Moxey's departure

BatesDCFC

sorry if this has already been posted but ive stumbled on something whilst playing football manager.

in moxeys transfer to derby from exeter there was a clause of if he plays 50 games for the club, derby must play exeter 75,000. he played 49 for derby. was this why he was let go? :confused:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry if this has already been posted but ive stumbled on something whilst playing football manager.

in moxeys transfer to derby from exeter there was a clause of if he plays 50 games for the club, derby must play exeter 75,000. he played 49 for derby. was this why he was let go? :confused:

Not heard this, wouldn't surprise me!

Good spot that, wouldnt suprise me at all. Email radio derby and get them to ask Glick :-D

So if the transfer fee was £400k, we effectively received £475k. Seems like better 'business' now.

It isnt the first time, the same was also true of Varney, who I predict will be back with us in May when Blackpool don't renew the loan or buy him. So we will be paying big wages to someone we can't play without invoking a big transfer increment. if roberts is injured we will be playing the academy left back next to the academy goalkeeper.

It isnt the first time, the same was also true of Varney, who I predict will be back with us in May when Blackpool don't renew the loan or buy him. So we will be paying big wages to someone we can't play without invoking a big transfer increment. if roberts is injured we will be playing the academy left back next to the academy goalkeeper.

How do you know Blackpool won't sign him? He has done well for them. How do you know someone else won't sign/loan him?

Opnion getting blurred with facts again.

So if the transfer fee was £400k, we effectively received £475k. Seems like better 'business' now.

Was it good 'business' that we had no cover at left back last night and had to play a player who's not even good enough for football league level in his own position, let alone filling in another position?

Was it good 'business' that we had no cover at left back last night and had to play a player who's not even good enough for football league level in his own position, let alone filling in another position?

I didn't say it was 'good' business. I said we effectively received a 'better' price than originally thought.

My comment of 'business' was a critique of NC stating we had sold Moxey for 'footballing' reasons.

I think selling Moxey without a replacement was a mistake, though for the record, i thought both Roberts and Pringle played well last night.

The following appears under "Contingent liabilities" in the 08/09 accounts:-

Signing and other bonuses due to players under the terms of their contracts.......£710k

Maximum liability under sell on clauses....£1.463m.

You'll note that the first entry mentions players,as opposed to other clubs.

Moxey was signed on 26 June,and so falls within these accounts.

he actually made 47 starts, plus 5 sub apprearences in the league. Plus another 4 appearences in cup competitions.

I find it staggering that some people think a computer game company would gave inside knowledge on contracts. Surely if that were the case details would be all over thd papers regarding all high profile contracts.

Also why would they bother even trying to get details of contracts on a transfer between Exeter and Derby for a player who was signed as cover and not first choice.

Archived