Dean Moxey - Good Business or Raw Deal

Ram Raider

FACT! the word FACT will annoy a few members, so I sit back and wait for a rocky ride. Bring it on!:D

Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble!

Ah! stick it up yer jacksey! you know the Boyce is raite!;)

Maybe he wil be the next Gareth Bale mate :)

You didnt tell me how much we signed him for and sold him for??? Your as lazy as me.....

You're right about that last bit. We made a small profit, that's all i know. But if it's true we signed him for £200k and offed him for $400k, 100% rake back.

Raw deal.

Moxey wasn't a player that was as good as we needed. Selling him was probably the right decision.

But, it was at the wrong time. With 2 LBs and one of those under-performing. He was the best LB in the squad. What more could he of done?

You're right about that last bit. We made a small profit, that's all i know. But if it's true we signed him for £200k and offed him for $400k, 100% rake back.

How many dollars to the pound thought mate? ;) We will never know about this 75k clause but still think if Nige didnt want him here next seasom a loan with veiw to perm with a 24 hour call back would of been "good business"

How many dollars to the pound thought mate? ;) We will never know about this 75k clause but still think if Nige didnt want him here next seasom a loan with veiw to perm with a 24 hour call back would of been "good business"

ha. If it had been a loan, at least he doesn't get a chance to shine against us.

Ho well, hopefully we destroy their left hand side tomorrow. I want a decent radio commentary to listen to whilst trimming my mates bush :eek:.

It's not unheard of to have a % of any future sale put into a contract either, especially with the 20-25 year olds with sell on potential.

Maybe that was activated at a certain number of appearances as well? Of course it's all guess work..

personally, as I wrote at the time, i thought it was a strange decision but could understand it at the same time.

Having enjoyed myself as a "cultured" left back for years, it frustrated me watching and seeing that Moxey didn't push on at all as a player.

He didn't really look like getting better, I felt he flattered to decieve a little bit and he'd have 30 minute spells where he looked class, then he'd lose concentration and his man and we'd be a goal down.

I'm not sure he always did enough to get back in position and I also think he gave the ball away too much in central positions towards the end , trying to thread a ball 30 yards but never putting enough pace on it to get there.

I think Roberts has done ok since Dean has left, he might only have another year left so that should push him on and make him want to play week in week out. I also think Roberts is the better player.

Having said that i did think it was strange timing to leave only one recognised left back- so i'd hope we sign a proper left back in the summer, find ourselves a real threat down the left and we'll be in good shape.

Agree with the assessment everyone else is putting forward, no doubt better than roberts in the left back position but was definitely the weak link in our side (when we was good) a bit average defensively and didn't really offer much in attack, Brayford is thrice the player but again Brayford is one of the top full backs in the division, Moxey needs some consistency and when he finds that he'll make a good player in this league, it seems he only really does well in patches, when he first got here he was brilliant then spent the rest of the season playing poor, this season he showed a couple of good games but poor in most, I would say getting rid of him especially at that price was very good business I thought he should of been valued at the 300k we brought him, no more no less..

It cant be hard to find a better full back either, just putting in the man hours to find one.

Agree with the assessment everyone else is putting forward, no doubt better than roberts in the left back position but was definitely the weak link in our side (when we was good) a bit average defensively and didn't really offer much in attack, Brayford is thrice the player but again Brayford is one of the top full backs in the division, Moxey needs some consistency and when he finds that he'll make a good player in this league, it seems he only really does well in patches, when he first got here he was brilliant then spent the rest of the season playing poor, this season he showed a couple of good games but poor in most, I would say getting rid of him especially at that price was very good business I thought he should of been valued at the 300k we brought him, no more no less..

It cant be hard to find a better full back either, just putting in the man hours to find one.

So we have almost half a season with no cover for either fullback, except for having other players out of position. The only explanation is that the owners want the cash, ahead of having a viable Championship squad. As for him being the weak link in our side - no chance when Savage, Pearson, Porter and several others are on the pitch

Probably the worst deal in the past 2 years we have done. Doesn't matter what he had to prove he feckin did it in style and I wish him all the best not matter where he goes.

what?

the disloyal bstrd....he walked out on us just because we didn't want him....signed for someone else....and then scored against us...blah

....and he was very boney and had sunken cheeks.

what?

the disloyal bstrd....he walked out on us just because we didn't want him....signed for someone else....and then scored against us...blah

....and he was very boney and had sunken cheeks.

What are you on about? You like stalking me across the forum?

Boycie sort it out I cba with a WUM like him.

Archived