Another Hot topic from the Boycemeister.

Boycie

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's crippling me, and I'm afraid the old ladies will have to pay more for their bulbs to be replaced.

Taking them down the cash machine at 11.30 at night isn't becoming cost effective.

Direct action is what's needed. No messing about.:mad:

How about an online petition?

Fuel.

I'm doing my accounts at the moment, and this time last year, diesel was £113.90 a litre.

Time for some thing to change, this can't go on.

We’re all in this together with the lovely Big Society to look after us - so stop moaning, use your initiative, and get a bit of hose pipe.

I have to ask.

How is it that cars are so important in such a small country? How is it that an average person drives to and from work only covering 20-30 miles or so yet petrol is so damn expensive and cars are seen as necessary.

In comparison to America, Canada and Mexico.. 3 monster countries in size where the average person drives double/treble what people do in The Uk to commute to and from work, therefore petrol being more in demand yet it's alot cheaper?

The problem is looked at far to simplistically, fine, you lower fuel duty but then they claw back the money some other way through personal and corporate taxation. Either way, the current parlous state of the this country's finances is well documented.

It's about time there was some collective responsibility to cut back on non essential travel. School runs, trips of less than a mile etc. OK it won't lower the price at the pump but it would lower family bills.

Business also has a part to play. Flexible work patterns, home working.

Of course there is also the technological issue of mass marketed alternative fuels and cars that will run on alternative energy. Weaning ourselves off fossill fuels will take time and political will.

We are paying over the odds at the pump for a finite resource, drilled at source and controlled in a oligopolistic market, with a high wholesale price added to by a debt ridden goverment. Direct action does bugger all to change that.

i've got a solution for you boycie, get a bike

On yours anorl!:)

The price of oil is not the reason why we're getting our pants taken down at the pumps.

Yes we can all walk a bit more sure, that's a simple solution to the school run maybe.

But what about the trades, taxi's, haulage. Your E bay delivery charges.

Game console delivery costs (I had to connect with the masses to get the point across)

The problem is looked at far to simplistically, fine, you lower fuel duty but then they claw back the money some other way through personal and corporate taxation. Either way, the current parlous state of the this country's finances is well documented.

It's about time there was some collective responsibility to cut back on non essential travel. School runs, trips of less than a mile etc. OK it won't lower the price at the pump but it would lower family bills.

Business also has a part to play. Flexible work patterns, home working.

Of course there is also the technological issue of mass marketed alternative fuels and cars that will run on alternative energy. Weaning ourselves off fossill fuels will take time and political will.

We are paying over the odds at the pump for a finite resource, drilled at source and controlled in a oligopolistic market, with a high wholesale price added to by a debt ridden goverment. Direct action does bugger all to change that.

I'm sorry - what :confused:

That's a word I've never come acroos before.

Thanks dave - have some brownie points, go forth and conquer the business world :D

Means the market is controlled by a small group of firms.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! My business management degree wasn't a complete waste of time.

I saw him Google it, degree my arse :D

Archived