbyshire has at the moment. whatever you do don't pick BT vision because its too complicated to use and it offers nothing apart from the freeview channels then everything else you've gotta pay extra for, which I think is more expensive than sky's channel packages but I could be wrong.

Didn't realise Sky & Virgin were free for the extra channels. Also Vision's On Demand is far better than the others (well Sky's, haven't had much experience of cable), iPlayer is amazing on there. When we stayed at a relative's who had Sky the kids constantly complained about how rubbish the telly was. Typical kids I suppose - they were supposed to be on Holiday!

Not sure if Sky are so keen to hand out deals any more. I went from full Sky package and multiroom down to basic package and no multiroom, and when I rang up to ask for it (expecting them to offer to knock me a tenner off after 7 years with them) they just said OK - no haggle, no interest in keeping me paying them >£60 per month.

Sky vs Virgin is swings and roundabouts. Depends on what you want.

With Virgin you can get superfast broadband which isn't dependent on how far you're away from the telephone exchange. If Virgin claim to offer 50Mbs in your area then you will normally get close to 50Mbs service - with the factors affecting performance being the number of people in the area using the service. You don't have to put stupid filters on your telephone line and wonder whether the slow performance is due to your wiring, a broken ADSL filter or your distance from the telephone exchange.

As for the TV, you do get HD channels and have access to Sky Sports. The only drawbacks are that you can't get the 3D channels at present and even if you pay for all Sky Sports channels, you have to pay an extra £7 per month on top to get them in HD - unless you're on the VIP package.

Archived