• Created
  • Last Reply

You beat me to it.

I jumped off em sofa when i saw it.

The mrs said "thought you didn't like U2"

I said "i don't"

"why you jumping around like a tit then?"

"DERBY FLAG DERBY FLAG"

"oh" and with that response all life in my body left me. I turned round and said "what do you mean "oh"". She didn't even look at me, she knew i was though cos she shrugged her shoulders after about 10 seconds. The bitch, wanted to punch her in the boob so hard!

You beat me to it.

I jumped off em sofa when i saw it.

The mrs said "thought you didn't like U2"

I said "i don't"

"why you jumping around like a tit then?"

"DERBY FLAG DERBY FLAG"

"oh" and with that response all life in my body left me. I turned round and said "what do you mean "oh"". She didn't even look at me, she knew i was though cos she shrugged her shoulders after about 10 seconds. The bitch, wanted to punch her in the boob so hard!

What is it with seeing a Rams flag? Why do reasonably sane men shout and point if they see a shirt or flag of their team. Or is it just clubs like ours because we're provincial.

I suppose Liverpool, Manure etc see replica shirts everywhere whereas if I see someone sporting a Ram badge, hat, scarf, flag, or shirt in any situation away from a match day, I always end up nodding, and say summat ridiculous like "nice shirt mate" etc.

Walking down a road in Magaluf a few years ago wearing a Derby shirt, 4 complete strangers 5 or 6 floors up on a balcony started singing "We are Derby" at me. One ran inside the room and came out with a St.George cross with DCFC and a Ram on it. They were jumping up and down like salmon up a waterfall as I gave them a clenched fist salute, thumbs up, big grin, while the missus marched in front muttering about being embarrassed and men are so childish.

Women just don't understand do they.......

What is it with seeing a Rams flag? Why do reasonably sane men shout and point if they see a shirt or flag of their team. Or is it just clubs like ours because we're provincial.

I suppose Liverpool, Manure etc see replica shirts everywhere whereas if I see someone sporting a Ram badge, hat, scarf, flag, or shirt in any situation away from a match day, I always end up nodding, and say summat ridiculous like "nice shirt mate" etc.

Walking down a road in Magaluf a few years ago wearing a Derby shirt, 4 complete strangers 5 or 6 floors up on a balcony started singing "We are Derby" at me. One ran inside the room and came out with a St.George cross with DCFC and a Ram on it. They were jumping up and down like salmon up a waterfall as I gave them a clenched fist salute, thumbs up, big grin, while the missus marched in front muttering about being embarrassed and men are so childish.

Got to say ladyram understands. When we went to the museum of Science and Industry and saw some Leeds shirted folks waiting for the lift her and the Kids joined me on a chorus of we are derby.

Got to say ladyram understands. When we went to the museum of Science and Industry and saw some Leeds shirted folks waiting for the lift her and the Kids joined me on a chorus of we are derby.

Thats the exception though Dav. I think we're talking about our womenfolk who don't go to matches!

fair play to the clan though mate.....:D

Funny you say this, i was in salou in spain and by the pool we was playing football and i scored shout "BARKER" next minute some blok aproaches me in a derby **** and i say this. turned out they live 5 mins away :L became friends wit them for the rest of the holiday

When we went away the other week, to Scarborough, at the caravan park, we were just walking out of the club, when a family walked past, the bloke was wearing a Derby County coat - so I stopped them, and shook his hand, told them there was a Forest fan in there, and to be careful, as it was the weekend of the playoffs - and he was there, instead of at Wembley. lol.

As there's usually a lot of Leeds and Hull fans up there, with the odd Newcastle fan, it's nice to see a Derby badge. :thumbsup:

It's great to see Rams flags around the country and world.

Once remember watching Poland v England game on TV back in the early 80's and there was one England flag right on the halfway line a Giant one with DCFC/England on. Made me feel very proud :)

This is just it mate, bang on! I remember a few years back walking with a workmate (a human not a DIY tool) down a street in aldershot, he had a newcastle shirt on - we walked past a guy coming the other way in the same shirt and they never battered an eyelid... I was gobsmacked!

Whenever I wear anything to do with Derby any other Derby fans come up and speak... even kids - and Im the same.

Derby has always had that sense of belonging to it!

Me and the missus entered a pub quiz in Greece (just got back yesterday), I nearly wet myself when the team name "Ripley Rams" was announced, needless to say a quick word with the quizmaster allowed the two teams to merge into one mighty force, The Rams narrowly missed out with a 19/20 and got very merry.

Ps. Beavers live in lodges.

By any chance you didn't stop in hotel Magamar and the other Derby lads got robbed? lol

Same thing happened to me in Faliraki about 17 years a go, had that weird barcode shirt on, black with blue and white stripes on it. A squadron of lads came running/tumbling out shouting "COME ON DERBY". Was only 12, couldn't stop laughing.

They were putting some crappy cement pavements down at the time, everybody wrote their team down whilst it was still wet. Managed to put 'R ****' next to Nottingham Forest, and put 'DCFC' next to it.

There was also a bleedin forest flag dancing around at one point. I was watching the Kaiser Chiefs on telly and spotted the forest flag again, this time though the Rams flag appeared again..hooray!! Then i had to double take as then there were 2 Rams flags, at one stage it almost looked like they were attacking the forest flag hehe.

Does anyone know who had them??

Made my weekend that did.

Archived