Hearing the figure is £2.5 million... eeep

Cox - £2.5 million

Gillett - Free

Guedioura - £750,000

Harding - £500,000

Collins - £500,000

Ayala - Loan fee - £500,000?

Halford - £500,000

This takes your spend to over £5,000,000, disregarding agent fees etc.

Although you will give me the tosh about getting £2.3 million, but I'd guess most of this went on paying Cotterill compensation, and buying S.O.D out of his contract at Crawley.

Halford was 200k at most (Amount of money Pompey owed to Wolves), Sky Sources are saying it's a £2 million fee that was agreed and I've not heard of any loan fee involved but may be wrong. So about 3.95 million spent, not bad for seven players.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lot are hilarious. If we sign lots of players we're 'doing a Leicester' but if we sign good solid players for small money our owners have no ambition.

Make your minds up which is it!

I was just thinking that...

[size=3]Cox - Bit of a gamble I'll admit.[/size]

[size=3]Gillett - No money wasted there, since he was free.[/size]

[size=3]Guedioura - 750k for him? Great buy.[/size]

[size=3]Harding - Solid (if unspectacular) LB at this level, 500k isn't much for him.[/size]

[size=3]Collins - 500k for a good Championship CB? Good buy.[/size]

[size=3]Ayala - Norwich and Hull fans said how excellent he was there. Don't know of any loan fee involved either, so just wages. [/size]

[size=3]Halford - £200k for a utility man that could play anywhere along the back four, don't think that's too bad. [/size]

[size=3]So really, only one there that may be a waste of money. [/size]

I was just thinking that...

[size=3]Cox - massive gamble I'll admit.[/size]

[size=3]Gillett - waste of a free.[/size]

[size=3]Guedioura - 750k for him? massively ripped off.[/size]

[size=3]Harding - Solid (if unspectacular) LB at this level, 500k isn't much for him. (i'll give you that one)[/size]

[size=3]Collins - 500k for a good Championship CB? Good buy. (and that)[/size]

[size=3]Ayala - Norwich and Hull fans said how useless he was there. Don't know of any loan fee involved either, so just wages. [/size]

[size=3]Halford - £200k for a cr@p player that stands anywhere along the back four, awful transfer. [/size]

[size=3]So really, we've made a cock up of all our transfers[/size]

fixed that

Guedioura is one of the best CM in the championship! Cox will score 15+ if played often upfront. Derby will be relegated.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> !!

My honest opinion...

Cox - too much money. Gamble

Gillett - Why? Depth? Seems bit like Greening signing

Harding - good buy

Collins - average. Bog standard for this level

Guedioura - good buy.

Ayala - good on the ball. Not so great off it. Better than those useless "defenders" Morgan and Chambers. Be alright for you

Halford - *****.

Think you've improved on last year. But don't go printing t-shirts again.

It's all good and well saying he's good signing, he's solid etc etc...

I remember 12 months ago even you spent a chunk of money on Miller, brought in Derbyshire and Reid sayin what great signings they are.

Got to give players time to settle, judge them in a few months. Gillett could be the best signing there for all we know.

Archived