Has Clough got it right with new signings

Curtains

Roberts has 5 seasons at this level, he had two with Tranmere Rovers at the turn of the millenium.

Tyson has 4.

Roberts first year after signing from being on loan saw them finish bottom. Being on loan for 13 games doesn't count as a season.

You're right about Tyson. 32 appearences for Reading 10 years ago....scoring once.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait until we see how he does for us!!!

Come on Cov, you're better than that.

Everyone says wait and see.

What's going to happen....is he going to turn into a goal scoring machine?

He's reached double figure twice. 11 and 22 in League 2. Dickinson can do that.

Starting line-up

========Fielding========

Brayford Leacock Shackell Roberts

======Bailey Bryson=======

===Cywka Maguire Ward===

========Tyson========

Appearences at this level:

Fielding 16

Brayford 46

Bailey 36 (82 in the whole of his career)

Cywka 36 (40 in the whole of his career)

Bryson 0

Maguire 0

Ward 76

Tyson 2 seasons at this level.

Roberts 3 seasons at this level

The front 5 (not including Tyson) have a total of about 200 appearences at this level. Only Shackell and Tyson have played more than 76 games at this level out of the 8 signed. I'd consider Tyson a failure at this level aswell. The other experienced player, Leacock, probably won't even be here.

You get what you pay. In our case, not alot.

Sadly that team does look dreadfull.

We've got nearly a month till the start of the season, not worth worrying until then about something out of your hands until we at least see how he performs in our team.

You need to wind yer neck in lad!

Why? I ain't winding nathin in. I get the feeling if we signed ******* Adebola everyone would be happy. All because he played in a playoff team.......well so did Jeff ******* Kenna.

Give Adebola 15 games. That's what i say. 63 games, 6 goals for a play off team in two seasons. Better goal ratio, played as many matches.

He was also playing on the wing, then got moved by W7$$er to centre forward. People thought he was deluded.

Let's face it - we have no idea how it will turn out with Tyson. All we know is he is quick and strong. Goal scoring is as much about confidence as ability and the way he starts the season will be key.

If reaching the play offs is classed as being a failure I guess we may aswell give up on this season already.

For Derby its a success, mainly because we havent invested in the right players IMO, and therefore anything above mid table is a successfull season.

But we were not talking about Derby, we were talking about the Red Dogs, and given the amount of money invested into the team, it was deemed as a failure, hence why they sacked the manager.

For Derby its a success, mainly because we havent invested in the right players IMO, and therefore anything above mid table is a successfull season.

But we were not talking about Derby, we were talking about the Red Dogs, and given the amount of money invested into the team, it was deemed as a failure, hence why they sacked the manager.

Exactly, it wasn't the Nathan Tyson show was it. Adebola made a bigger contribution. He was in a good team, beating other teams regularly for 2 seasons. You'd have thought he would have scored more than 4 in two seasons in a team like that? Bet the CB's scored more.

Exactly, it wasn't the Nathan Tyson show was it. Adebola made a bigger contribution. He was in a good team, beating other teams regularly for 2 seasons. You'd have thought he would have scored more than 4 in two seasons in a team like that? Bet the CB's scored more.

You don't half talk some rubbish. Seriously.

Wait until we see how he does for us!!!

Come on Cov, you're better than that.

What's wrong with discussing what we think will happen, now?

Can't we talk about the players we've signed until they've played 600 games for us?

Even when October comes round and we've scored 4 goals in 10 games, you'll still be saying give em till christmas, then at xmas it's give them a full season.

It's only a discussion ffs, he's not claiming to be Nostradamus.

You don't half talk some rubbish. Seriously.

And how is that rubbish

2 years in a promotion oushing team with a positve goal difference, winning more games than they lose and he has scored 4 goals in 2 seasons. Is that not rubbish? Or am i the only one who thinks that? One came off his arse ffs.

Chambers....the Cb got 6 goals last season. Wes Morgan....the Cb has scored 4 in the last 2 seasons.....the same as Tyson.

I'm pretty sure quite a few Derby Fans would moan about anything. Even if they won Euro Millions.

People should smile sometimes, makes like much easier.

Thanks for the input.....just answering the question of the thread. We don't have a goalscorer, we don't have any experience. I don't think Clough has got it right....but i can't balme him. You get what you pay.

And that last sentence.....you don't know me, so how do you get that conclusion. You think i don't smile all day, or even between typing posts on my views of our signings?

******* hell. He types a negative post, he must be miserable.

What's wrong with discussing what we think will happen, now?

Can't we talk about the players we've signed until they've played 600 games for us?

Even when October comes round and we've scored 4 goals in 10 games, you'll still be saying give em till christmas, then at xmas it's give them a full season.

It's only a discussion ffs, he's not claiming to be Nostradamus.

Here's a portrait of dcfcdavecov,

http://www.canaldehistoria.pt/minisites/0903nostradamus/images/nostradamus_portrait

Archived