Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your previous owner spunked £70m of his own money on buying the dream. It didn't work out for him and Forest ended up struggling to survive once again (he'd already seen his club relegated during his tenure). throwing unlimited money at it is not guaranteed to work.

A slow, patient, strengthening of the club from the foundations up may turn out to be the only sustainable way. As ever, time will tell.

Mr. Doughty (and his estate), have written off the money, given the Kuwaiti's a debt free club that would otherwise have gone into liquidation. Nobody would have paid the £70m to clear the debt then put money into the team on top.

You have been very lucky, but to then take a swipe at us for doing it by trying to pay our way is a bit fookin rich if you ask me.

You and Leicester should be very grateful you have owners who can afford to throw money on an attempt at a quick promotion to the promised land of the Premiership.

Despite your wealth though, I have a feeling that we wont be a million miles apart this season.

That is hilarious! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Do you honestly think you can get out of this divisions by making 2/3 lower league signings every year and keeping the most average manager in Nigel clough.

Even if it is only the Gunter money that has been spent since the arrival of the Hasawis (which it clearly isn't) but 8 players for £2.3 mil would be bloody good business and show that the owners know what they're doing. So I don't know why you're trying to use it against us lol

Archived