not sure i follow all this.....

they've signed

Fielding, Robinson, Ward....... thats £1m

Shackell.......another £1-£1.5m

Bryson, Maguire and Legzdins....another £1m

Riggott is likely

Tyson..... Nigels no1 target

and so far only Pringle has gone out.

I agree we need more but I think they've done pretty well for one window.

they've signed

Riggott is likely

Addison on loan

Varney

in truth it doesnt matter what we say here, its obvious that pre season has shown our 'hand', and its not stong....(saywhat you like about pre-season and it not being important,but tell me that NC wouldn't have wanted to win ,lets say todays game at least, and i would say your wrong. how many times have we heard about instilling a winning mentality)

Goalscorer,or creative midfielder,defensive midfielder or any cover at certain positions like left full back, or the creative/defensive midfielder should the one we 'may' get be injured are not apparent.... yet.....

So,at the moment, i am preparing myself for yet another season of angst....

As for the season ticket moneyback promise.........

I think many will be tempted !

So far im still underwhelmed, say what you wish, its how i feel right now, and i sincerely PRAY im wrong....

Loans may change that in August depending on who, but, and its a big but, i'm still not convinced that NC can attract quality from clubs prepared to loan out promising players........

The next few weeks will tell all..........

I am desperate to be proved wrong..... Nigel/ GSE please, dont put me/us though another relegation battle nightmare, i'm 60, have supported DCFC since 1965, and i need something to make me want to spend my cash, other than my hopes and my prayers.

they've signed

Riggott is likely

fiedling robinson ward were 900k, shackell was 900k as far as i can remember, bryson was 450 was he? maguire 300k and legzdins i am not sure, and tyson was 0. varney out addison out, was the hulse money ever reinvested?

Yes, but theres goodwillie up for 2 mil now, and is highly rated, why not take a punt?

Id be happy with waghorn tho...

also, when wolves went up, they got ebanks blake on a free and he scored the 25 goals that got wolves up, a huge amount of money is not always needed.

ebanks blake wasnt a free.....he was £1.5m

It's because they completely underestimated the amounts of money that were going to be needed.....

woah ....at the start of this window I said we needed to spend @£7m and everyone was going on that £2-£3m was enough.

Steve Davies being a regular up front next season worries me, a striker with no pace or strength, cant hold the ball up and his finishing has been dire at times. His ability on the ball is decent but not good enough to make up for his lack of a physical presence. He offers very little.

Addison on loan

Varney

...ok...varney...I almost forgot we ever had him...

I should imagine the Addison loan was a pre-condition to signing Shackell.

fiedling robinson ward were 900k, shackell was 900k as far as i can remember, bryson was 450 was he? maguire 300k and legzdins i am not sure, and tyson was 0. varney out addison out, was the hulse money ever reinvested?

the figure i saw for maguire was £475k.

I hate hearing about balance sheets.

There's like this scary story out in the football league now that any club spending a lot of money is in danger of going out of business.

£3-4m on Billy Sharp. Would it ruin us? What COULD it be worth to us.

Le Fondre is said not to be interested isn't he? I saw that on here from a reliable poster i think.

But if i've got that wrong..... he'd be another option. He's playing in a division he's too good for. He'd be a safer gamble than a couple of the strikers we're currently gambling on. Sure, ours might turn out to score 20 this season. And Le Fondre might be rubbish at this level. But that's the gamble Chelsea took signing Drogba. Adapting to a new club is always a gamble. Football is a gambling game. We all know that.

But the signs from Le Fondre and Sharp look good.

I dunno, i just get fed up of football being played on balance sheets. I'm sure it never used to be like this. If we're so confident we're headed for the PL then why can't we afford Billy Sharp? Isn't promotion worth a bit more than £4m?

I hate hearing about balance sheets.

I dunno, i just get fed up of football being played on balance sheets. I'm sure it never used to be like this. If we're so confident we're headed for the PL then why can't we afford Billy Sharp? Isn't promotion worth a bit more than £4m?

Unfortunately Billy Sharp on his own won't be enough to turn this into a promotion team.

Unfortunately Billy Sharp on his own won't be enough to turn this into a promotion team.

Do you think we're that far away?

We played some good stuff amongst the bad last year. It'd be nice to think we have the most the pieces to the puzzle. Just some final touches and we can get to work on the bits that made us good last year and work on eradicating the bad.

conceeding less late goals alone would see a big improvement alone!!

Add Billy Sharp......

Just my original question, do you think we're that far away? taking into account the performances v Watford,Norwich, Reading, Pompey, Palace, QPR, Leeds, Hull, Ipswich (i know we lost some of them but we played well and perhaps deserved more) aswell at the shockers v Sheff Utd, Bristol C etc

they've signed

Riggott is likely

RamNut. Try this thread if you’re interested.

http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6720&highlight=the+budget

To summarise: dcfcdavecov and then ramblur point out that there’s been somewhere between ‘very little’ and ‘no’ new investment this summer. That many believe we’ve been provided with millions in extra new investment this summer but what we are actually spending is just the existing budget. Of course, there’s more freedom to bring in new players this summer with the same budget because of sales, the retirement of dead wood, saved wages etc. No one in this thread seriously disagrees with dave and ramblur.

/of course, living within a budget is not necessarily a bad thing, but it’s unlikely to lead to a squad that can seriously compete for promotion.

/btw, dave narrowly escapes having his penis nailed to the ceiling but otherwise it’s a very dull read :D

Archived