Rate the last song you heard

Plan B

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really?

I'm not saying trance hasn't got great aspects, but it's rather a limited palate, don'tcha think?

Well it depends how much you listen to it. If you listen to the mainstream trance it sames pretty much the same. However if you look around you can find some amazing tunes :D kicks n dubz's backsides!! :p

I've been listening to..

The Wombats - new album - very good, going to see them in Rock City in a few weeks time, some great songs.. techno fan and tokyo are my favourites but whole album is good.

Two Door Cinema Club - tourist history - another very good album, can listen all the way through and it doesn't seem to get boring (yet)

Wretch 32 - Black and White - brought this album on the strength of don't go, a song that got stuck into my mind, and played on me for weeks after listening to it at a festival(watched on tele) and it is very good, not to heavy on the grime, just talented lyrics and decent beats.

2 waiting on..

Ed Sheeran - plus (+) - I have been a massive ed sheeran fan for about a year now, since I got the tip off about him on twitter from James Cordon surprisingly who posted a youtube video of him singing the original, you don't need me which is very similar to the released version apart from the beat, and a new verse. Anyway, I digress.. I can't wait to hear his new album although a lot of the songs on it, he has already released before in different albums but these flew under the radar and will seem new, think it will be a good album, and sure to be popular.

Rizzle Kicks - Stereotypical - When I first heard these, I thought 's*%t' but they grew on me and after a little digging around, especially their covers and acoustic versions (which if done well is always better than the actual song, IMO) and they're very talented, just seen a cover of Ed Sheerans 'you need me' and they took it and went in a totally different direction and came out with a gem, very good!

Blast from the past

Stevie Wonder - the definitive collection - such a talent, I like old soul music and again when done well, it is brilliant and such a mood changer which is rarely done in todays music, but listening to his greatest songs and you can clearly see why he is up there with elvis, michael jackson, the beatles in terms of the all time greats!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to a lot of The Horrors recently. Didn't use to link 'em, they used to be soft goth-punk but all of a sudden they've gone psychedellic and sound a bit like Floyd. Endless Blue, Changing the rain and especially Still Life are tracks you should definitely give a go.

I've always like the Arctics but their latest album, Suck It and See. really cuts it for me. Bit of a Kings of Leon influence on some songs but they've matured nicely.

Bombay Bicycle Club's new album is like a perfect balance of their previous two and it really feels like they're going somewhere now. It's very complete, every track has its own personality and brings something slightly different.

Kasabian's new one sounds alright too.

Archived