Carlo Ancelotti sacked by Chelsea F.C.

CumbrianRam

Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Carlo Ancelotti parted company with the club today (Sunday, 22 May).

The owner and board would like to thank Carlo for his contribution and achievements since taking over as manager in July 2009, which included winning the Double for the first time in the club's history.

However, this season's performances have fallen short of expectations and the club feels the time is right to make this change ahead of next season's preparations.

Carlo will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge, where he will be given the reception and respect his position in our history deserves.

Chelsea's long-term football objectives and ambitions remain unchanged and we will now be concentrating all our efforts on identifying a new manager.

There will be no further comment until that appointment is made.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2364758,00.html

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man United's fault that. If he'd of beaten them in Europe and in the Premiership "decider" he'd be a hero there.

Wonder who they want?

Doubt they'll get Hiddink to quit Turkey. He seems dead set on staying. A lot of top managers seem pretty tied up atm.

Man United's fault that. If he'd of beaten them in Europe and in the Premiership "decider" he'd be a hero there.

Wonder who they want?

Doubt they'll get Hiddink to quit Turkey. He seems dead set on staying. A lot of top managers seem pretty tied up atm.

Rafeal Benitez is unemployed? wants a job in England too

Rafeal Benitez is unemployed? wants a job in England too

He knows how to get Torres performing too!

The flipside is he likes really pedestrian footballers. A squad full of 'em.

Wonder if he'll be on the list of candidates?

He knows how to get Torres performing too!

The flipside is he likes really pedestrian footballers. A squad full of 'em.

Wonder if he'll be on the list of candidates?

Got to be linked with the Job. Things went wrong for him at Liverpool towards the end but a successful manager non the less.

maybe Abramovic will see sense and go with a lucrative deal for Jose?

I don't get it. Finished 2nd in the league, did the double last season. The only target that Chelsea has is to win the Champions League, which they definatly won't if the chairman keeps buying the players instead of the manager. I've got a feeling that Chelsea may have the same issue like AC Milan did a few years ago. Had a top side for a number of years that hardly changed, then eventually got too old and were eventually out classed by their rivals. It's only recently that they've became a force again, changing alot of the squad whilst keeping some of the quality oldies Pirlo, Gattuso etc. Juventus have the same problem too.

Mark Hughes is a possibility. I don't like him, but I can see him getting a look (some clause in his contract at Fulham). I can't see 'Arry leaving Spurs for anyone other than England. Which only leaves a host of foreigners. Benitez will have no chance though.

Archived