Transfer UPDATE to help B4 and Co to understand why no signings

RotherhamRam

I have done some digging on transfer windows may explain why we have not actually signed anyone. This may not be correct but it seems to be posted around other boards as well.

Domestically - English Leagues - Tranfer windows open 1st June so a player can sign from any of the English Leagues. Therefore seeing as Eustace and Shackell are the ones where actual bids have been submitted this will take time so hence no signing.

The International transfer window - Which covers Scotland - It looks like the FA have confirmed this is open from 9th June 2011. Although a player/club/agent may disclose that have signed pre-contract the transfer is not official until this date. This information is quoted today by Terry Butcher when he is talking about signings. This also incudes 'free-agents'. so this covers Rooner, Maguire and Bryson.

It then gets confusing if for example the transfer window opens 1st July in the country where the player is signing from for example in France they again can sign a pre-contract but the registration is not confirmed until this date.

Now knowing the state of football I would not think pre-contracts mean that much ask Sol Campbell he signed one left Notts County after a month sat on the sideline till January then signed for Arsenal on a free football contracts mean nothing so until the player is actually registered I am happy to be kept in the dark and that way there is no disappointment

So although we may consider the transfer window is open the club is not actually in a position to actually register anyone at the moment. So can poeple now please take a step back take a breath hold your frustration and wait and see.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks mate some of that i didn't know but some i did but i do get these things muggled up sometimes.

Mate it confuses me, only reason something clicked was because of Butchers comments today said he couldn't sign anyone until 9th jUNE

Here's a link to FA statement last year regarding domestic and international signings

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatures/2010/transfer-window-060510

Domestic ones can happen as soon as season finished.

Wikki says that the transfer window of the selling club does not need to be open, only for the buying club. Seems to fit with us signing fielding before Blackburn had finished their season.

So in essence we've had nearly a month and all we've got is the loanees signed.

Ptttttthhh, useless gits.

I could, and am probably , wrong about the transfer window not needing to be open for the selling club.

Robinson has signed for us, bit it will take effect from July 1st. This might have something to do with his current contract but as far as I have read Fielding and Ward signed from when it was announced ( no mention of a delay like there was with Robinson)

Still can't sign maguire, Bryson, or Damny Boy until the international window opens.

Other hold ups on Domestic players could be because we are offering lower wages and players want to delay signing to keep current wages for a bit longer ( possibly why Theo signed from July not May)

As I tried to explain to YR a week or so back, another reason for the activity being as it is is as follows:

Early in the summer, there is a fight for freebees and cheap players, so these are sorted out first. When this is over, the money from selling these in some cases, or the fact some areas of improvement may have been satisfied through the signing of these, will then allow for larger fee signings. This then starts the snowball rolling.

Archived