Olympic Tickets

Fowkesy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We applied for just the athletics 2 x familys of 4, so 8 tickets and got them in the first round application. I think it's the quarter and semi final type events but I'm still well pleased given the success rate that's being quoted.

it's a bit of a mess up from the sounds of it, it should be first come first served simple as really. I didn't apply because i am not interested in the olympic sports except football in which most of the stars won't be present so not bothered.

This lottery process is a completly unfair system. My idea would be that you could buy tickets for the different events on first come first serve system and to save the computers all crashing, have the events all put into different sections and then start each ticket buying process on different dates. For example, people can start buying swimming tickets on June 1st, then you can choose which day (since the swimming competiton lasts a week or so) you want to go. And then track and field ticket purchasing would start on June 2nd then again choose which day you want to go.

This lottery process is a completly unfair system. My idea would be that you could buy tickets for the different events on first come first serve system and to save the computers all crashing, have the events all put into different sections and then start each ticket buying process on different dates. For example, people can start buying swimming tickets on June 1st, then you can choose which day (since the swimming competiton lasts a week or so) you want to go. And then track and field ticket purchasing would start on June 2nd then again choose which day you want to go.

keep your holy nose out of the olympics

• 4 months later...

Archived