Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when it was us lingering towards the bottom of the league, the Forest fans kept coming over to DCFC forums to convince us of their greatness.

Now it's them lingering towards the bottom of the league, and the Forest fans are coming over to our boards to convice us of their greatness.

Whatever happens in the future, Forest fans will always try to convince us of their greatness.

I didn't don't tarnish people that chant with the same brush!

NOTTINGHAM FOREST HAVE BEEN GREAT, GREATER THAN THE WILDEST IMAGINATIONS OF ANY NOTTINGHAM FAN.

Derby been GREAT too, but not to our GREATNESS, absolute categoric FACT.

For now, aspirations, both clubs need Premiership, where I look forward to our records being re-produced? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

WIGAN FULHAM STOKE FFS Help us all, how hard can this be?

We beat Cologne too, the German Champions at the Time, where Champions only qualified, we beat the best, and they were all in it.

MUST GO TO BED, maybe I've learned something?

THAT THE REAL DERBY FOOTBALL FANS, DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Night!

Did you beat Spanish teams? No. Did you beat Italian teams? No. Did you beat Portuguese teams? No.

Beating the best of a poor bunch, does not compare with topping Leeds, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton, etc.

The cup format is always easier to fluke than the league format, which is why you have teams like Wimbledon and Coventry winning the FA Cup, when clearly they weren't the best teams in England at the time. Of course, the best team in England is decided by a league format, because everyone knows that consistently besting your opponents is a far better reflection than the fateful fortunes of a cup format.

I remember when it was us lingering towards the bottom of the league, the Forest fans kept coming over to DCFC forums to convince us of their greatness.

Now it's them lingering towards the bottom of the league, and the Forest fans are coming over to our boards to convice us of their greatness.

Whatever happens in the future, Forest fans will always try to convince us of their greatness.

Methinks they protest just a little too much. They're still trying to convince themselves just as much as us.

I didn't don't tarnish people that chant with the same brush!

NOTTINGHAM FOREST HAVE BEEN GREAT, GREATER THAN THE WILDEST IMAGINATIONS OF ANY NOTTINGHAM FAN.

Derby been GREAT too, but not to our GREATNESS, absolute categoric FACT.

For now, aspirations, both clubs need Premiership, where I look forward to our records being re-produced? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Thanks for coming over to profess your love for the red side of the trent.

Aspirations, of course, all teams have the same aspirations. It's a matter of achieving it though, which Forest have failed at every attempt since last being there. Long time a go ofcourse, but since you've displayed a sense of history I'm sure you remember it well.

Football has been a matter of balancing the cheque book in recent times, Derby over spent recently, suffered but remained in the top 2 tiers. They never, I repeat NEVER dropped down into the 3rd tier. Imagine what that would be like.

Wigan and Fulham have their sugar daddys, Stoke just have a sensible man in charge along with a manager who knows what he wants. Big tall strong strapping men to kick the **** out of the opposition.

Forest had a sugar daddy once.

Hope we see both Derby and Forest together in the prem one day, sorry to rub it in.

If you took the biggest 20 teams in England, what a league that would be. Easily the best in the world.

The fact that you have clubs like Wigan, Bolton, and all the other p1sspot clubs in there makes it almost impossible to make that claim.

Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham, Leeds, Derby, Forest, Wolves, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Norwich, Leicester, Stoke.

Obviously Sheff Wed and Sheff Utd in their prime, not as they are now.

That would have been a fooking great league.

Thanks cumbrian ram (bit late now I know), that kind of stuff really interests me. as much as Elvis is going on about hem having history all seen up, I think you have to look deeper than just the trophies you've won. If you're being really scientific, you have to talk about how you played and who you beat to win those trophies. Anyone can win a trophy on their day. Could you rank Portsmouth or Birmingham among the great modern teams? Not a chance. In 30 years if Portsmouth start claiming they're so great cos they won an family cup, is that really a valid argument? There's more to football than trophies. Football is about love for your club and your city, Passion for the game, its about great stories, and a great experience for fans. I honestly believe we win hands down on that. And as cumbrians list shows, we kick add (although its a pretty close call, just close enough to make it interesting) in terms of over all performances throughout the decades. You can only look at the big picture (what's gone on over the past century or so), or the very small picture (what going on right now), and on both counts... we have a winner.

So stick your European cups up ya bum. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> (can't seem go do the appropriate smiley on my phone).

don't you flocking start! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> ,

chasing after dreams we may never find again ( is the operative word) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

ok elvis try this one

i dreamed a dream in time gone by when hope was high and life worth living i dreamed that love would never die i dreamed that god would be forgiving

then i was young and unafraid and dreams were made and used and wasted there was no ransom to be paid no song unsung, no wine untasted

but the rams they come at night with their voices loud as thunder [size=1][size=2]][/size][/size] as they tear your hopes apart and they turn your dream to shame

you are cruel your lot, i made two statements.

nottingham forest historically with all the trophies better,

and we haven't addresses i believe our squad is better, but is underachieving?

lets do a history test, see if we can wrap this up?

history test

question one.

when did derby county last qualify for europe?

when did nottingham forest last qualify for europe?

question two

when did derby county last reach the final of a major domestic trophy?

when did nottingham forest last reach the final of a major domestic trophy?

question three

when did derby county last win a major domestic trophy?

when did nottingham forest last win a major domestic trophy?

question four

when did a derby county player last play as a full international for england?

when did a nottingham forest last play as a full international for england?

question five

when did derby county last complete a league double over nottingham forest?

when did nottingham forest last complete a league double over derby county?

question six

when did derby county last score five v nottingham forest in a league match?

when did nottingham forest last score five v derby county in a league match?

that should clear up a little history.

Archived