The most hated family in America

WorksopRam

You think you have more going for you, simply because your going to university, the vast majority of people are. You have no idea about me or my family, or what I'm going to do in my life. I wish you well for success in your life, based on your attitude you'll definitely need it

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My attitude is already based on me having this success. Just because I will have a successful business handed down to me doesn't mean that I am depending on that business to get me through life because I have no idea how to handle a business. Iv gotten everything I've wanted even without mummy and daddy's cash. I think I have something going for me because I have more then what normal people have going into university. they are going in preparing to make a living while I don't need to. They have pressure on them to get the results and their uni fee over their shoulders where as I don't :)

I know this quote refers to the old testament of which you would probably want to distance yourself from with every ounce of goodness in your body, but nonetheless it is rather indicative of my opinion on religion as a whole. I'm sure you've read the God delusion as well as the bible cover to cover as I have. And I suggest you probably read other books of faith as well as atheistic commentaries for the sake of having balanced opinion.

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully"

After having read it, I don't disagree, Dawkins can put it alot more eloquently than I ever could. The new testament continues but with a tad more restraint. It quite clearly recognises homosexuality as a sin so I'm actually quite puzzled as to why you think I have the wrong bible. I'd be surprised someone your age has read it so maybe you could point me in the right direction. And for that reason their preachings on homosexuality imo is quite justified if that is the source of their beliefs. I absolutely abhor it because I'm of a non-religious persuasion.

My attitude is already based on me having this success. Just because I will have a successful business handed down to me doesn't mean that I am depending on that business to get me through life because I have no idea how to handle a business. Iv gotten everything I've wanted even without mummy and daddy's cash. I think I have something going for me because I have more then what normal people have going into university. they are going in preparing to make a living while I don't need to. They have pressure on them to get the results and their uni fee over their shoulders where as I don't :)

I don't distance myself from the Old Testament, because I can't.

Just my understanding of God is that our (as in us humans) understanding of God has changed, not God himself. I dunno what it is that made those Ancient Israelites worship a God like that, but it sounds serious doesn't it!

The single most important part of the Bible which turns it in to Christianity's Holy Book rather than a collection of Ancient Jewish stories and parables is the Gospels, ie the message of Jesus. The one who preached love rather than hate, and anyone who thinks that the Phelps are taking the Bible literally need to pay more attention to the Gospels or get a Bible with the Gospels in it.

They've broken one of the two most important commandents, which is "love thy neighbour as thyself." The question I'd like to ask them is how exactly they think they're doing that.

What was interesting about that family is how deeply afraid of their God they actually were. They don't even like the God they worship. I think their "Satan" is an all-round nicer being than their God. That's how wrong they are.

Doesn't matter. Out of interest why are you intending to go to university if you have a plan B anyway? ;) I don't see what your motivation to do well would be if you think you've got the golden ticket already. As for your contempories, the student debt was never really an issue for me, I'm still paying it off even now but repayments are modest and rather inconsequential at my age. I do, however, fear for young people today with projected debts of 50k, it certainly would have made me think twice. I feel very sorry for the younger generation.

If things fall into place nicely, my degree could lead me to live abroad for a few years, leading my tuition fees to be covered by you, the taxpayer.

Apologies in advance if this happens.

Doesn't matter. Out of interest why are you intending to go to university if you have a plan B anyway? ;) I don't see what your motivation to do well would be if you think you've got the golden ticket already. As for your contempories, the student debt was never really an issue for me, I'm still paying it off even now but repayments are modest and rather inconsequential at my age. I do, however, fear for young people today with projected debts of 50k, it certainly would have made me think twice. I feel very sorry for the younger generation.

But...... it's all irrelevant what you have, because you don't have a clue what I have or what others have so stop bragging. So if you've done it all without mummy and daddy, what have you done? Or are you not prepared to say that, just keep making outrageous statements

Archived