Has there been no money....

davenportram

I thought Davenport covered his reply rather well, didn't he? Or are you two part of a double act now then? :D

One focuses down the GSE campaign with a scrupulous amount of cynicism, and the other insults Tyson and posts pictures of half naked women.

I have to say, i'm a fan of the last part of that system. Speaking of which, aren't we due a new pic? You've been slacking in your uploads, old chap.

:D

Nah, it's the revolving loan that interest me. Not the bit Davenport covered.

As i think you're trying to be a WUM with your suggestions of me being part of a double act, have a picture.

http://images.tvrage.com/people_galleries/27/80074/57701

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One focuses down the GSE campaign with a scrupulous amount of cynicism, and the other insults Tyson and posts pictures of half naked women.

I have to say, i'm a fan of the last part of that system. Speaking of which, aren't we due a new pic? You've been slacking in your uploads, old chap.

That makes me sound like Robin.

:D

Nah, it's the revolving loan that interest me. Not the bit Davenport covered.

As i think you're trying to be a WUM with your suggestions of me being part of a double act, have a picture.

http://images.tvrage.com/people_galleries/27/80074/57701

Much obliged. Just had a moment with that image before replying there.......

Ah, I see, I presumed you meant our bids for him, but I get ya.

And me? A WUM? How very dare you sir, twas but a passing comment ;)

I thought Davenport covered his reply rather well, didn't he? Or are you two part of a double act now then? :D

...and it addressed the credibility of a £750k bid how exactly? Speaking of diligence,it appears that several do little but 'focus up' the GSE campaign,as you put it.Davenport seems fairly good at unearthing material that might shed the owners in a good light.I wonder if he ever comes across stuff that might do the opposite,and would he post it up if he did?

...and it addressed the credibility of a £750k bid how exactly? Speaking of diligence,it appears that several do little but 'focus up' the GSE campaign,as you put it.Davenport seems fairly good at unearthing material that might shed the owners in a good light.I wonder if he ever comes across stuff that might do the opposite,and would he post it up if he did?

You are the cynic, he is the believer.

You are the yin to his yang, you're basically both sides of the argument who are fairly accurate with what you both say. Would you post up things that show GSE in a very good light? Or would you mention those things while also bringing up your cynical view of it all?

That's what i've come to think anyway. Not that my opinion matters one jot, but you two seem like the other ends of the spectrum. It's interesting to watch you two present facts, how they might be interpreted by one side of the argument etc.

didn't try to address the credibility of the bid, i just posted an article about us.

As for unearthing things that may shed the owners in a good light then Google news alerts do all the searching for me, i get emails whenever a news story appears on Derby County. I'm sure with your love of google you have found that you can do this too. And actually the stories that come up are about potential targets and random things written about ex players and old targets.

Unless GSE have infiltrated google and are blocking negative news results appearing then all I can say is there havn't been any newsworthy stories being reported painting our owners in a poor light except the one posted last summer regarding the dodgy investor.

didn't try to address the credibility of the bid, i just posted an article about us.

As for unearthing things that may shed the owners in a good light then Google news alerts do all the searching for me, i get emails whenever a news story appears on Derby County. I'm sure with your love of google you have found that you can do this too. And actually the stories that come up are about potential targets and random things written about ex players and old targets.

Unless GSE have infiltrated google and are blocking negative news results appearing then all I can say is there havn't been any newsworthy stories being reported painting our owners in a poor light except the one posted last summer regarding the dodgy investor.

You did present it as a fact:- "we bid £750k etc",as opposed to "it's alleged we bid £750k etc".

Just for my own interest,are you saying that you've not come across anything which appears to connect to Derby County (and which posters might find interesting) and not posted it up?

You did present it as a fact:- "we bid £750k etc",as opposed to "it's alleged we bid £750k etc".

Just for my own interest,are you saying that you've not come across anything which appears to connect to Derby County (and which posters might find interesting) and not posted it up?

I used the words "we bid £750k" because that's what the article said "he was set to join in a £750k deal...." and I was giving a summary of what the article said.

Specifically about our owners no - I haven't seen a story about them in an alert.

Other stuff, if its already being discussed about i don't post it, if it seems interesting I will. Like the Doyle interviews I posted at the end of last season.

This story seemed interesting because it gave a figure and that we made two approaches for Bujis that had been accepted by his club

You are the cynic, he is the believer.

You are the yin to his yang, you're basically both sides of the argument who are fairly accurate with what you both say. Would you post up things that show GSE in a very good light? Or would you mention those things while also bringing up your cynical view of it all?

That's what i've come to think anyway. Not that my opinion matters one jot, but you two seem like the other ends of the spectrum. It's interesting to watch you two present facts, how they might be interpreted by one side of the argument etc.

When I broke the Martinovich story,I did point out that the capital calls were positive.I also said that the last accounts reflected well on the owners,in respect of capital introduced.On more than one occasion,I've pointed out to those who claimed GSE were taking out £1.5m (or more) a year from the club that this can't be proven in the accounts.I've also described as "grossly unfair" suggestions that our owners were in some way to use the club to finance a US franchise bid.

I do.however,reserve the right to speak out on issues that concern me and on other things that appear to have credibility problems.

When I broke the Martinovich story,I did point out that the capital calls were positive.I also said that the last accounts reflected well on the owners,in respect of capital introduced.On more than one occasion,I've pointed out to those who claimed GSE were taking out £1.5m (or more) a year from the club that this can't be proven in the accounts.I've also described as "grossly unfair" suggestions that our owners were in some way to use the club to finance a US franchise bid.

I do.however,reserve the right to speak out on issues that concern me and on other things that appear to have credibility problems.

True, it's just more often than not you seem to be on the 'against' side of the fence, wheras Davenport seems to be the opposite.

Not saying that you're a doom monger and he's a blind faither, not at all, just that it appears to me like you're both a reasonable and accurate side of the same coin when it comes to views on the owners.

And i'm not suggesting you shouldn't! Was just my observation is all, not meant as an insult.

I used the words "we bid £750k" because that's what the article said "he was set to join in a £750k deal...." and I was giving a summary of what the article said.

Specifically about our owners no - I haven't seen a story about them in an alert.

Other stuff, if its already being discussed about i don't post it, if it seems interesting I will. Like the Doyle interviews I posted at the end of last season.

This story seemed interesting because it gave a figure and that we made two approaches for Bujis that had been accepted by his club

Interesting reply-how about things of interest that might impinge on our owners,without being specifically about them?

I don't use Google alerts,but I'll start from now on.Who knows what they might throw up?

Interesting reply-how about things of interest that might impinge on our owners,without being specifically about them?

I don't use Google alerts,but I'll start from now on.Who knows what they might throw up?

If your safe search is off, then probably more than you bargain for......

That was covered by the other half of my reply, about other stuff.

The alert I use is just Derby County, so get stuff with Derby, County or both in thd text or title.

Please keep up, we've been over it a hundred times.

Keep up with what? You said we never signed our main target/only target was not signed, yet we bought players so how can we not have signed anyone? Or were just building to a rant at clough about something that you really don't have a clue about, like who our targets were a year ago and who our main target was and who back up targets are!!

Here seems as good a place as any for this little nugget - taken from the BBC;

1240: FOOTBALL - The Globe and Mail reports Vancouver Whitecaps co-owner Jeff Mallett says the club is interested in signing former Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves.

:rolleyes:

Archived