Football Manager 2011

Iceland Ram

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All FM games pale in comparison to the original CM2.

Used to have audio commentary back in those days, and the glamorous anglo-Italian cup! :eek:

Even then it was prone to the odd freak result - I'll never forget welcoming Chester to Goodison Park in the FA Cup when I was managing Everton and duly got handed a 5-0 beating! :mad:

The transfers in CM2 were ridiculously simple, i had a game with Inter where i didn't lose a single match for two seasons. Same formation every game with Denilson left wing hah.

Is this the same as CM 01-02?

I found a trick formation for that, using Portos 4-3-2-1 formation but using 3DMs plus 2AMs and 1 Striker you use to just win every game having 50 plus shots every game..

No idea why that happened.. I remember doing doing a game with Hertha Berlin and had Salas, Eto'o and Denilson as my front 3 and they were just leathal.. After my 3rd season it was just winning CLs and domestic trophies every year..

As for FM 09.. I also found a trick formation, using a 4-4-2 but with your left winger cutting in to form an AM.. I was Dortmund and had Aguerro and Huntelaar as my strikers and Guardado and Simao as my wingers it was just unreal.. It took me 4 years to win the CL but after that I won around 3 or 4 consecutive trebles (League, CL and Domestic Cup)..

Not using this as a bragging game, as much as I like the games they're incredibly unrealistic, especially if you look on the internet (like I did) for the best players.. I found my best games was getting the sack in the lower leagues and building up again.. Spending seasons in the lower leagues for me represents a class-realistic game..

Is this the same as CM 01-02?

I found a trick formation for that, using Portos 4-3-2-1 formation but using 3DMs plus 2AMs and 1 Striker you use to just win every game having 50 plus shots every game..

No idea why that happened.. I remember doing doing a game with Hertha Berlin and had Salas, Eto'o and Denilson as my front 3 and they were just leathal.. After my 3rd season it was just winning CLs and domestic trophies every year..

As for FM 09.. I also found a trick formation, using a 4-4-2 but with your left winger cutting in to form an AM.. I was Dortmund and had Aguerro and Huntelaar as my strikers and Guardado and Simao as my wingers it was just unreal.. It took me 4 years to win the CL but after that I won around 3 or 4 consecutive trebles (League, CL and Domestic Cup)..

Not using this as a bragging game, as much as I like the games they're incredibly unrealistic, especially if you look on the internet (like I did) for the best players.. I found my best games was getting the sack in the lower leagues and building up again.. Spending seasons in the lower leagues for me represents a class-realistic game..

I can't see Chesterfield in the CL in 5 years time.

Good luck to them though

i never have issues with Barker, maybe your the arse'ole ? :p I'm joking mate.

Newcastle keep expressing interest and then he hands in transfer request.

Then I say he can go he says I am miss treating him and he does not want to leave.

Bailey is getting involved and he doesn't even know him that well at the time.

Yeah I get that with Barker, I just sell him.

Good freebies at the start of the game, Sylvinhio, Michael Ball, Bernard Mendy, an American defender (forgot his name, but he's offered to clubs early on) and you should be strong enough. There's a forward and midfielder as well if you can fit em in on the wage bill. Both are offered.

Yeah I get that with Barker, I just sell him.

Good freebies at the start of the game, Sylvinhio, Michael Ball, Bernard Mendy, an American defender (forgot his name, but he's offered to clubs early on) and you should be strong enough. There's a forward and midfielder as well if you can fit em in on the wage bill. Both are offered.

Jay Demerit???

I have no idea how my club is not in debt at the moment. I have a forward on 15k a week, 9k, 6k. Midfielders on 14, 12 + 10k a week and defenders on 14, 9 and 8k a week. 3.5 mil for Matt Mills.

I simply can not negotiate with computers.

Newcastle keep expressing interest and then he hands in transfer request.

Then I say he can go he says I am miss treating him and he does not want to leave.

Bailey is getting involved and he doesn't even know him that well at the time.

Bailey is **** on it anyway mate! Fvck him off as soon as you can, early on offer all your key player's I.E. Commons and Barker if you don't use updates because if you keep them long term you will do well!

I mullered the championship with bueno up top, craig Conway left wing and Jay oshea right wing.

Bueno is formidable on that game! I managed to get Bebe from United on loan for the season, great signing! Got 22 assists and 13 goals from LAM/RAM as i played 4-4-2/4-2-2-2. Used what little budget i had and used loan's very well and got promoted. :D

Jay Demerit???

I have no idea how my club is not in debt at the moment. I have a forward on 15k a week, 9k, 6k. Midfielders on 14, 12 + 10k a week and defenders on 14, 9 and 8k a week. 3.5 mil for Matt Mills.

I simply can not negotiate with computers.

Yeah DeMerit, good signing....if ya get promoted in the first season, get Babacar on loan to replace Bueno, lethal.

Archived