They did well on their biggest game of the season

GeneralRam

Can't believe some of the posts I am reading. Yes we lost, and got dicked tbh. But we are 3rd! How can anyone complain? Leicester are a nothing club, with no history (Other then Muzzy Izzet, Steve Guppy, Robbie Savage, Heskey and a League Cup).

They are paying some players 40k per week when our average wage is 4k. They are a joke of a club, much like Man City.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres no 'unbeatable' teams in this league.

I honestly dont think players from oipposing teams think twice about the cost to assemble Leicester's team

We're in denial in my opinion.

We should just put it down to a 'bad day at the office' and get fired up the next time we trot out onto the pitch

We are 3rd at the table and we still have Barker and Tyson waiting to get fit. They will make the squad stronger. We got Hendrick and O'Brien playing a good season and they are still in their teens. Clough has shown what he can get out of players he has got. Academy is clearly producing talented players and we are financially in pretty good shape.

Then we go and lose one game away against the team that is one of the favourites to go up and we are back in a funk. Doesn't add up. At least for me.

I still think there is more to come from this group of players and hope that they remind themselves that they CAN play in the return fixture.

We did need a reality check having broken so many records unexpectedly in early season games. I just hope the confidence isn't shattered so our season takes a turn for the worse.

Leicester have given me too many bad days out as a rams fan (1994 wembly, 1997-98 Pride Park 2002 Pride Park stick in the throat) for me to wish them well. Don't have anything against them as a club/fans but I do loathe Sven and all that he represents in the game.

We are 3rd at the table and we still have Barker and Tyson waiting to get fit. They will make the squad stronger. We got Hendrick and O'Brien playing a good season and they are still in their teens. Clough has shown what he can get out of players he has got. Academy is clearly producing talented players and we are financially in pretty good shape.

Then we go and lose one game away against the team that is one of the favourites to go up and we are back in a funk. Doesn't add up. At least for me.

I agree and don't forget Bailey and Green and possibly Miles (although I have a nasty feeling about him).

We always play badly against Fester and we just have to move on and put it behind us- I think they will put 4 or more past a few more teams this season with their players, money etc. We didn't turn up but it was just one game- the players need to keep their heads up and go again. One crap performance doesn't make us a poor team but we need to be consistent- the game on Sat was like Coventry all over again, apart from the fact Fester are a much better team than Cov so took full advantage.

I'll gladly take this one on the chin if we go another 3-4 unbeaten. The nature of the way we play nowadays (high tempo, pressurising, attacking & countering with pace) means we will be leggy & unable to get on top of teams in certain games so we should expect this pattern of results to continue. I still think a top 10 finish is on the cards if everyone stays fit and I for one won't be complaining about that come May...

I agree and don't forget Bailey and Green and possibly Miles (although I have a nasty feeling about him).

We always play badly against Fester and we just have to move on and put it behind us- I think they will put 4 or more past a few more teams this season with their players, money etc. We didn't turn up but it was just one game- the players need to keep their heads up and go again. One crap performance doesn't make us a poor team but we need to be consistent- the game on Sat was like Coventry all over again, apart from the fact Fester are a much better team than Cov so took full advantage.

I too have a nasty feeling about Addison but think that mine is probably opposite to you. Jewell brought him into CM with Green in a side that was really poor. He was not as bulky them days either and was put in there for one reason to help the defence and be disruptive.

He then badly damaged his foot and under the previous physio (remember they sacked the head physio about 10months ago I believe who had been signed by Jewell) he was allowed to complete the wrong training and continued to bulk up to the point he was not able to run as fast and became less influential. Top of that we have signed players over the time he has been injured who in my opinion would be in front of him.

For example in defence when all fit

Barker, Shackell, Anderson, Riggott and with his current form over Addison's the last one in front of him would be O'Brien.

In centre midfield when all fit you have

Bailey, Hendrick, Bryson and Green.

Looking at this realistically he is anywhere from 4-6th choice CB and probably 5th Choice centre back.

His apparently only good game before injury for Barnsley was against Forest and some fans wanted him dropped before his injury kicked in.

I personally at this moment in time would not mind if the view is too sell him as long as the money was given directly to clough and we should get between £600k-£750k for him.

Things may have been different if it had not been for the long term injury. If he was to stay then his position has to be CB not midfield and let O'Brien and him develop a partnership as that is the long term future of the club and they are young enough to develop together and look at impacting on the team over the next 5yrs because if we are honest Barker and Shackell will and should form a great partnership in the heart of the defence

Archived