Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for a derby fan you talk some sense,pity i cant say it about the rest of them on here.

If one was to be pedantic, with a hint of irony, one could be so bold as to say if one was not enthused by what one read on here, one could fook off and read one of one's own forums.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Derby never claimed to have a worldclass team nor did they start talking about promotion after games.. You guys did both before the season even kicked off..

I spoke to Iker Casillas the other day, he told me he's not worried about your deadly partnership as they'll both be playing for Real Madrid by the time you guys inevitably meet in the CL in 2 years time..

The posts I've read say top half for Forest but i guess you can't take the pi$$ out of that

Dave (Red)..."We are still learning about the new players & it may take until the second half of the season for us to get the best out of them."

Why is that appropiate for Forest but not Derby?

I think Derby have the more settled side & a manager thats been there a while, Derby were able to plan their pre season & work on the squad in advance of Forest.

Forest brought in 11 players & changed manager a few weeks before the season started

I think Derby have the more settled side & a manager thats been there a while, Derby were able to plan their pre season & work on the squad in advance of Forest.

Forest brought in 11 players & changed manager a few weeks before the season started

Rubbish! Forest still have the nucleus of a top 6 team (two seasons on the trot) but have added big money signings on huge wages.

The league table tells us were have not been beaten, what do you see ?

err, unbeaten? I don't get your point as I did'nt say otherwise?

would it be easier if you just kept it simple and told everyone your favourite number and mother's name like your clever mate boozemonkey?

do you post this ****** on your own forums?

Rubbish! Forest still have the nucleus of a top 6 team (two seasons on the trot) but have added big money signings on huge wages.

Don't know about wages!

But the whole defence had to replaced

Camp & Blackstock are the only players in the starting 11 from the top 6 teams

Lots of change but i'm glad you think we have a chance this season

err, unbeaten? I don't get your point as I did'nt say otherwise?

would it be easier if you just kept it simple and told everyone your favourite number and mother's name like your clever mate boozemonkey?

do you post this ****** on your own forums?

Yawn!

more ranting & swearing

But alas still nothing worth while to say.

If you go back in the thread there are quotes taken from Forest fans (about 4 games in) about how promotion would be too soon for this team.

"This is the best football I've seen Forest play. Ever." that's not very far back at all so I don't think anyone has looked to see which set of fans actually started the hype.

Basically before the season started you were signing players left, right and centre and every signing was 'quality' and SOD has you 'playing THE BEST football in the division'

Staffsram supplemented this with some wonderful quotes from LTLF about how promotion could be too soon this year and you'll 'settle' for a finish just outside the play offs.

Oh, and "Derby will really struggle this year" with "NLN".

You have "the best midfielder in the division". One of the best midfields and strikeforces.

Cohen, McGugan, Camp, Blackstock, Findley, Majewski were all in your play off squad??

What's happening is, we're getting closer to the 30th and no Red Rovers fans want any ridiculous claims thrown back at them so you're starting to play it all down. Play cool now, and when you thrash Direby, in demise no less, then you can pick it up again.

C'mon, stick to your guns.

Derby signed 9 players last summer and did a lot better (results) than this year and any year since everything was in black and white.

If we climb above you anytime soon are you all going to say 'it's early days, don't look at the league table until November'?

If you go back in the thread there are quotes taken from Forest fans (about 4 games in) about how promotion would be too soon for this team.

"This is the best football I've seen Forest play. Ever." that's not very far back at all so I don't think anyone has looked to see which set of fans actually started the hype.

Basically before the season started you were signing players left, right and centre and every signing was 'quality' and SOD has you 'playing THE BEST football in the division'

Staffsram supplemented this with some wonderful quotes from LTLF about how promotion could be too soon this year and you'll 'settle' for a finish just outside the play offs.

Oh, and "Derby will really struggle this year" with "NLN".

You have "the best midfielder in the division". One of the best midfields and strikeforces.

Cohen, McGugan, Camp, Blackstock, Findley, Majewski were all in your play off squad??

What's happening is, we're getting closer to the 30th and no Red Rovers fans want any ridiculous claims thrown back at them so you're starting to play it all down. Play cool now, and when you thrash Direby, in demise no less, then you can pick it up again.

C'mon, stick to your guns.

Derby signed 9 players last summer and did a lot better (results) than this year and any year since everything was in black and white.

If we climb above you anytime soon are you all going to say 'it's early days, don't look at the league table until November'?

Top half is what I said & I will stick to my guns

Il stick to what I said. We will play good football under SOD but not get promoted this year. Top half though.

Derby will struggle under Nigel Clough and be near the bottom.

I guess you could 'throw this back in my face' if it goes spectacularly wrong but it's just my opinion..

Archived