Mugged

SillyBilly

SillyBilly

Went for a night out in Notts yesterday with a couple of old mates, never again. Rough as ****, full of chavs, skanky women. Ended up on some dodgy backstreets wasted at 4 in the morning, met two lovely gentlemen who offered me a knive to the torso and guided me to a cash machine. 250 down. Absolute scum. I was naive enough to think at my age and size, it doesn't happen to you. Wrong.This is my 7th mugging and the last was when I was about 20. Anyone had similar experiences to share?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Went for a night out in Notts yesterday with a couple of old mates, never again. Rough as ****, full of chavs, skanky women. Ended up on some dodgy backstreets wasted at 4 in the morning, met two lovely gentlemen who offered me a knive to the torso and guided me to a cash machine. 250 down. Absolute scum. I was naive enough to think at my age and size, it doesn't happen to you. Wrong.This is my 7th mugging and the last was when I was about 20. Anyone had similar experiences to share?

Sorry to hear that, mate. You've had some rough luck there. being mugged once is bad luck and twice is very rough but 7 times!:eek:

I only have the one experience in Nottingham.

I was on a bus home to where I used to live (Sherwood) and there was a group of about 6 twelve and thirteen year old kids at the back. I took the only available seat near the back and caught eye contact with the youths and asked them how their team (Forest) had gone on that day. They asked me why, who do I support and so I said "Derby". Stupid mistake as they all piled forward and started punching not only me but forced my girlfriend to the floor and started kicking her in the face. We managed to get off as the driver stopped but we were both in a pretty bad way.

I do like Nottingham as a city I have family ties there but to say it increased my hatred of Forest was an understatement.

My girlfriend got a black eye in Cov in the middle of the day when she refused to hand over her laptop. She held on and some lad chased him off when she started screaming.

Would love to kick the ******* in.

Big mistake taking bank cards out though....only take cash. I don't even take my phone out.

Anyone can get mugged.. But you definately increase your chances if you wander backstreets of a city, wasted, at 4 in the morning.. I assume you was on your own aswell?

I've never been mugged.. Been chased back from the movies with a few mates by a group of 18-20 year olds when I was 13/14ish.

I can't offer any advice that you wouldn't already know. But for me, I don't ever drink more than one or two, as I know alcohol can make people do irrational things.

Wasn't mugged, but was beaten up by 4 lads of mixed age range just for walking by. My mate managed to run off (quite a small fella) so i was left on my own trying to fight them off. Managed for a while (well hard) but eventually i was pushed to the ground whilst they proceeded to stamp on my head. Always wondered what 'seeing stars' meant, i knew then.

Didn't even nick my beer.

Heanor Town, gotta love it.

SillyBilly

Yeah I was on my own, I usually handle my drink fine but I had good cause for celebration and got abit carried away. I was staying at a friends and because I don't know notts too well, got out a street or 2 early.

The cash means sweet F.A, these guys were total no-hopers with nothing to lose so I'd rather pay and walk away intact for the sake of a few quid. Wasn't going to kick off. When I was about 20, got mugged just outside Jorrocks, fought back but got battered to a pulp by 3 blokes. Broken nose, black eyes, scars down my back still from being dragged across the pavement. Not worth it. Police do nothing, despite that one being on about 10 cameras. I don't ever bother with police now, no faith. Just a load of paperwork and stress I find. First thing they say, the old adage "you know we probably won't find them right".

Bris Vegas, being mugged is mostly bad luck, wrong place wrong time. You can minimise it, true. But, for instance, I use to work at the wyvern in Derby and got mugged twice walking back through Chad after late shifts at work.

In all seriousness out of the countries that I've lived in (4) I definately felt uncomfortable the most in England.. Even if I'm walking back along the main road at 10pm I know that there are low-lifes hanging around that would do anything for abit of cash.

Obviously there are certain areas of every city that you shouldn't wander in, especially alone and drunk, as you're asking for trouble.

Scariest place I've been was wandering the streets of Mexico City at 2 in the morning looking for a hotel to stay for a few hours as the metro had closed and I had a flight at 9am in the morning. With all the stories branded about I was trying to avoid people like the plague.

Luckily for me though they were incredibly helpful and generally nice people.

SillyBilly
In all seriousness out of the countries that I've lived in (4) I definately felt uncomfortable the most in England.. Even if I'm walking back along the main road at 10pm I know that there are low-lifes hanging around that would do anything for abit of cash.

Pretty sad state of affairs isn't it. Always makes me chuckle when the police announce that crime is at an all-time low and violent crime is plummeting...You speak to anyone and you don't get that impression at all. If it is safer people certainly don't feel it. There must be loads of people who don't report stuff because they know its just a waste of time.

From what I've seen of Mexico city on the TV I'm not surprised. Some areas where you wouldn't want to be caught lingering I'd imagine.

Never been mugged. Did once find my mate on the floor after a kick in and crouched down to check on him but didn't realise that the three blokes that did it were still there and one of them ran up behind me and planted my face on a curb.

Sorry about what happened to you but glad that you are ok. Never been mugged but got pretty close a couple of times when I was younger. The tactics that worked for me is trying to figure out which one is the leader and sucker punch him. And then run like hell. If there is a clear leader and he is out for a second others might not know what to do right away and that can give you time to escape.

Sorry about what happened to you but glad that you are ok. Never been mugged but got pretty close a couple of times when I was younger. The tactics that worked for me is trying to figure out which one is the leader and sucker punch him. And then run like hell. If there is a clear leader and he is out for a second others might not know what to do right away and that can give you time to escape.

You actually make alot of sense. My brother told me a funny story about this.

I'm friends with a boxer, he's more good friends with my brother, but he had a run in with 3 guys a few years ago when they went out alot. The guys obviously didn't know he was a boxer, and he ran off resulting in the 3 guys to chase him.

He managed to hide in a bush, and 2 of the 'chasers' had split off from the other leaving one on his own. He just happened to be a follower, ie. happy to dish it out but in no way was he the leader, just happy to mug a few people. Anyhow needless to say when on his own he was like a rabbit caught in the headlights resulting in my mate teaching him a good lesson.

I don't think I'd be capable of doing anything like what you said Cisse. I'm hardly weak, I've been a competetive swimmer all my life, but in the past when an incident occured with my Dad I just froze.. My brother on the hand though alot weaker was like a flying ninja.

You actually make alot of sense. My brother told me a funny story about this.

I'm friends with a boxer, he's more good friends with my brother, but he had a run in with 3 guys a few years ago when they went out alot. The guys obviously didn't know he was a boxer, and he ran off resulting in the 3 guys to chase him.

He managed to hide in a bush, and 2 of the 'chasers' had split off from the other leaving one on his own. He just happened to be a follower, ie. happy to dish it out but in no way was he the leader, just happy to mug a few people. Anyhow needless to say when on his own he was like a rabbit caught in the headlights resulting in my mate teaching him a good lesson.

I don't think I'd be capable of doing anything like what you said Cisse. I'm hardly weak, I've been a competetive swimmer all my life, but in the past when an incident occured with my Dad I just froze.. My brother on the hand though alot weaker was like a flying ninja.

Guys I ran into were just regular kids acting tough. They didn`t have any kind of weapons or anything. If you are scared enough as I was you do pretty much what you have to. Must say that I was still lucky as hell.

Sounds awful, I remember a year or so back, I was walking home from a night out down an alley, ran into about 10 'youths' who said "welcome to hell" then gave me the option of fighting one of them or all of them. I took the first option, bloke kicked me in the nuts then repeatedly stamped on me head. Then I tried to run away so got another kicking until one of them said "I can't even do this man". Broken collarbone, nose and 2 black eyes.

Another time got approached by a load of lads and they asked if they could use me phone. I said no which I took to be an innappropriate response due to the fact that, as soon as I said it, I got a vodka bottle to the head and concussion. Police came, never caught anyone, and then I got told that my police record says that I have a drink problem due to the fact that I'd been drunk at the time of getting done over.

Happy days.....

SillyBilly
Sounds awful, I remember a year or so back, I was walking home from a night out down an alley, ran into about 10 'youths' who said "welcome to hell" then gave me the option of fighting one of them or all of them. I took the first option, bloke kicked me in the nuts then repeatedly stamped on me head. Then I tried to run away so got another kicking until one of them said "I can't even do this man". Broken collarbone, nose and 2 black eyes.

Another time got approached by a load of lads and they asked if they could use me phone. I said no which I took to be an innappropriate response due to the fact that, as soon as I said it, I got a vodka bottle to the head and concussion. Police came, never caught anyone, and then I got told that my police record says that I have a drink problem due to the fact that I'd been drunk at the time of getting done over.

Happy days.....

Sounds like you've been in the wars too. Cowardly just doesn't begin to describe these people. I understand the problems of a few, drink, drugs, broken homes etc. Sometimes you have to realise you're being robbed as a means of supporting an individual's warped lifestyle. What makes me sick though is when people do it for no reason other than "kicks". Beating up some random guy (or woman) for a laugh.

Interesting to hear your experiences with the police. I was talking to a woman who works late shifts at an NHS hospital and she was telling me the number of people they have in for muggings on a friday and saturday night. The police just can't be arsed/have the resources to do anything about it.

Still a Vod bottle to the head. You scarred from that?

Sounds like you've been in the wars too. Cowardly just doesn't begin to describe these people. I understand the problems of a few, drink, drugs, broken homes etc. Sometimes you have to realise you're being robbed as a means of supporting an individual's warped lifestyle. What makes me sick though is when people do it for no reason other than "kicks". Beating up some random guy (or woman) for a laugh.

Interesting to hear your experiences with the police. I was talking to a woman who works late shifts at an NHS hospital and she was telling me the number of people they have in for muggings on a friday and saturday night. The police just can't be arsed/have the resources to do anything about it.

Still a Vod bottle to the head. You scarred from that?

Not scarred visibly, had to have a few stitches to the back of me bonce, just got a slight head ridge. I think, as you say, a lot of it's just for fun or to try and express some warped image of masculinity, completely pathetic really.

Blimey, these are awful accounts :frown: - a sad reminder of the society we live in.

Thankfully i've never been mugged. I was cornered by a gang once years ago, in the days before knives. I was more scared for my younger brother at the time who was only about 6.

Not kidding when I say there was 15 of the buggers. I remember because I counted and pretty much had to decide which one of them to hit, the one who got in my face the most.

So I made the decision to throw my hardest punch before she did which landed with an almighty crack and before I grabbed me brother and ran like the wind, I saw her nose explode all over her face. I didn't know I could hit someone as hard as that.

Never got to see the resulting bruise but oh, I hope it hurt like hell. The reason for this is because we spoke with a different accent, that's how it all kicked off and it was enough for us to almost get our faces kicked in.

My only other experience of being scared shitless was when I got flashed by some guy on a push bike. I just froze and thought thank God I've got tight jeans on :eek:. I turned around and walked away, didn't run because I didn't want him to know I was terrified and because he was on a bike and would have caught me anyway.

The police got him in the end. When I reported it they told me they'd had 2 other complaints that same week in the same area.

Fu*king perv. I get scared when my daughter sets off for school but I have to keep things in perspective. Although I have suggested a security chain for her bag, to which she thinks I'm over-reacting. :frown:

Sorry to hear that mate, always been lucky so far my self, like you if they were armed I'd just pay up, not worth the big sleep for a few quid:frown:

Not sure that Nottingham is any worse than anywhere else - all towns have got their rough areas and nob 'eds.

I was waiting for a bus outside of the One Stop Shopping Centre in Birmingham once with two mates in broad daylight.

A group of about 8 lads blocked up either end of the bus stop and asked us if we had a light (not sure that this was relevant or necessary??) and then the ringleader of the tormentors (he was honestly like a heavyweight boxer) punched my supposedly hard, streetwise 'Manc' mate (it eventually transpired that he was really from a posh village near Rochdale) and knocked him out. My other mate had still got his jaw wired up from a similar incident a week or so earlier (see - it's nott just notts!) and ran away like a girl (fair enough I suppose).

I kicked the big bloke in the leg and then sausageted him one in the face - probably not wise but seemed to do the trick - and then the second biggest one (still fairly large) got me in a sleeper hold.

He then stood there with me like that for a few minutes, telling me that I was "going to sleep", to which I replied "no, i don't think I am, mate" as it was having no effect at all (think Alan Partridge and his biggest fan, Jed). It became quite comical and embarrassing and eventually he just let go and we walked away from each other...a crowd had gathered and all the others had legged it at this point.

Anyway, we just wanted to get home for a brew and watch some Ironside but someone called the Police and we were asked by One Stop security to go and await the rozzers arrival in their tea room.

An hour later, two coppers, a man and a woman, arrived and displayed no sympathy whatsoever, basically stated that it wasn't worth them even looking into it as they would never catch them (no CCTV footage??) and then proceeded to lecture me on what a soft bstrd i was for not making like Bruce Lee and giving every one of them a good a55 kickin!....Apparently, the male officer's son - who was in the army - could have taken them all on easy! Thanks for the anecdote!

I really don't think thay the police should be encouraging vigilantism and this would have resulted in one of two outcomes:

a) I get my arse handed to me on a plate

b) I give one a hiding and then all his mates kick the sh1te out of me instead!

I would have loved to see the female officer take them all on (so to speak)

I argued my case quite vociferously and by the end of it was probably in more danger of being arrested than the bloody muggers! Furthemore, I went away more pi55ed off with England's finest (considering I didn't ask them to attend in the first place) than I was with our assailants! :mad:

Archived