what is tom glick messing around at?

B4ev6is

yes but in your eyes rooney is better than messi at the moment, davies was the direct replacement for commons but he didn't do enough for me. Porter was ok until he became injured and was knackered.

and that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Your just repeating exactly what I just said.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no i didn't actually because davies is not good enough and neither was porter because of injury and lack of ability, the fact that davies was a direct replacemet for commons and didn't step up to the mark, doesn't clough has to take some responsibility for that

no i didn't actually because davies is not good enough and neither was porter because of injury and lack of ability, the fact that davies was a direct replacemet for commons and didn't step up to the mark, doesn't clough has to take some responsibility for that

Porter was good enough, injuries ruined him, is Clough to blame for that? No. I believe Ben Davies to be a decent buy for the amount we paid, not a Commons but a decent player. He'll get better next season, imo.

we'll see to me he is a bottom half championship player at best.

I don't think bottom half exists. You're either Championship quality or you're not. Ben Davies can find a white shirt, and he can kick a football. Therefore he'd look ok in a Championship side. He's a no-thrills Championship midfielder, a squad player. Nothing more, nothing less, and he was signed as such. I don't see what the fuss is about with him....I'd rather have him around than players like Teale.

the problem with ben davies is that he's not as good as cywka or green in the wide role.

he lacks a trick plus he lacks pace

michael johnson didn't even think that where we play him is his best position.....

You're doing exactly that by betting £100 we will be in contention.

The only difference here is that my views are perceived negative, therefore dismissed by most on the forum.

No I'm not. I'm not saying people who disagree with me are plucking things out the sky. I've just got an opinion and I've said it.

Anyway, I forgot I said I was out...just had to iron that out.

I bet the walls in Glicks house are magnolia.

What size do you reckon his main tellybox is?

Me? I've got him down as a 52" man. Surround sound, HD.

I'm not quite sure what Tom Glick has done wrong. He has helped the club reduce its debt, he has shown faith in a young manager, and he has stated that now we are on a safer financial footing we are going to buy a few players and hopefully push for a play-off position.

If we don't spend the money in the transfer window, or if he bails out mid-season when results don't materialise then yes, he deserves criticism, but until then I think he's been pretty sensible.

Think you were too youn to remember when Porter first came on the scene. He and Hulse looked like forming a good partnership Porter scored a brace and looked really sharp and Cardiff were pipped at the post to sign him at the time as well. I think it was against Bristol City that season he had come near a couple of times and he got a sly knock after the ball had gone and 5 mins later came of with hip injury and that I feel started the damage and long term injuries. He could find the back of the net, the pass to bring players in but just over two seasons on bench has left his not able to cut it at this level. I feel sorry for the lad as he did show some early potential and a shrewd signing but I think his career is just about dead and buried.

Archived