Year on Year Improvement?

Ramalama

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say he stepped up pretty well.

We beat Leeds last night, and indeed have done twice this season - they are on course for a play off finish and could end up in the Premiership this season.

We've picked up some impressive results at places we have fallen many times before - Ipswich, Leeds, Crystal Palace - how many points have we collected from those three grounds in recent years? Not many. He's made us alot more competitive than we were under Jewell. I don't care about the stats that you'll pipe up with, I care about the football I watched with my own eyes - we were a joke.

The run was never going to last - remember the Metgod interview? Even the management knew it. There is such a thing as punching above your weight, and we definitely were doing. It's some of the supporters that got deluded, not the management.

I'm pretty neutral about Clough, and I'll argue with people that also think he's the best thing since sliced bread, because he isn't in my opinion. He's just done an ok job of keeping us in the league while we balance the books, and we'll be in a better position to challenge next season.

I'm genuinely excited about being a Derby fan at the moment, and haven't got the energy to moan about nothing in particular. We've got some very talented, young footballers in our squad, and people like Savage leaving is a fantastic opportunity for the likes of Bailey.

You don't seem to believe in anything other than the 'Clough Out' Cult, but as you say it's all opinions. Fair enough mate!

With regard to this comment - 'Just a thought, if the Management believed we where punching above our weight during the good spell, then surely the must have believed we would be relegated, because we would have been, without it' - There are quite a few places between 4th and 22nd, so they probably thought we'd be somewhere inbetween those places. Which we are.

As a sign off to an increasingly tedious thread, I'm very much looking forward to the new season with Nigel Clough at the helm. More importantly, I'm really looking forward to some success for this football club. There will be something else to moan about for some but you'll never stop that. Specially at Derby.

End of sermon.

You don't seem to believe in anything other than the 'Clough Out' Cult, but as you say it's all opinions. Fair enough mate!

With regard to this comment - 'Just a thought, if the Management believed we where punching above our weight during the good spell, then surely the must have believed we would be relegated, because we would have been, without it' - There are quite a few places between 4th and 22nd, so they probably thought we'd be somewhere inbetween those places. Which we are.

As a sign off to an increasingly tedious thread, I'm very much looking forward to the new season with Nigel Clough at the helm. More importantly, I'm really looking forward to some success for this football club. There will be something else to moan about for some but you'll never stop that. Specially at Derby.

End of sermon.

End of sermon.

i think nigel has been pretty average. if the aim was to spend two years putting together the basis of a new young team , then he hasnt really delivered that. Especially if after 2 1/2 years we are facing another major rebuild.

There have been good moments but when nigel got rid of jay mac , he said 6 good months in 3 years wasnt enough to earn a new contract. so on that logic.........

but like most fans i prepared to let this thing run its course and i stil hope he can achieve something soon.

If GSE do spend this summer and by THIS TIME NEXT YEAR you can ask that question and the answer is still 'yes', then all the Clough-haters will be vindicated.

You have to bear in mind, though, that I'm old enough to remember people slagging his dad off before it started to click; saying he'd never won anything, wasn't experienced enough, what does a footballer know about managing, poor tactically etc zzzzzzzzz etc.

You see, there will always be a group of naysayers around everything people interact about. It's just part of life and I accept that, just as I hope you have the grace to accept that, if I remain silent, then it can be deemed as acceptance.

A personal wish is that every single poster who feels Clough isn't good enough, would - just for arguments sake - accept that 1. Everyone gets their point now 2. Just accept the possibility that the mitigating circumstances MIGHT be the lack of funds, so back off until this time next year and see if GSE are good to their promise and that the manager deserves the benefit of the doubt that some of us have given.

OK, if you're not prepared to do that (an in that I mean all Clough-doubters), it's your choice, but as it's a reasonable enough request, I do reserve the right to call you an @rsehole :)

Clough out, board out, Pete out, tits out!

Sorry I'm not helping am I, I agree tho this whole Clough/Glick thing has been done to death now and both are going nowhere.

Dust off your flip flops, get the BBQ and Speedo's out as it's almost summertime!

If GSE do spend this summer and by THIS TIME NEXT YEAR you can ask that question and the answer is still 'yes', then all the Clough-haters will be vindicated.

You have to bear in mind, though, that I'm old enough to remember people slagging his dad off before it started to click; saying he'd never won anything, wasn't experienced enough, what does a footballer know about managing, poor tactically etc zzzzzzzzz etc.

You see, there will always be a group of naysayers around everything people interact about. It's just part of life and I accept that, just as I hope you have the grace to accept that, if I remain silent, then it can be deemed as acceptance.

A personal wish is that every single poster who feels Clough isn't good enough, would - just for arguments sake - accept that 1. Everyone gets their point now 2. Just accept the possibility that the mitigating circumstances MIGHT be the lack of funds, so back off until this time next year and see if GSE are good to their promise and that the manager deserves the benefit of the doubt that some of us have given.

OK, if you're not prepared to do that (an in that I mean all Clough-doubters), it's your choice, but as it's a reasonable enough request, I do reserve the right to call you an @rsehole :)

Yeah let's all draw a line under this now. Let's be honest we'll all get the pre-season excitement again and be looking forward to the next season. We will either be having this debate again next year or it'll all be good and some of us can chow down on humble pie.

Archived