Signing of the season Prem/Champ so far?

ForzaRams

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shay Given for Aston Villa superb again - I think Villa will quietly go about their business and be dark horses for a 7th or 8th place finish.

Kevin Nolan - How the heck did Sam convince him? :eek:

was it 80 grand a week and a 5 year contract? I guess Sam didn't need to say much else, I agree with Given though but any idiot who knows anything about football wouldn't of forgotten that he is one of the best keepers in England, top keeper.

Early days but Shackell has been outstanding since signing, knew he was good but with him there we just look massively solid and he has the ability to pick the ball up and play with it, when Barker gets back and them 2 can form a partnership then I'm sure we'll look very strong at the back but I wouldn't be quick to shove O'Brien out of position, at least we can know get Barker fully fit before we have to play him.

Kevin Nolan - West Ham.

Wes Brown - Sunderland.

Frank Fielding - Derby.

Charles N'Zogbia - Wigan Athletic

Calvin Zola - Burton.

Those would be my top five signings off the top of my head. Nolan is a hell of a signing as everyone knows. Will take them up this season.

Wes Brown was obviously covered as such on MOTD last night but I thought this before he went. Fantastic signing for them, as well as John O'Shea.

Fielding is a brilliant keeper and will probably end up at Bolton in two years. (Jaaskalinen has got a limited time span now and Fielding will no doubt be on the move within two years unless we go up).

N'Zogbia went quite cheaply I think, considering how hes basically kept Wigan up for two seasons. I expect him to do very well once Villa get going.

I realise Zola is a buy in League Two but he's a hell of a striker when happy in League Two, they'll do very well with him there. Very good replacement for Harrad.

Oh! Two more. Two similiar players infact.

Gomis at Birmingham and Re-Coker at Bolton. Both very good defensive midfielders who hold something of a threat going forward, great signings for both of them, especially Reo-Coker. Got a little lost at Villa, hope he goes on to show what talent he had at West Ham, cracking player.

Gomis looks interesting, looked decent against us and had a good game against Coventry apparently, wouldn't be suprised to see other teams sniffing around him come January.

Oh! Two more. Two similiar players infact.

Gomis at Birmingham and Re-Coker at Bolton. Both very good defensive midfielders who hold something of a threat going forward, great signings for both of them, especially Reo-Coker. Got a little lost at Villa, hope he goes on to show what talent he had at West Ham, cracking player.

Gomis looks interesting, looked decent against us and had a good game against Coventry apparently, wouldn't be suprised to see other teams sniffing around him come January.

going well until these two, Gomis looked piss poor against us IMO it's going to take more than a few highlights to make me think otherwise and Reo-Coker sort of potters about, Pratley is much better IMO.

from what I've seen so far, in the championship obviously Chopra, scores goals and will continue to do so, Will Buckley tore us apart for Watford last season, surprised to see him go for a million to Brighton but he is showing he can be worth that, Shackell has since signed and picked up 2 MOTM awards for my money, although Fielding pushed him for it today.. Andy Ried looks good for Forest, hate to say it but he has put in some great balls from what I've seen, erm and Nugent looks a handfull for Leicester both weeks he is doing what he did for Preston in his time at this level, could turn out to be a good signing, and Lonergan for leeds made an outstanding save today, apart from that I have nothing to say.

Won't comment on the premiership but Downing, Given, Brown, Eagles and Larsson all caught my eye today watching MOTD

I think it's far too early to comment on other teams players, or best signing though.

I think it's plain to see Fielding and Shackell are going to make big impacts in our team this season, also a lot expected of Tyson more from the coaching staff and manager than fans though.

going well until these two, Gomis looked piss poor against us IMO it's going to take more than a few highlights to make me think otherwise and Reo-Coker sort of potters about, Pratley is much better IMO.

from what I've seen so far, in the championship obviously Chopra, scores goals and will continue to do so, Will Buckley tore us apart for Watford last season, surprised to see him go for a million to Brighton but he is showing he can be worth that, Shackell has since signed and picked up 2 MOTM awards for my money, although Fielding pushed him for it today.. Andy Ried looks good for Forest, hate to say it but he has put in some great balls from what I've seen, erm and Nugent looks a handfull for Leicester both weeks he is doing what he did for Preston in his time at this level, could turn out to be a good signing, and Lonergan for leeds made an outstanding save today, apart from that I have nothing to say.

Won't comment on the premiership but Downing, Given, Brown, Eagles and Larsson all caught my eye today watching MOTD

I think it's far too early to comment on other teams players, or best signing though.

I think it's plain to see Fielding and Shackell are going to make big impacts in our team this season, also a lot expected of Tyson more from the coaching staff and manager than fans though.

I thought he looked alright against us, Gomis that is. Seemed to be one of the only players controlling the game for them until we got the beating of them second half.

Reo-Coker is alot more useful than meets the eye, aside from a top four team he's someone that every other manager should have looked at really. Defensively he's a great asset.

I'm still struggling to accept Kevin Nolan has gone to West Ham

Who would rather live down there? After being one of the best players for the last 2 years for a team that gets, what, 50,000 fans at home? finished top of the Championship and then enjoyed a brilliant season in the PL. Finishing well, never in a relegation battle and beats local rival 5-0 was it?

To play for West Ham?

Surely it's a different Kevin Nolan?

Shay Given will probably be the best value for money this season wont he?

He's actually a good 'keeper though, must just be finding it difficult to live up to Van Der Sar and it doesn't help when you don't speak English. He will come good in time.:)

He conceded the most amount of goals from outside the box in la liga last season #justsaying

Early days but Shackell has been outstanding since signing, knew he was good but with him there we just look massively solid and he has the ability to pick the ball up and play with it, when Barker gets back and them 2 can form a partnership then I'm sure we'll look very strong at the back but I wouldn't be quick to shove O'Brien out of position, at least we can know get Barker fully fit before we have to play him.

Very much agree with this analysis of Shackell - outstanding against Watford. Brayford and O'Brien both looked Steady, however Kilbane unfortunately seems to be the weak spot. Noticed Shackell covering an awful lot for him on Saturday.

Archived