six experienced Championship players

welsh dragon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He says we need around 6 championship players, which is obvious to anyone with half a brain, and what we've been saying for the last 3 years.

He didn't say we were going to get 6 championship players in, anyone who thinks that is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Damien Delaney - Proven championship left back now at Ipswich. Linked with him already this season. Out of contract

Nathan Tyson - Out of contract

Neil Danns - Out of contract

Ward

Robinson

Duke

Delaney - wouldn't mind him at Derby cos we have no left backs.

Tyson - not a chance.

Danns - to good for this club.

Ward - I knew he is ***** so no thanks.

Robinson - Unsure about him.

Duke - looks like he will be our #1 next season.

Bywater off to other club. And we will never get Fielding cos he costs [sIZE=4]money[/sIZE].

so now we need experienced championship players?

Bywater, Connolly, Stewart, McEveley, Albrectsen, Leacock, Hulse, Commons, Teale, Kuqi.....

there's 10.

And out of them I would have Hulse and Commons at a push.

RamNut you are nuts. I take it you taking the pish with these names

Who has be bought from Burton apart from Buxton and Deeney?

Needless to say they will talk about Duke because he played for Clough years ago but since then played Championship and Prem League but that will be forgotten as he is from Burton.

Buxton and Deeney. Buxton gave 100% and never let us down, Deeney is on the bench incase of an injury and will ever only be used as a back up so it is time to drop this load of ******** and using it as a swipe at Clough. Buxton last season has played better with more passion than waste of breath Leacock this year. And out of the two who earns more money because I bet buxton is not on a lot.

Needless to say they will talk about Duke because he played for Clough years ago but since then played Championship and Prem League but that will be forgotten as he is from Burton.

Buxton and Deeney. Buxton gave 100% and never let us down, Deeney is on the bench incase of an injury and will ever only be used as a back up so it is time to drop this load of ******** and using it as a swipe at Clough. Buxton last season has played better with more passion than waste of breath Leacock this year. And out of the two who earns more money because I bet buxton is not on a lot.

Very good point, well made.

And out of them I would have Hulse and Commons at a push.

RamNut you are nuts. I take it you taking the pish with these names

I'm just pointing out that we've had experienced championship players......doesn't mean that they are any good.

Personally I couldn't give two F's if they've played in the Championship before or even do now. We need 6 players who are good players. Stimac, Eranio, Asonavic, Idiakez, Bisgaard, Rasiak, Baiano, Wanchope, etc. Any of them even played in England before?

Although we'll probably need millions of pounds and Championship players as we don't seem to be able to scout foreign players who will be better and cost less.

Like i said on another thread, if you want 'decent' championship players who aren't over the hill you'll need to pay a fee and you'd be looking at around £500k per player, and that's being conservative. Does anyone really believe the board will cough up £3m to get these players in or that shipping Savage off the payroll and flogging Varney, Bywater and a couple of fringe players will boost the coffers???

Plus no good player in the 25-28 age bracket who's contract is up come to us as they know we lack ambition so all this talk of Neil Danns & Tyson coming is stupid. They'll be snapped up by likes of Swansea, Cardiff, QPR from the Championship or even the Wolves or Blackpool's from the Prem.

This is just another piece of Glick speal to get everyone to sign up to the early bird deals and from the sounds of it Black&White has already fallen for it...

Like i said on another thread, if you want 'decent' championship players who aren't over the hill you'll need to pay a fee and you'd be looking at around £500k per player, and that's being conservative. Does anyone really believe the board will cough up £3m to get these players in or that shipping Savage off the payroll and flogging Varney, Bywater and a couple of fringe players will boost the coffers???

Plus no good player in the 25-28 age bracket who's contract is up come to us as they know we lack ambition so all this talk of Neil Danns & Tyson coming is stupid. They'll be snapped up by likes of Swansea, Cardiff, QPR from the Championship or even the Wolves or Blackpool's from the Prem.

This is just another piece of Glick speal to get everyone to sign up to the early bird deals and from the sounds of it Black&White has already fallen for it...

I dont agree you have to spend a 500k on a steady champ player, QPR signed Hill, Derry, Shittu on frees, Norwich signed Crofts, Fox, Ward on frees or less, Leeds signed super Connerlly, Sam, Bruce, Bassone, Schmiceichel the same. While you need to sometimes spend money there are also good players out there who do not. Thats what good managers do.

I dont agree you have to spend a 500k on a steady champ player, QPR signed Hill, Derry, Shittu on frees, Norwich signed Crofts, Fox, Ward on frees or less, Leeds signed super Connerlly, Sam, Bruce, Bassone, Schmiceichel the same. While you need to sometimes spend money there are also good players out there who do not. Thats what good managers do.

I'm sure you'll agree we're f**ked then...

Archived