Derby County v Doncaster Rovers

GboroRam

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the important stat is with haven't conceded a goal in 334 minutes!!! 3 clean sheets on the bounce is a massive improvement on last season!

Great performance today, crowd got behind the lads, Giles Barnes got some right stick and tried to hard and failed miserably.

Donny look totally lost without billy sharp and james hayter up front. No outlet at all and the defence was all over the place.

Cracking win, lets hope it can be emulated on Saturday and make it 5 in 5!!!

Come On You Rams:D

I think the important stat is with haven't conceded a goal in 334 minutes!!! 3 clean sheets on the bounce is a massive improvement on last season!

It's a great improvement that isn't it. Just goes to show that once you have a bit of confidence at the back it reverberates right through the team.

I am supposed to be abstaining after a heavy drinking all inclusive holiday. But I might crack open a bottle of red to celebrate. It has been 106 years of waiting. :rolleyes:

Anyone who says its only Doncaster, you can only neat what's in front of you.

Well done lads. :)

Cloughie needs to learn from last season when it fell away when we were 4th, and try and maintain this form.

We could do a QPR, great start and hold on. That 40/1 I got looks like a steal now. :)

RE the attendance, they announced it as 27,337. That's what the reporter for 'The People' next to me said, there were people saying it was our highest attendance of the season.

Think they'll have announced it wrong, if it is indeed wrong.

I am supposed to be abstaining after a heavy drinking all inclusive holiday. But I might crack open a bottle of red to celebrate. It has been 106 years of waiting. :rolleyes:

Anyone who says its only Doncaster, you can only neat what's in front of you.

Well done lads. :)

Cloughie needs to learn from last season when it fell away when we were 4th, and try and maintain this form.

We could do a QPR, great start and hold on. That 40/1 I got looks like a steal now. :)

Are you the ram in disguise:D

We was outplayed first half really without giving them any real chances. Just had the 1-0 and kept them at arms length. That second goal was crucial and it bouyed the lads and we kicked on and made the second half into our own. If only we could play first half as we have seconds! Great win, just keep our heads down and work for Burnley, no expectations.

Craig Bryson should have got man of the match today, in my opinion. No doubt that Ben Davies had a corking game too and his goal was a pearler, but Bryson was terrific. Never stopped running, covered the entire pitch and made some quality tackles and passes. We've signed a little gem there, and he's still only 6 or something. He's clearly having the time of his life out there too. Also how composed and ahead of their years are Hendrick and O'Brien looking?

Happy times. Feet very much on the ground but happy times - loving it. Well done lads.

Craig Bryson should have got man of the match today, in my opinion. No doubt that Ben Davies had a corking game too and his goal was a pearler, but Bryson was terrific. Never stopped running, covered the entire pitch and made some quality tackles and passes. We've signed a little gem there, and he's still only 6 or something. He's clearly having the time of his life out there too. Also how composed and ahead of their years are Hendrick and O'Brien looking?

Happy times. Feet very much on the ground but happy times - loving it. Well done lads.

Have to agree about Bryson. He was playing quite far forward today too. He never stops running and giving his all. I would have gave him or Bailey motm.

Great result we are looking very efficient and as I thought we would be very solid. I still think we lack attacking quality but you can only beat what's in front of you. Now lets get another win next week and keep it going. This is how I expected clough to get his side earlier in his rein but we are here now. COYR

Have to agree about Bryson. He was playing quite far forward today too. He never stops running and giving his all. I would have gave him or Bailey motm.

Personally thought Bailey was quite quiet tpday, did some nice passing and got a few tackles in but not MOTM worthy.

Ben Davies MOTM for me, Bryson had a great game but Davies impact on the game wins him the title imo.

obrien was outstanding

and shackell

and ben davies was very good

bryson tireless

just need another creative option...maybe a polish player

brilliant win, first half looked brilliant until ward came off then we went flat for me, donny had a lot of the ball but lacked any real penetration with it, they had a couple of chances from corners, won 3 headers in a row and should have got at least 1 on target. Barnes looked dangerous along with their number 24? was it, but defended well and again they lacked penetration.

Second half came out flying with the 2nd and with that it was game over, donny had less of the ball and were even worse with it 2nd half, ben davies scored a screamer and got a good assist as well, my man of the match for me was either ben davies, bryson or steve davies, all played well and ran around. Defensively we look as solid as a rock, really improved, our pressing is perfect, and although the players must be knackered it works well.

The key is to keep this up and when we do lose to see how the players react, couldn't ask much more from the lads today and the crowd seemed a lot better today as well, there is a good feel about the place now, not like there was for the most part of last season, clough got the tactics spot on, all i can say is don't change the back line when barker comes back and keep it up.

Archived