Group B: Inter Milan, CSKA Moscow, Lille, Trabzonspor

Group C: Manchester United, Benfica, Basel, Otelul Galati

Group D: Real Madrid, Lyon, Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb

Group E: Chelsea, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Genk

Group F: Arsenal, Marseille, Olympiakos, Borussia Dortmund

Group G: Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St Petersburg, APOEL

Group H: Barcelona, Milan, BATE Borisov, Viktoria Plzen

Buy your way out of that one Mancini! Lucky Man U ...again

Citeh should get through, Arsenal might struggle slightly but all the English teams should go through

Seeding makes the group stages a complete waste of time, you can predict at least one team in each group which is a guarantee to go through.

How are the German champions seeded in the bottom group?

None of it makes any sense to me, but it just favours the usual suspects.

Boring competition, shouldn't be called Champions League either if the top 4 clubs can make it through.

Also who the hell are Otelul Galati, APOEL, BATE Borisov and Viktoria Plzen, I'm prepared to look thick but I've never heard of them.

Boring competition, shouldn't be called Champions League either if the top 4 clubs can make it through.

Also who the hell are Otelul Galati, APOEL, BATE Borisov and Viktoria Plzen, I'm prepared to look thick but I've never heard of them.

Romanian, Cypriot, Belorussian and Czech teams I think.

Hadn't heard of Otelul before today though.

The seeds are done on past seasons events ie. Results in European competitions.. Out of last years 1/4 finalists 3 or 4 of them got dumped straight back into pot 3 or 4.. Schalke, Donetsk, Spurs etc.. either aren't competing or are seeded way down..

The rules are stupid.. No Italian, Spanish or English team can face eachother until the quarter-finals.. (teams from same country against same country).. Milan and Inter have to seperated and can't face eachother until the semi-final because of ground-share, the same will go for Man Utd-Citeh..

Champions of German/French leagues are automatically placed below the top 3 in Spain and England.. Lyon and Ajax have been drawn against Real Madrid for about 4 years running..

Whilst I do enjoy the competition, gone are the days when the likes of Leverkusen, Porto and Monaco can reach a final.. Schalke last year to win it would have had to go through Valencia, Inter, Man Utd and then Barca..

In contrast to Man Utd who had Marseille, Chelsea and then Schalke to reach the final.. And like wise Chelsea would have had Copenhagen, Man Utd then Schalke. It's designed so that an obvious final will be Real/Barca vs an English team.

Just one year though can we not have Man Utd, AC Milan, Ajax and Dortmund? Every bloody year they get off lightly.

Shame for the Scottish clubs in Europe last night. Every Scottish club knocked out of European competition before the end of August. Oh dear. That won't do their already incredibly weak co-efficient any good.

Still, great to see Shamrock Rovers make it through to the group stages!

City got a tough group.

Bayern, who everyone ignores until they make the quarters every year. Very capable of making it further.

Napoli have an array of quality attackers. Bet they struggle away though.

And a decent Spanish side with a very real goal threat

Bit disappointed Milan got barca. Like Milan. If they drop sloppy points as usual and then need summat out of barca..... Bananas

Just one year though can we not have Man Utd, AC Milan, Ajax and Dortmund? Every bloody year they get off lightly.

Shame for the Scottish clubs in Europe last night. Every Scottish club knocked out of European competition before the end of August. Oh dear. That won't do their already incredibly weak co-efficient any good.

Still, great to see Shamrock Rovers make it through to the group stages!

I can already see their run to the final..

They'll win the group, get CSKA Moscow in the second round a squeeze through 3-1 on aggregate..

Then they'll get a poor Lyon side in the quarter final to which they'll breeze through.. (Thinking it'll be their year)

Then they'll come up against a tough but hardly amazing Bayern side and squeeze through 2-1 on aggregatewho had already knocked out a revived AC Milan in the quarter final..

Before finally playing a powerhouse in Barca/Real in the final who have both alreadu knocked out Inter Milan/Porto/Man City and Valencia in the other rounds..

And they'll go into the final with real optimism saying it's their year.. And they'll get well and truelly dumped, again, by a scoreline that really flattened them and made it look a little close.. Like 2-0 or 3-1..

It'll be an Italian side in the final this year.

That's what i'm hoping anyway. Anything that gives the Premiership a good kick in the teeth. Well, more the pundits that say ridiculous things about the strength and excitment of it. They'd have you believe that the title race is close and that the difference between Blackburn Rovers and Watford is vast chasm.

Some of the silly things i heard surrounding the Udinese/Arsenal ties you'd think it was Man Utd v Gresley.

Hope Man City don't do well. I cringe when i see that 'Poznan' thingy. Leave it to Poznan you muppets.

Can't see any of the Italian sides anywhere near the final I'm afraid, they're simply not good enough now.

All dependent on the draw, but I suspect that it'll be the usual suspects - Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, and then Bayern and Dortmund joining them in the QFs.

Archived