The Sopranos

NottsRam

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've watched the first 4 episodes of the wire and don't rate it at all.

The wire is another class production, i see what you mean about it thought, I watched the first couple of episodes about 4 times before i got into it. You really have to "tune your ear" into the gang talk, even Mrs M coudlnt0 understand it at first,and it can be seriously depressing too...but what a great show...

The Sopranos, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire in my humble opinion.

The wire is another class production, i see what you mean about it thought, I watched the first couple of episodes about 4 times before i got into it. You really have to "tune your ear" into the gang talk, even Mrs M coudlnt0 understand it at first,and it can be seriously depressing too...but what a great show...

The Sopranos, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire in my humble opinion.

Well, I still have an entire couple of series on my PC so I shall take your word for it and give it another go. :)

It is! :D

I watched the first episode of The Wire, and it just doesn't do it for me.

Ban Worksop!

Nah jokes it took me a while to get in to. The first series is all about introducing the city, the main gangster characters and the police. It's all important stuff but nothing of significance happens until the latter half. I can guarantee it's still worth watching though. In the 3rd and 4th series it becomes the sort of programme that you end up sitting in and watching five episodes at once just to see what happens. The cliffhangers are terrific at times.

Ban Worksop!

Nah jokes it took me a while to get in to. The first series is all about introducing the city, the main gangster characters and the police. It's all important stuff but nothing of significance happens until the latter half. I can guarantee it's still worth watching though. In the 3rd and 4th series it becomes the sort of programme that you end up sitting in and watching five episodes at once just to see what happens. The cliffhangers are terrific at times.

Yeh, I'm quite open-minded, so I'll stick at it.

Might even invest in the boxset. ;)

Yeh, I'm quite open-minded, so I'll stick at it.

Might even invest in the boxset. ;)

I watched it on my PC but I'm going to get the boxset so I can watch it again. It's £50 but it's five series of quality programming. Each series has thirteen episodes of an hour each so it's less than a quid an episode. It's well worth it. If you stick at it you're going to climax when you get to the 3rd and 4th series.

I watched it on my PC but I'm going to get the boxset so I can watch it again. It's £50 but it's five series of quality programming. Each series has thirteen episodes of an hour each so it's less than a quid an episode. It's well worth it. If you stick at it you're going to climax when you get to the 3rd and 4th series.

Nice one.

I'll refrain from watching it with my mum then!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just watched the last episode of the Sopranos, quite sad it's over actually, been watching it almost every day for a month now. Not really sure what to make of the ending, dont want to spoil it for anyone still watching so i'll just say i think it was a good ending.

Truely great series though, really enjoyed it, second to Only Fools and Horses only in my opinion, although completely different things to hard to compare.

how do you watch it? when I try to load them on sky download thing they only seem to be old episodes?

P.S don't anybody ruin it for me, or i will come around your house and cry like a baby. capiche?

how do you watch it? when I try to load them on sky download thing they only seem to be old episodes?

P.S don't anybody ruin it for me, or i will come around your house and cry like a baby. capiche?

http://tubeplus.me/player/1474939/The_Sopranos/season_2/episode_12/The_Knight_in_White_Satin_Armor/

The novamov.com one has worked fine for the past month for me, usually let it buffer to the end and then it's happy days.

Archived