Book v Film

davenportram

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lord Of The Rings?

Books (or book in my case) far,far and far better than the films.

Films are as good as i would of hoped..... but nothing will touch the book. Started with The Hobbit and didn't stop reading until the end of Lord Of The Rings.

The flims don't cover the riddle games with Gollum. Infact, Gollum is a far better character in the books.

^^ Yes, but then the films also didn't have that tw@ Tom Bombadil in them either...... ;)

Contact - Awesome book (Carl Sagan), sh1te movie (Jodie Foster) - somehow, for some reason, they decided to lop off the most interesting third of the book and instead turned it into the final 5 minutes. Thanks. :rolleyes:

The Time Traveller's Wife - Enjoyable read inextricably turned into a chick-flick movie. Tw@s.

Friday Night Lights: Book = Movie = TV Series - a story that apparently works in every medium.....

Lord Of The Rings?

Books (or book in my case) far,far and far better than the films.

Films are as good as i would of hoped..... but nothing will touch the book. Started with The Hobbit and didn't stop reading until the end of Lord Of The Rings.

The flims don't cover the riddle games with Gollum. Infact, Gollum is a far better character in the books.

Aside: Tesco near me have LOTR on Blu-ray for £5 each, or you can spend £22 to get the boxed set. Might be available in other tescos

The extended editions are coming out later this year. You'll probably be able to get the theatrical editions even cheaper than that eventually.

Besides, only the first movie is a proper transfer, the other two are just upscaled, which your TV will do to the DVDs anyway if you're connected via HDMI. ;)

Archived