Billy having a dig???

Mary Hindge

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/9405497.stm

Is this a little dig at us Billy??!!??!! Shame you didnt look for quality when fluked our promotion cvnt

Never got enought players has he! Most decent managers should get a team up with the resources he always has. He has never done it with a low budget, he didnt get us up without 8 million quid he had to spend, he had plenty to spend at Preston as well. Fair play if you back him he will get up and around promotion I'll give him that, but with the budget and players he has brought in its not suprise to be honest...

What was said?

"He respected ND decisions on transfer (money), it's his money, he can do what he likes with it"

I thought ruddy hell, he changed his tune,then he said "but am here to get Forest into the Perm and that cost money". I thought he was having a dig but more softly softly approach.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/9405497.stm

Is this a little dig at us Billy??!!??!! Shame you didnt look for quality when fluked our promotion cvnt

FLUKED our promotion...? FLUKED...? you mean the FLUKE of winnning more away games in a season than any other manager ever in the history of Derby County Football Club, or the FLUKE of finishing 3rd in the league, or the FLUKE of beating West Brom in the play off's who finished 8 points behind us in the league..? Yeah, you are right, he fluked it, not bitter at all are you.?

FLUKED our promotion...? FLUKED...? you mean the FLUKE of winnning more away games in a season than any other manager ever in the history of Derby County Football Club, or the FLUKE of finishing 3rd in the league, or the FLUKE of beating West Brom in the play off's who finished 8 points behind us in the league..? Yeah, you are right, he fluked it, not bitter at all are you.?

I remember us having this debate on the DET. I won't get your pants in a twist this time, so won't say anything.

[sIZE=1]we were flukey[/sIZE]

My perspective -

We did at the time have a good quality championship squad, all be it cobbled together rather hastily by BD. We punched above our weight because of BD's ability to get the collective best out of those players. To my mind it's BD's greatest ability as a manager - he has a knack of getting average players to perform way beyond their normal standards.

You see teams like Blackpool go up, and I can't help but feel that our squad under BD was no worse than theirs...

Yet we were beyond terrible in the PL, something I put down initally to BD's various weaknesses.

Firstly, I don't think BD was particularly good at spending money or signing players that improved the squad - most of those made were ultimately poorly thought-out panic buys.

Secondly I'm not convinced that BD is tactically good enough for the PL - he certainly wasn't when managing Derby!

Thirdly and perhaps most importantly, once the defeats started stacking up, BD kicked off with his usual mind games against the board, and began to evoke a blame culture at the club.

From hereon in it was catalogue of other errors (Pearson coming in, Jewell appointed too early, more panic buys, etc).

Honestly, everything that could've possibly gone wrong seemingly did go wrong, and that was reflected by the team performances.

I do wonder, had another manager like Holloway taken BD's team up, would it have worked out differently? His outlook as a manager is a lot less provocative then BD, and much like Clough he's happy to get on with his job no matter the constraints.

You do get wound up swissy old boy! Calm down dearest it's only a forum!

Thank you Billy for one of my best days as a Derby fan, my favourite being promotion under Jim Smith loved the man and loved the team Billy and his team left a bitterness in my mouth with the ***** football and comments to the media, hell wish I was as lucky as you and got to see with my own eye's the best days EVER as a Derby fan!!!

Anyway you have gone off topic and so have I now, like I said to Gboro I do take eveything the ***** says personally! Don't know why don't know why I will rest of my life might be that he is with the scum now might be his comments wishing it was Preston and not us he got promoted!!!

I thought it all went slowly downhill when BD brought in Pearson, Teale and i think it was Mceverly in the January Transfer window when we were cruising along. We wasn't brilliant at playing attractive football but we kept grinding out results. Then towards the end our luck ran out just when we needed it most hence we went from table toppers to play off finalists.

Silly Billy then ran his mouth off at the board meaning he got sacked. If it wasn't for his mouth he'd have more opportunties to manager at the top. Don't get me wrong, tatically his quality but he doesn't know when to keep his trap shut.

our team wasnt good enough to go up and stay up,which was proved.west brom were a better team,but the best teams dont always win.

it was a poor division that year really.Derbys team over achieved.

Of course we were good enough to go up, we were the third best team in the league, ie better than anyone else in the league bar the top two.

The best team always wins the league, the worst team always comes bottom.

We finished 8 points above West Brom, because we were better than them.

Of course we were good enough to go up, we were the third best team in the league, ie better than anyone else in the league bar the top two.

The best team always wins the league, the worst team always comes bottom.

We finished 8 points above West Brom, because we were better than them.

Agreed 100% West brom played prettier football that is for sure but they failed over 46 games to get more points than us and failed to beat us at Wembley so any argument to the counter is just wrong.

Our football was awful to watch but was effective enough to finish third enough said.

Archived