Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to debate it with you anymore. Your time in mexico has clearly affected your morals and values. Despite everyone on the board and every neutral pundit on on tv disagreeing with you, you plough the same lonely furrow.

The majority of the neutrals probably didn't want Man Utd to win.. Hence saying that..

Fergie is an honest chap these days, admitting Wigan were the better team and deserved to win etc.. He admitted Young went looking for it, but he said regardless that it was a foul and definate penalty and I agree with him..

It's OK if you don't want to debate it anymore..

One thing the game needs though is a helping hand for the refs.. I swear he gave that 'goal' to Chelsea because 20,000 fans behind that goal celebrated as if it went in.. 'Pressure'

The majority of the neutrals probably didn't want Man Utd to win.. Hence saying that..

Fergie is an honest chap these days, admitting Wigan were the better team and deserved to win etc.. He admitted Young went looking for it, but he said regardless that it was a foul and definate penalty and I agree with him..

It's OK if you don't want to debate it anymore..

One thing the game needs though is a helping hand for the refs.. I swear he gave that 'goal' to Chelsea because 20,000 fans behind that goal celebrated as if it went in.. 'Pressure'

hence the need for 'goal line technology'..

Bris - what's your view on, say, Rivaldo going down holding his face in the WC? Personally I find it unacceptable behaviour, because it's trying to trick the ref into believing the challenge is something it isn't. If the player tries to stay on his feet and doesn't get a free kick it's because the foul isn't serious enough to warrant one. Pretending you've been tripped when you haven't is just the same as Rivaldo trying to get a player sent off by exaggerating. Needs stamping out, not celebrating.

Bris - what's your view on, say, Rivaldo going down holding his face in the WC? Personally I find it unacceptable behaviour, because it's trying to trick the ref into believing the challenge is something it isn't. If the player tries to stay on his feet and doesn't get a free kick it's because the foul isn't serious enough to warrant one. Pretending you've been tripped when you haven't is just the same as Rivaldo trying to get a player sent off by exaggerating. Needs stamping out, not celebrating.

Seeing as it was an off the ball incident, and it didn't strike him in the face, it was disgraceful..

But IMO that's completely different to being fouled in the penalty area and emphasising that to the referee by going down.. There is no way Young could have taken advantage of that situation.. It's a foul anywhere on the pitch, and it was a foul in the penalty area IMO..

Once again, this won't be the last time this happens this season.. And expect some of it at the Euros.. England will be on the recieving end of a decision like this at the Euros I garauntee it.. Only Gerrard and Young are wise enough to do it, trying to be too honest has let us down badly in the past..

Archived