Mugged

SillyBilly

In all seriousness out of the countries that I've lived in (4) I definately felt uncomfortable the most in England.. Even if I'm walking back along the main road at 10pm I know that there are low-lifes hanging around that would do anything for abit of cash.

Obviously there are certain areas of every city that you shouldn't wander in, especially alone and drunk, as you're asking for trouble.

Scariest place I've been was wandering the streets of Mexico City at 2 in the morning looking for a hotel to stay for a few hours as the metro had closed and I had a flight at 9am in the morning. With all the stories branded about I was trying to avoid people like the plague.

Luckily for me though they were incredibly helpful and generally nice people.

The only place in England I have felt genuinely threatened was Brixton at about 3 in the morning- not nice. I have felt very threatend in Spain on numerous occasions and once had a gun pointed at me in Turkey. Give me Blighty any day!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SillyBilly

I'd be dubious about taking on any of these youngsters now. I may be 6 3" and built like a brick shithouse but it means nothing if they're armed. Just isn't worth the risk. Back in my 20's I would have and have given it a go fighting back. Despite me getting into scrapes in my younger years, as most may have done on the town (never looked for it though), on the odd special occasion I do hit the town now, I feel alot more threatened. In days gone by, the worst you'd get is a smack to the face most of the time. Don't remember weapons being brandished about so freely.

The only place in England I have felt genuinely threatened was Brixton at about 3 in the morning- not nice. I have felt very threatend in Spain on numerous occasions and once had a gun pointed at me in Turkey. Give me Blighty any day!

So, did you manage to get away from her father - or did you have to get married?

Archived