Savage on Soccer AM

Day

This morning......

I tried to think of something to make more of a post about it but couldn't think of owt. So just incase you missed it the first time Robbie Savage is on Soccer AM this morning at 10am.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just don't get how people can't like him. Just a funny bloke.

He is just somebody with a massively inflated ego. I can imagine him being ripped apart by the standard group of men in the pub having banter. Don't know how we would deal with people that were short, sharp and quick (i.e. not your average football phone-in caller). He just doesn't have the intelligence. It is quite funny at times but you also have to have a degree of sympathy for the village idiot, afterall, he probably doesn't realise alot of people are laughing at not with. He seems to be very systematic of the whole celebrity culture we have in the U.K these days, people actually look up to these airheads. Probably explains a few things too.

He is just somebody with a massively inflated ego. I can imagine him being ripped apart by the standard group of men in the pub having banter. Don't know how we would deal with people that were short, sharp and quick (i.e. not your average football phone-in caller). He just doesn't have the intelligence. It is quite funny at times but you also have to have a degree of sympathy for the village idiot, afterall, he probably doesn't realise alot of people are laughing at not with. He seems to be very systematic of the whole celebrity culture we have in the U.K these days, people actually look up to these airheads. Probably explains a few things too.

I've found him to be self deprecating at times on the TV. I don't think his ego is massively inflated. He has stated in the past he isn't the most able player but has made the most of what he has got. He is a windup merchant on the pitch and I agree not the most articulate but when he has an opinion at least he expresses it. Unlike so many of the so called pundits who daren't offend their co-commentators or guests.

He has grown on me since joining Derby. The game needs characters.

I've found him to be self deprecating at times on the TV. I don't think his ego is massively inflated. He has stated in the past he isn't the most able player but has made the most of what he has got. He is a windup merchant on the pitch and I agree not the most articulate but when he has an opinion at least he expresses it. Unlike so many of the so called pundits who daren't offend their co-commentators or guests.

He has grown on me since joining Derby. The game needs characters.

Can't argue with your thought pattern there Obi. I've never thought him to be arrogant about his footballing abilities; rather seems to think of his name like a brand in my opinion. Not quite at Billy Davies heights just yet, I'm yet to hear the third person. And yes, it is nice to hear an opinion rather than the standard toeing-the-line responses. Did anyone watch the forest match yesterday? Dexter Blackstock as a pundit, maybe it is unfair to judge a footballer on articulation but he sounded like the biggest drip ever and I felt rather sorry for him, fish out of water.

Yes I saw him and enjoyed watch him squirm! Sav on the other hand is always good value and a breath of fresh air with the punditry. Good look to the lad, he comes across well, normally knows what he is talking about and makes me laugh-perfect for TV.

Seems like a decent guy. When he gets cocky and arrogant, he's clearly joking. Actually comes across far better on this than on the radio.

Thats what he wants you to think!! ;):D

Actually in all seriousness. I bought his book and he came across as trying too hard to PRETEND to be arrogant. Like a double bluff gone wrong. He just seemed arrogant.

But i don't really hate arrogance. He's been a very succesful player. He's worked fans rather well and created a name that ALL fans will remember. He's a big name in English football. Bigger than anyone in the Championship. Most in the PL. Yet he's not anywhere near as good as half of them anymore. His character works for him clearly.

He's more watchable than bloody Manish, Chiles, Townsend, Keown, Rosenior and Clem........ but then, so is Colin Murray.

I think he's alright. But the Derby team has too many passengers. Especially if Cywka isn't playing and Bueno goes back. Until we have more creativity i can't see why anyone would want him playing for us. Although he does pass sideways and backwards less then super genius Frank Lumpard.

Archived