Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

Some of the decisions that go in favour of Utd at Old Trafford are just ridiculous..

The only way to make it fair is to use technology.. Having a human overrawed by the pressure of 70 thousand Utd fans, Sir Alex Ferguson who must be the most powerful, untouchable man in football and the likes of Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand who basically referee a game anyway it's obvious that Man Utd get 'the rub of the green' (by rub of the green I mean 90% of the decisions)

Managers don't even bother compaining anymore... I mean seriously, Jols teams have won at Old Trafford (a ball a meter over the line) and have had blatant penalties turned down.. Why bother complaining, it's becoming obvious..

At the beginning of the season you mayaswell just write Man Utd (A) off the calender and mark it down as 0 points.. The only way to win is have the game of your life + a strong referee.. Either of those fail and you just lose.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the decisions that go in favour of Utd at Old Trafford are just ridiculous..

The only way to make it fair is to use technology.. Having a human overrawed by the pressure of 70 thousand Utd fans, Sir Alex Ferguson who must be the most powerful, untouchable man in football and the likes of Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand who basically referee a game anyway it's obvious that Man Utd get 'the rub of the green' (by rub of the green I mean 90% of the decisions)

Managers don't even bother compaining anymore... I mean seriously, Jols teams have won at Old Trafford (a ball a meter over the line) and have had blatant penalties turned down.. Why bother complaining, it's becoming obvious..

At the beginning of the season you mayaswell just write Man Utd (A) off the calender and mark it down as 0 points.. The only way to win is have the game of your life + a strong referee.. Either of those fail and you just lose.

Totally agree, especially the way Ferdinand and Giggs and Co crowd round the referee and linesman whenever a contentious decision comes around. Disgraceful behaviour, in my opinion. I know every club do it, but they really are something else.

It was a stonewall penalty from what I could see. Why would Danny Murphy just go down when running into the box like that? Apparently, some Man Utd fans are doing the whole 'yin and yang' thing regarding this and the Newcastle penalty at OT earlier this season (rather ironically, one of the few times a decision has been given in those circumstances, and one where the ref got it dead wrong). Saying how 'what goes around comes around'. Yea, but Fulham potentially lost a point, shall we look for an occasion in which they got lucky, and say the same thing? If we keep doing that, every team will lose points, and the whole argument gets a bit silly.

Totally agree, especially the way Ferdinand and Giggs and Co crowd round the referee and linesman whenever a contentious decision comes around. Disgraceful behaviour, in my opinion. I know every club do it, but they really are something else.

It was a stonewall penalty from what I could see. Why would Danny Murphy just go down when running into the box like that? Apparently, some Man Utd fans are doing the whole 'yin and yang' thing regarding this and the Newcastle penalty at OT earlier this season (rather ironically, one of the few times a decision has been given in those circumstances, and one where the ref got it dead wrong). Saying how 'what goes around comes around'. Yea, but Fulham potentially lost a point, shall we look for an occasion in which they got lucky, and say the same thing? If we keep doing that, every team will lose points, and the whole argument gets a bit silly.

Surely Chelsea are the champions of this? Terry, Drogba and whoever else is nearby pile in at every opportunity when they get a decision against them.

United lost two points against Newcastle, didn't they? Surely that's just as bad as Fulham losing one? For what it's worth when I first saw it, I thought it was a good tackle. Even though the referee was in front of it, the legs were in the way of the ball, so it would have been irresponsible to give the penalty.

I love Man United, and if you hate them, fair enough - but it's not their fault they get the big decisions.

Surely Chelsea are the champions of this? Terry, Drogba and whoever else is nearby pile in at every opportunity when they get a decision against them.

United lost two points against Newcastle, didn't they? Surely that's just as bad as Fulham losing one? For what it's worth when I first saw it, I thought it was a good tackle. Even though the referee was in front of it, the legs were in the way of the ball, so it would have been irresponsible to give the penalty.

I love Man United, and if you hate them, fair enough - but it's not their fault they get the big decisions.

WTF?????????????

Archived