Playing old games

Hucknall Ram

Can anyone help?

While clearing out the attic, I found some old PC games like Championship manager 2, I got windows 7, I installed it but it wont run because windows 7 is a 64 bit system and the old games are 32 bit and won't run on 64 bit systems. Does anyone know how to get it to work?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone help?

While clearing out the attic, I found some old PC games like Championship manager 2, I got windows 7, I installed it but it wont run because windows 7 is a 64 bit system and the old games are 32 bit and won't run on 64 bit systems. Does anyone know how to get it to work?

I think there is a compatibility mode like Vista and XP had.

Right click on the .exe file and if there is a compatibility mode try running it in the mode for older Operating systems.

I had to do that for older games when I moved to XP. Also try googling for an answer.

I answered Pete on facebook but had to login to talk to you Alpha! lol.

What system are you using? I am still able to run Rome on my laptop, and its using Windows 7 at the moment. No issue with it at all. Runs brilliantly online.

Could be a fault with the game, haven't known Rome to not work on any new system so far, though if you're on a Mac i'm clueless as to why not, never had one.

I answered Pete on facebook but had to login to talk to you Alpha! lol.

What system are you using? I am still able to run Rome on my laptop, and its using Windows 7 at the moment. No issue with it at all. Runs brilliantly online.

Could be a fault with the game, haven't known Rome to not work on any new system so far, though if you're on a Mac i'm clueless as to why not, never had one.

Hi mate!

Windows 7!

It's even the later version of Rome if that makes any difference? 1.6 or whatever.

Must be the game? :mad:

Ah, I see......hmm........

Try uninstalling the game and removing the patches completely, the patches and any mods attatched to it could be screwing it up. I played a quick online game last night to check it and it was working fine.

Upload the game and before patching it try and play a quick skirmish game, it should be working. If not, google is your friend! If google fails, the CD is being a ******* and just get Rome plus the two expansion packs for £5 like I did :p

Best deal ever.

It's a real time strategy game, it's part of the 'Total War' series.

Basically, they re-create units and empires from across the ages as accurately as they can and you fight in large scale battles using actual tactics from that time.

It sounds boring, but it's alot of fun. (You'll have to trust me on that lol). There's a fair few videos on YouTube, one guy in particular puts up videos every week. Hard game, but fun.

I'll be honest, it doesn't look like a very good game, not working on your pc is a blessing in disguise.

It was released around 10 years ago now so it's getting on Graphics wise, but that was never its thing anyway.

Its still got a large player base, they've done Medievial 2, Empire, Napoleon and more recently Shogun 2 Total War since then yet there are still alot of players sticking with it online. They're very tactical more than action based, not the best game to show you but it was just the first one I came across before I went out.

Might not be your thing Daveo, but it's a quality game. YouTube Napoleon Total War, that will atleast have some guns in it for you! :D

I have noticed my twitter feed has improved recently, I presumed you was off drawing up a plan for world domination.

Something like that, the website that seems to have dragged on for eternity has been ready for a long time, but the Princes Trust seem to have worse time keeping than me and kept pushing the funding meeting backwards.

But yes, i'll be there at the start of the season, so that's good. And world domination has become 'Three years graft then flee to New Zealand'.

Oh, and that chap is going to message you about the software. The things I do for this forum when i'm not even participating, I deserve a medal you know. Or a hat.

Alex it works without the Europa Barbarorum mod. :(

Guess i'll have to go all vanilla.

Better than nothing though.

Cheers.

:)

No worries, it might be a case of just re-downloading the Europa Barborum mod and installing it again.

Anyway, Vanilla is alright, plus not many are using that mod online, get yersen on there! I was being touted as PoM in the lobby once, felt right proud of myself haha :D

I'm nowhere near as good, but it's nice to see a few ********* in clans refuse to fight because they don't want to lose lol. Should add me on facebook! I'll have a few games online with you sometime if you've got a few hours free.

Archived