Which manager do you want?

Toadbelly

I guess we don't have the Poll tool anymore, but we can still do a manual count.

If you could pick any of these currently available managers to start tomorrow, who would you go for...and why;

1. Nigel Clough

2. Billy Davies

3. George Burley

4. David Jones

5. Alan Curbishley

6. Iain Dowie

7. Paul Ince

8. Roy Keane

9. Brian Laws

10. Gordon Strachan

Keep it short.

Me: Nigel Clough - stability, ability, willingness to get stuck in and do the best he can with limited resources without whining about it, honour.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess we don't have the Poll tool anymore, but we can still do a manual count.

If you could pick any of these currently available managers to start tomorrow, who would you go for...and why;

1. Nigel Clough

2. Billy Davies

3. George Burley

4. David Jones

5. Alan Curbishley

6. Iain Dowie

7. Paul Ince

8. Roy Keane

9. Brian Laws

10. Gordon Strachan

Keep it short.

Me: Nigel Clough - stability, ability, willingness to get stuck in and do the best he can with limited resources without whining about it, honour.

Technically Nigel Clough is the worst manager (or the most unproven) out of the lot.. The only one yet to have a stint in the PL manager.

Technically Nigel Clough is the worst manager (or the most unproven) out of the lot.. The only one yet to have a stint in the PL manager.

Well, arguably he could be described as such. Technically he could be described as the least experienced

Technically speaking he has never been relegated or sacked from a job like some on that list. You could argue either point for sure

I think this is getting a bit silly the season hasn't kicked off yet and we've got two threads about the manager not being good enough as for the list :-

Nigel Clough Has done a reasonable job given what he has to work with.

Billy Davies Good Manager but complete gobshite.

George Burley Good manager can,t keep his flies buttoned up.

David Jones Decent manager but needs mega money.

Alan Curbishley Excellant manager but would he come here?

Ian Dowie Absolutley bleeding useless.

Paul Ince Big headed and absolutley bleeding useless.

Roy Keane Nasty ******* and absolutey bleeding useless.

Brian Laws Just plain crap

Gorden Strachen Needs loads of money to waste on crap players.

So lets give our Nig a chance this season before we talk about getting rid

So, which would you go for and why?

George Burley..

Easily done the most out of the lot, showing he's more than capable.. But the thing that does it for he is he's the only one out of the lot that will attempt to play football on the ground and use the foreign market plus the youth no matter what situation..

Whether were 1st, 10th, 16th or 24th, he'll get us playing football and we'd once again go to away grounds and actually attempt to win (by a fair few goals too)..

Regardless of position or results, with George Burley you'd know that you'd turn up at Pride Park and be entertained.. Rather than the absoloutle bore fest Billy and Nigel have served up (playing for a 0-0 at home to Barnsley springs to mind)

Regardless of position or results, with George Burley you'd know that you'd turn up at Pride Park and be entertained.. Rather than the absoloutle bore fest Billy and Nigel have served up (playing for a 0-0 at home to Barnsley springs to mind)

I don't care too much for entertainment, I'd rather see us draw 0-0 with Barnsley than lose 5-4.

I don't care too much for entertainment, I'd rather see us draw 0-0 with Barnsley than lose 5-4.

Obviously you'd rather pick up a point than none Edin,

However I'd rather see us finish 20th and be really entertained like we did under George Burley than finish 14th playing possibly the worst football I've ever seen from a DCFC side like we did under Nigel Clough.

At least George Burleys football had vision and only took a few more players on the same wavelength to turn us into a real force..

Nigel Clough on other hand doesn't seem to have any sort of vision with his constant chopping and changing.. Under him we've played 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1 and now 4-1-2-3.. What next 5-5-0

curbishley for me then followed maybe by strachen as he did well with celtic and southampton. Burley is a bit past it i think now but i like the guy and after what he did with us would be tempted to see if we could rekindle the old spark.

curbishley for me then followed maybe by strachen as he did well with celtic and southampton. Burley is a bit past it i think now but i like the guy and after what he did with us would be tempted to see if we could rekindle the old spark.

WHHATTTTTT, no Nigel?

If Burley is past it, how Mr. Not without a job since 2008 isn't?

Archived