Book v Film

davenportram

Right, just a quick thread to give us a chance to compare the Book to the film. Take your pick of film, just give which you think is better and why.

Green Mile - for me the book. This is one of those where I read the book after the film and the book wasnt spoiled by having watched the film. For me the book was better, excellently written and easy to read. The film was pretty good but without the performace of Hanks and the guy playing Big John Cofee it wouldn't have been half as good.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna start off with something different.

Stardust.

Film wins by a country mile, if you ever get the chance to read the book then don't. One of the few books/films that I found rgar bad I threw it away when I finished it.

The film is a fun fantasy film that when taken with a pinch if salt is enjoyable. Books still sht.

The da Vinci code I preferred the film, the book was good but the film edged it for me.

Angel's and demons the book. Found it gripping and fast paced, you literally couldn't put it down. I do like both these books though for the short chapters cause I find them alot easier to read as I have to read a chapter at a time.

The da Vinci code I preferred the film, the book was good but the film edged it for me.

Angel's and demons the book. Found it gripping and fast paced, you literally couldn't put it down. I do like both these books though for the short chapters cause I find them alot easier to read as I have to read a chapter at a time.

The book must be pretty poor then, the film is very average. IMO...

The only book and film I have read/watched is I'am Legend and I thought the book was much better.

I've got The Green Mile but haven't got round to reading it yet. I prefer to read over watching a film.

The only book and film I have read/watched is I'am Legend and I thought the book was much better.

I've got The Green Mile but haven't got round to reading it yet. I prefer to read over watching a film.

I agree, the ending is so much better, as is the whole storyline tbh.

When the book arrived I thought oh great it's going to be a 5 min run through of the film as it was that thin. The book proper sucked me in tho, one of those "1 more page Dave" type of books

I have some failed attempts at buying books that were films, Inglourious Basterds was one which turned out to be a script for the film and Dumb & Dumber turned out to be a kids book, I'm not sure what I expected with that one to be honest.

I have a few books based on tv programmes, I have all the Red Dwarf books and I also have a Auf Wiedersehen Pet one.

Oh oh oh, just remembered I also have Yes Man, didn't actually finish the book as it started to bore me half way through, film wasn't much better either.

I have some failed attempts at buying books that were films, Inglourious Basterds was one which turned out to be a script for the film and Dumb & Dumber turned out to be a kids book, I'm not sure what I expected with that one to be honest.

I have a few books based on tv programmes, I have all the Red Dwarf books and I also have a Auf Wiedersehen Pet one.

Oh oh oh, just remembered I also have Yes Man, didn't actually finish the book as it started to bore me half way through, film wasn't much better either.

What was this Dumb and Dumber book??? Please explain!!! Dumb and Dumber the second funniest film of all time just behind anchor man!!!

Dumb & Dumber did leave me a tad dissapointed at the end, we never did get to see Mary's knockers. When he was driving and having that dream I was like wahey here we go....hold on.....hold on......nooooooooooooo damn you headlights!!!

We did get a little glimpse at her bottom tho which I did approve of

http://images.dailyfill.com/c20158ed67ae497e_94a9639f2acd2795/o/day-dream

The Da Vinci Code was a shocker of a film but a great read.

Archived