Plumbing

rampant ram

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don´t know about pay but when I was in the army long time ago, on our spare time we sometimes watched films which made me think that it would be nice to be a plumber. The pay wasn`t perhaps the main reason but often the lady customers seemed very grateful and satisfied.:D

Don´t know about pay but when I was in the army long time ago, on our spare time we sometimes watched films which made me think that it would be nice to be a plumber. The pay wasn`t perhaps the main reason but often the lady customers seemed very grateful and satisfied.:D

filthy swine:)

Recently just been offered a plumbing apprenticeship just wondering if anybody has ever done one and whats the money like etc

e

I have just retired after 45 years of plumbing and gas fitting, you will never be out of work.

Go for it plumbing apprenticeships are as rare as Billy Davies saying somting sensible.

thanks alot i will is the pay worth it then?

Depends on how hard you are prepared to work.I have made enough to retire 4 years early.

It's one of the easiest trades to start your own business.

Best of luck if you need any further advice PM me.

Mate don't even think about the money at first. Just look at gaining skills. Money will come, but you've got to put in the effort first.

I've just done 18 months on a kitchen fitting course at £95 a week which is the minimum for an apprenticeship. Doesn't get you too far but the stuff you learn makes you feel you should be paying them (if using the right attitude.)

I now have a job as a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom designer and salesperson and i am very grateful for what the apprenticeship did for me.

Take the job. You are VERY lucky to have been offered any opportunity never mind a chance to have a career in a skilled trade.

plumbing.....great profession.

All you've got to master is how to bend a few pipes; solder a few joints; rip up peoples floor boards so that they never go back down again properly; learn to fit pumps and three way valves in the most inaccessible of places; leave a few minor but persistant leaks in every installation as an investment for future work; walk sh-t into your customers hall carpet; always charge for the time spent drinking a cup of tea at the start and completion of every job; throw in a few extras for good luck; tell everyone that you're just back from Greece and you're off to Rome in a fortnight; drill holes through joists, walls, and newly completed tiling with absolutely no regard to setting out, structural integrity or client approval; never measure anything; turn up on time but not necessarily on the right day; disappear without explanation; and always pack up at 4 o'clock whether you've finished or not.

oh....and in sit your van to have your sandwiches. Its good manners. :thumbsup:

Archived