Cardiff Sack Dave Jones

Srg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The announcement coming a couple of hours before there arch rivals take centre stage for a promotion challenge at Wembley must have been the final straw. Swansea must have a wage bill about half that of Cardiff as wel. They can not of done their debts any favours this season with the amount of Premier League players they had on their wage bill. The owners were banking on promotion for sure, they must have thought they were just too strong to fail this time, but once again Football always has a sting in its tail. Could be back into big money problems there now as well.

he should have got them promoted but i think he deserved another year to get it right.

On top of the 6 years he has already had?

If he couldn't get them promoted with a strike force of Bothroyd, Bellamy, Burke and Chopra I don't think he ever will.

3 of the names mentioned above are out of contract or returning to their parent club.

My guess is Cardiff gambled big this season on promotion and will now have a few years of cost cutting. Think they may struggle next year.

On top of the 6 years he has already had?

If he couldn't get them promoted with a strike force of Bothroyd, Bellamy, Burke and Chopra I don't think he ever will.

3 of the names mentioned above are out of contract or returning to their parent club.

My guess is Cardiff gambled big this season on promotion and will now have a few years of cost cutting. Think they may struggle next year.

Exactly my thoughts.

If you can't get promoted with Craig Bellamy, Chris Burke, Jay Bothroyd and Michael Chopra (not to mention the midfielders like Whittingham and Gyepes, plus McCormack who has since left) then you're struggling in my opinion. That front line should walk the Championship.

Exactly my thoughts.

If you can't get promoted with Craig Bellamy, Chris Burke, Jay Bothroyd and Michael Chopra (not to mention the midfielders like Whittingham and Gyepes, plus McCormack who has since left) then you're struggling in my opinion. That front line should walk the Championship.

You only have to look at Peterborough who have scored their way out of League One. Their defence let in more goals than two of the teams relegated from their division!

When you consider Whittingham was the top scorer in our division the season before and he then added Bellamy, Cardiff really should of walked the division.

Parkin, Chopra, Whittingham, Olifinjana, Burke, Bothroyd, Bellamy, Gyepes

Hilarious they didn't make it now the cheating scummers can pay for it with the next 5 years of cost cutting.. They'll be playing league 1 football in 3 years with debts of 40mill plus.

Adios.

How long has Cardiff's back 5 needed attention? Jones must take some blame for their failure to make the PL again. They learned nothing since losing to Blackpool.

But let's be honest, money/big players don't guarantee success. You still have to channel it in the right direction. Jones did that and although he might be labeled an "almost" man...... well, there are a lot of managers in this division that haven't even really been almost men.

Sven for example should of done much better. If he spends a fortune in the summer (which he will on wages alone if nothing else) and gets promoted people in the media will be saying Leicester have a good team, good manager and enough money to stay up.

Leicester will get praised but will be doing exactly what Cardiff did.

Not having a pop at anyone on here, just saying, watch some of these journalists contradict themselves. People seem to be laying into Jones. He's done better than Sven who people call a top manager!

How long has Cardiff's back 5 needed attention? Jones must take some blame for their failure to make the PL again. They learned nothing since losing to Blackpool.

But let's be honest, money/big players don't guarantee success. You still have to channel it in the right direction. Jones did that and although he might be labeled an "almost" man...... well, there are a lot of managers in this division that haven't even really been almost men.

Sven for example should of done much better. If he spends a fortune in the summer (which he will on wages alone if nothing else) and gets promoted people in the media will be saying Leicester have a good team, good manager and enough money to stay up.

Leicester will get praised but will be doing exactly what Cardiff did.

Not having a pop at anyone on here, just saying, watch some of these journalists contradict themselves. People seem to be laying into Jones. He's done better than Sven who people call a top manager!

Don't forget Sven was not there all the season I believe he took over when they were bottom

Don't forget Sven was not there all the season I believe he took over when they were bottom

Your right, and i'm not laying into Sven either. I'm pretty sure Leicester will make the PL under him inside the next 2 years. I'm just saying that Sven got to within a whisker of the Play-Offs. He did that and added Yakubu on top of that. But still couldn't force Leicester into the Play-Offs. Infact he went on a bit of a bad run and Leicester suddenly looked miles away from being serious promotion candidates. He did well to get them up away from the bottom..... but having done that he failed to push on. He had everything he needed to make the Play-Offs, but didn't.

Same with Jones, he had everything at his feet to get Cardiff up. But he kept them going though to the Play Offs again. Some of the media etc are making him out to be a failiure. When in reality he still did a pretty steady job.

Thought they could part-ways a bit nicer. There seems to be this feeling that because he didn't get them promoted, he's under-performed. When really he gave them the a fighting chance and did a steady job imo.

I don't think being an "almost" manager like Davies and Jones is neccesarily a thing to mock them for. (not sniping at anyone on this thread btw.)

He should leave Cardiff pretty happy with the job he did there. He should of done more work on their back 5 though.

Also don't forget that Cardiff should have been bankrupted by know and possibly relegated- I hope they drop like a stone form now on.

That is something i agree with.

But that's all the responsibility of someone above Jones to call some shots.

I wouldn't mind seeing them struggle for a bit :D

Archived