Wayne Rooney receives 3 game ban

CumbrianRam

Wayne Rooney will miss all of England's group games at Euro 2012 after he was handed a three-match ban by Uefa for his sending-off against Montenegro.

The Manchester United striker was handed a straight red card by the referee Wolfgang Stark for kicking Miodrag Dzudovic in England 2-2 draw last Friday.

The FA said in advance that they would appeal against any ban that Rooney received.

Rooney had written to Uefa asking for leniency but to no avail.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/13/wayne-rooney-three-match-ban-uefa?CMP=twt_gu

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is no thug, he has a passion for the game that can sometimes be channeled in the wrong way, but this is what makes him the player he is.

Anyone who has played football before, will know that's it's a game where tempers can boil over very easily, arshavin for example did a similar thing in his qualifier, is he a thug too?

Makes you wonder why these players represent their country, the amount of abuse they have to take is unjustified, he has not attacked someone in the street, he has not done a Kung fu kick on someone in the crowd, he lost his temper.

I'm not condoning what he did, but are you telling me that if it was a derby player he would be labelled a thug too ?

He is no thug, he has a passion for the game that can sometimes be channeled in the wrong way, but this is what makes him the player he is.

Anyone who has played football before, will know that's it's a game where tempers can boil over very easily, arshavin for example did a similar thing in his qualifier, is he a thug too?

Makes you wonder why these players represent their country, the amount of abuse they have to take is unjustified, he has not attacked someone in the street, he has not done a Kung fu kick on someone in the crowd, he lost his temper.

I'm not condoning what he did, but are you telling me that if it was a derby player he would be labelled a thug too ?

I have always called our former left back McThug.

I agree with all of that but having said that I think the 3 game ban is the correct decision. I saw a 12 year old do exactly the same last Sunday, you just can't kick out. If the FA appeal this they are hippocrites as if he did it in a domestic match he would get a 3 game ban.

Some people really are pathetic.. Wayne Rooney a thug? Unbelievable. He's the best English footballer by a mile with true passion for the game. How can anyone say they think Welbeck is better than Rooney? If I was him I'd be glad I'm not playing for people like you lot. No doubt if he scores in the quarter final you'll all be going mental. Gggggggrrrrr rant over. For every negative there should be a positive.. At least this leaves room for callium ball in the England team.

Some people really are pathetic.. Wayne Rooney a thug? Unbelievable. He's the best English footballer by a mile with true passion for the game. How can anyone say they think Welbeck is better than Rooney? If I was him I'd be glad I'm not playing for people like you lot. No doubt if he scores in the quarter final you'll all be going mental. Gggggggrrrrr rant over. For every negative there should be a positive.. At least this leaves room for callium ball in the England team.

Course Rooney's better than Welbeck. But Rooney just doesn't turn it on for England. I'd rather have Welbeck.

nice to give players like danny welbeck, danny sturridge, carroll and bent a chance up top though

None of those would lay a glove on the top european defenders at the moment. They are not going to get much service with Parker and Barry in the team. Welbeck if he stays fit will though become a top player.

How? Has he turned it on for England more than Rooney?

Well he hasn't, because he hasn't played. I get why you think I said that, but re-read my post - I didn't.

Rooney's never really dominated a game when its mattered, he's never pulled the strings for England. Why not just throw caution to the wind and get Sturridge and Welbeck used to the international scene? Initially, they might not even do as well as Rooney but it's pretty clear this generation's going to do jack all.

I'd be far more worried if it was Walcott or Young out for 3 games, they're the players who can really make a difference if we can find some centre midfielders who can pass the f*cking ball to them.

Archived