Fixture List

ariotofmyown

Before the season started I was quite hopeful of us getting off to a good start. Always good to play relegated teams early on and avoid those who got promoted. As well as this we had the games against Watford and Donny, whilst who we rarely beat, they don't exactly send shivers down your spine. I thought we might be able to get a couple of wins in before meeting Burnley and we could maybe go into the break with a superb 9-10 points. After the start we've actually had, we can now go into Saturday's game with a degree of confidence.

We've done great so far, but our fixture list has certainly helped. Surely it must get harder in September? Not really. We should finally get something at Coventry for once, but as usual, anything could happen in the Forest game. With Barnsley and Millwall to follow at home, September has got the potential for us to take a decent haul of points.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm getting carried away, just that playing 2 relegated teams and 7 mid-table clubs in the first 9 games is a lovely start.

The next 5 matches could be critical to our season. Do well and we could be top of at the start of October. I wouldn't want to go into this sequence of matches after a few defeats:

Leicester away

Saints home

Reading away

Boro away

Portsmouth home

Cardiff home

Posh away

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before the season started I was quite hopeful of us getting off to a good start. Always good to play relegated teams early on and avoid those who got promoted. As well as this we had the games against Watford and Donny, whilst who we rarely beat, they don't exactly send shivers down your spine. I thought we might be able to get a couple of wins in before meeting Burnley and we could maybe go into the break with a superb 9-10 points. After the start we've actually had, we can now go into Saturday's game with a degree of confidence.

We've done great so far, but our fixture list has certainly helped. Surely it must get harder in September? Not really. We should finally get something at Coventry for once, but as usual, anything could happen in the Forest game. With Barnsley and Millwall to follow at home, September has got the potential for us to take a decent haul of points.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm getting carried away, just that playing 2 relegated teams and 7 mid-table clubs in the first 9 games is a lovely start.

The next 5 matches could be critical to our season. Do well and we could be top of at the start of October. I wouldn't want to go into this sequence of matches after a few defeats:

Leicester away

Saints home

Reading away

Boro away

Portsmouth home

Cardiff home

Posh away

In this league you take every game as it comes, every team is capable of beating every team which is what makes it one of the most exciting divisions in the world, I think we should just concentrate on the burnley game go into the two week break with a 100% record, get players back from injury, am I right in thinking Barker and Tyson could return after the break? and then set up for the next game as we did for the last.

In this league you take every game as it comes, every team is capable of beating every team which is what makes it one of the most exciting divisions in the world, I think we should just concentrate on the burnley game go into the two week break with a 100% record, get players back from injury, am I right in thinking Barker and Tyson could return after the break? and then set up for the next game as we did for the last.

agree 100%

Ludicrous to plan ahead and look at fixtures and start counting your points..

For every 3-0 win against Newcastle there is a 1-4 against Scunny.. For every 2-1 against Swansea there is a 1-3 against Donny..

It really doesn't matter who you play.. If you play to your ability you win, if you have a bad day at the office you lose.. If you have the luck you win, if you have bad luck you lose..

There isn't a single game that we can't win, nor is there a single game that we can't lose.

Whilst a run Leicester, Southampton, Reading and Boro look tricky it's no trickier than tha 4 we just played, nor is it easier.

One step at a time and we'll be fine.

Was just about to make a thread about this.

Rather than looking at the fixture list and wondering if we can beat the next opposition, the 4 out of 4 wins certainly gives off a more positive glow to the up and coming games. If we hadn't won a game, or only one, we'd have a much different vibe about the place.

Hopefully the team doesn't become over confident.

I feel we can challenge anybody in the league right now, at least come away from games with a point rather than leaving with zero after a 97th minute goal conceded from a lack of composure.

Burnley next, we can get a point at the very least.

• 1 month later...

3rd and joint top on points wasn't bad for the end of September. The harder games start now though. Fortunately, we are playing well and confidence is up-the Forest win was just so perfect in every way.

The next four fixture are tough though

Leicester away

Saints home

Reading away

Boro away

3 draws from these 4 matches would be good.

Just picking up on a few points, this is the first time I have seen a Derby side that has played as a team since Jim Smith (in recent memory). You look at the players on the park, how they pick each other up over missed chances, or silly errors. They know **** happens and you cannot be perfect 100% of the time, they know that decisions by officials are not always just and balanced, they know that some teams will waste time, dive, bully the ref, or foul off the ball.

From somewhere we have a team that works hard every match. Mistakes are made, however they seem to be left where they happened and not carried over to the next game.

I have looked long and hard for a game that replicates the A52 'encounter', ironically the US of A can provide some (there are others, I chose this as its the most painful to read - well I like to share!)

[url=http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/08/30/talking-tactics-how-win-10-men-ask-rsl]http://www.mlssoccer...-10-men-ask-rsl

So as I finally get to the point, I personally think looking at the fixture list is only needed to make sure you turn up at the right ground. Beyound that it matters not who plays who, however it does matter if the team/squad are lamenting on the previous performance. That is regardless of win lose or draw, if you listen back to Ian Holloway on the season Blackpool got promoted, he never worried about what had happened, and focused on what could happen.

Therefore even if the richest illegally funded club in the championship win on saturday, we are still in the top 6......who would be unhappy about that?

Ooops forgot Birmingham

Archived