Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pause as Boycie chokes on his cornflakes:D, or is he throwing his shirt in disgust, season ticket already flying out window? hating the Double feats of the Reds, not the Euro ones but the little travelled A5-2 ones?

Come On, you'll be fine, you just need a League One season to get back on track.;)

Were Forest rumoured to be after Routledge?

It appears Swansea have got their man

Sky Sources: Swansea agree fee with Newcastle for midfielder Wayne Routledge.

web • 31/07/2011 12:39

Prattingham all over again. He was never going to come to us over a premier league club

Interesting article with nigel doughty about these new financial regulations; http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/story-13048245-detail/story.html

He also quashes this rumour that derby fans have in their head of him charging interest on the loans and has also admitted that he is not looking to get his money back. Imo, doughty will wipe off a chunk of the money we owe him because of these new rules; the guy is a top bloke.

Interesting article with nigel doughty about these new financial regulations; http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/story-13048245-detail/story.html

He also quashes this rumour that derby fans have in their head of him charging interest on the loans and has also admitted that he is not looking to get his money back. Imo, doughty will wipe off a chunk of the money we owe him because of these new rules; the guy is a top bloke.

Rumour of interest on loans? Don't recall any rumour more a fact that is recorded in the Accounts. ( courtesy of Ramblur)

Having read the article if I were you I'd be worried if you don't go up this season.

The talk if not being able to give 3 year contracts, having to cut the amount the club loses and 'sensible' budgets of other clubs is an indicator that you will have to cut costs in the future.

Is the lack of ability to offer the long contracts going to hinder, or has it already hindered signings?

Fair play rules limit wages to a percentage if turnover - you had one of the biggest budgets last season your turnover isn't that high and you're budget will have to drop dramatically.

Even if Doughty writes off a chunk of the money, all that will do is reduce the debt column, it won't increase revenue or increase the money available.

Rumour of interest on loans? Don't recall any rumour more a fact that is recorded in the Accounts. ( courtesy of Ramblur)

Well i know who i believe mate, it came from the horses mouth so to speak, lol, no offence to ramblur who is a top bloke.

Isnt one of the requirements that clubs have to eventually be debt free though?! So Doughty will have to wipe off some if not all of the debt we 'owe' him which im sure he will.

As for attracting players being a problem for forest, i dont see that being an issue in the future. Starting from next season, players will have to lower there wage demands otherwise no club, especially in the championship, will be able to take them on and their career as a footballer will be in serious jeopardy unless they are willing to go play in poorer leagues abroad who dont face the same financial constraints as england and other top european countries/leagues or they lower the wage demands they ask for. So i dont see attracting players being a problem; dont forget that greening and the moose have just signed on 3 year deals.

Well i know who i believe mate, it came from the horses mouth so to speak, lol, no offence to ramblur who is a top bloke.

Isnt one of the requirements that clubs have to eventually be debt free though?! So Doughty will have to wipe off some if not all of the debt we 'owe' him which im sure he will.

As for attracting players being a problem for forest, i dont see that being an issue in the future. Starting from next season, players will have to lower there wage demands otherwise no club, especially in the championship, will be able to take them on and their career as a footballer will be in serious jeopardy unless they are willing to go play in poorer leagues abroad who dont face the same financial constraints as england and other top european countries/leagues or they lower the wage demands they ask for. So i dont see attracting players being a problem; dont forget that greening and the moose have just signed on 3 year deals.

It will have everything to do with turnover. 60% wages to turnover is the limit. We're already there. Last season you were on 117% or samthin. Fortunately, both of us have a bigger turnover than most clubs in the league so we should both become frontrunners for the better players.

Welcome to the dreary world of cost cutting.

The financial fair play will obviously favour us more than the others in the league who don't have parachute payments, there will be a lot more deals to sponsor the club, personally Tom Glick is the best man in the league for striking these deals up, we make ridiculous amounts of money using the clubs image and that next year will to play into our favour.

What we need is the fans to put their hand in their pocket and buy season tickets as this makes us more financially stronger for next season, sounds like the board will be unable to invest new money and more than likely have to re-arrange money around to put us in a good position, now that sounds very similar to what we have been doing since they got here, so shouldn't affect us. It will just cripple other teams into our circumstances and therefore we will be stronger because of it.

The financial fair play will obviously favour us more than the others in the league who don't have parachute payments, there will be a lot more deals to sponsor the club, personally Tom Glick is the best man in the league for striking these deals up, we make ridiculous amounts of money using the clubs image and that next year will to play into our favour.

What we need is the fans to put their hand in their pocket and buy season tickets as this makes us more financially stronger for next season, sounds like the board will be unable to invest new money and more than likely have to re-arrange money around to put us in a good position, now that sounds very similar to what we have been doing since they got here, so shouldn't affect us. It will just cripple other teams into our circumstances and therefore we will be stronger because of it.

It's only wages to turnover.

If we wanted to, we could buy Tevez, pay him a 5 million pound signing on fee and pay him 5k a week in wages. That's how i understand it anyway.

If we wanted to, we could buy Tevez, pay him a 5 million pound signing on fee and pay him 5k a week in wages. That's how i understand it anyway.

:eek:

ohhhhh sheeeeeeeet!

there would be millions of ways to get round it, as you said and we could just as easily pay them in image rights, which is tax free as I understand!

There's regulations regarding limiting the losses a club makes as well(as mentioned in the article). So unless the club has the cash to fund the deal then they could fall fowl to those.

If clubs abuse the signing on fee to pay lower wages then the rules will change to cover that as well (possibly already being included on the as yet unpublished final guidelines.

:eek:

ohhhhh sheeeeeeeet!

there would be millions of ways to get round it, as you said and we could just as easily pay them in image rights, which is tax free as I understand!

But ultimately dangerous - Campbell I think it was sued for image rights payments when he left a club.

The final regulations haven't been published, for all we know wages could be defined as 'any payment made to players' and include image rights, bonuses, signing on fees etc...

There's regulations regarding limiting the losses a club makes as well(as mentioned in the article). So unless the club has the cash to fund the deal then they could fall fowl to those.

If clubs abuse the signing on fee to pay lower wages then the rules will change to cover that as well (possibly already being included on the as yet unpublished final guidelines.

But if an investor stuck in 5 million, then the loss wouldn't be there?

Or would it? Is no more investment allowed?

It would depend if it was a cash injection then no, bit in the form of a loan then it would become a liability and be depending on the interest payable then it could hinder budgets elsewhere.

Borrowing and controlling losses will be a very fine balancing act.

Can't be right, unless Nigel Doughty doesn't want to invest and can hide behind these rules? but going on his word, they're not allowed to cover up losses.. or so it would seem.

I don't know, confussed now. :confused:

Archived