L.A. Noire

Srg

Out this Friday and looks unbelievable. Detective game set in 1940's Los Angeles using new technology which puts almost exact faces into the game of actors and it looks incredible.

Reviews been popping up today before the release in the US tomorrow. 9.3/10 on Gamestop and 4.5/5 on Joystiq just to name two.

Majorly hyped for this.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8.5 on ign too.

Looking forward to it, something completely different. Not only for playing on the right side of the law for once but searching for clues and being able to tell if someone is lying or is nervous from their expressions sounds really good.

Yeah, unfortunately its three disks on xbox and only the one on ps3. Hopefully the DLC will come earlier or be easy to grab on xbox.

Got a feeling that the PS3 version may have benefits around the DLC as it was originally a Sony-exclusive game.

On the bright side, it seems to be scoring better on the 360. Game Rankings and Metacritic both rate the 360 version slightly better. Interesting given the PS3-lead development.

Might have to reconsider. Think I'll wait and see what platform mates are getting it on.

Yeah, suppose you are right there. Any idea why it's scoring better on the 360? Good news, but seems odd.

On a slightly different note, after the fail that was the Playstation Notwork fiasco over the last couple of months, the update that has now come in is causing some consoles to overheat and crash. HA.

No idea why the 360's scoring higher, but it's not what I expected. Games that are development-lead on one platform tend to be better on that platform, hence this is unusual. Good though as I wanted it on the 360 to begin with.

The 3 disc thing doesn't really bother me, it's similar to ME2, you only have to change it a couple of times.

Looks mint.

Gamespot gave the PS3 version the nod over the 360 one. Dodgy framerate at times so they say. But i read the same thing somewhere about Mafia 2. Never had a problem with it.

Don't like Red Dead Redemption so that'll be getting traded in with Modern Warfare 2 and any other game i can find.

Archived